GOG Patcher takes forever to apply patches?

+
Not sure if its just me or not, but the GOG patcher will download a patch relatively fast, but then it will take 2+ hours to apply the patch. What the hell is going on here? I am very hesitant to patch the game because of this slow patch issue.
Anyone know if theres a fix for this?

it's not you... it really, really, really sucks.

installing 1.2 took me like 2 hours, in a raid 0 array. Yeah, it's not a ssd nvme, but definitively not a slow ass 5400 rpms disk either.
Even so, disk throughput was very far from the limits of my setup, cpu and memory usage was pretty low, and still, they manage to make the computer act sluggish... Don't know if they are just making the disk search all over the place or what, but it's the slowest patching system i've seen.
Man... it even competes with the speed of razor1911 compress tool, but for an entire game.

Last edited:
be glad you can update period. I am getting fed up with this game when I was an earlier supporter. and since I don't have 10 posts I can not even create a thread. which would be nice since I can't find any threads addressing my issue. since patch 1.2 (3 times now which is beyond ridiculous. about to ask for a damn refund 4 months later) I have had to reinstall the game because the patches never work. they start off downloading some small acceptable amount then fail to update and start practically downloading the whole game over anyways. the drive has over 100GB's free to. I have moved the patch download locations also and that doesn't help. this POS game should not need more than 100GB to download a 700 something MB patch and apply it. and twice now this has been with FRESH BRAND NEW INSTALLs of the game. [...] seems it is specific to GOG as I find even less info from steam users. I mean what game has this much trouble and issues? I'm beginning to understand why they left out soo many things they advertised pre-release. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:

DC9V

Forum veteran
My thoughts:
  • Issue with cloud sync, due to overloaded servers?
    • Not sure: Maybe the language settings will change the server region
  • Fragmented part of your HDD ?
    • try defrag your HDD
    • GOG settings -> Installing updating -> Change: Temporary game update folder
  • Not enough disk space?
    • run cleanmgr.exe as admin

Top Bottom