GOG REFUND?

+
Oh Idk... Probably cuz GoG is owned and operated by CDPR. ;)

I know that... but that does still necessitates that CDPR is honoring their commitment to their 30 day money back guarantee... wich in turn necessitates that they actually still are the honest pro consumer company they apparently once where...
Post automatically merged:

refund on PC why? the game works. i understand being disappointed but i dont think its the honorable thing to do to ask for a refund. the game is only 60bucks.

That depends on your system... there are people out there with configurations that should be able to run CP77... but just aren't...

As far as I've seen they've offered store credit, but no refunds on original payment method.

CDPR refund statement was in reference to consoles only,

refund on PC why? the game works. i understand being disappointed but i dont think its the honorable thing to do to ask for a refund. the game is only 60bucks.

Honorable? This isn't feudal Japan. 60$ is a lot of money to some people too.

Don't try to guilt trip people into keeping the game, let them refund if they feel like it.

As for the OP, CDPR has a very... lax... refund policy on GoG but I'm betting they have a few hundred thousands, if not in the million, requests to go through.

I get that 3 weeks is a long ass time for a refund but although their refund policy is lax, it also states that each request is evaluated individually. So, y'know, could take a while.

Hopefully you get your refund soon enough. Maybe we'll see you all in a few months if CDPR fixes the game!

Honorable? This isn't feudal Japan. 60$ is a lot of money to some people too.

Don't try to guilt trip people into keeping the game, let them refund if they feel like it.

As for the OP, CDPR has a very... lax... refund policy on GoG but I'm betting they have a few hundred thousands, if not in the million, requests to go through.

I get that 3 weeks is a long ass time for a refund but although their refund policy is lax, it also states that each request is evaluated individually. So, y'know, could take a while.

Hopefully you get your refund soon enough. Maybe we'll see you all in a few months if CDPR fixes the game!

"IF"

All im saying is that if everybody refunded this game, CDPR would go bankrupt.

How would anyone get THAT from what you said?

Plus, 13 million copies sold including refunds as of December 20th, probably a lot more by now. They've got a few hundred millions to spare ;)

That would suck... but "blaming" those dissatisfied with the falsely advertised/defunct product for wanting their money back is not the right way... i wouldn't refund even if i could since i have 140 hours in the game and i would really feel dishonest (to put it mildly) to demand my money back... but if you literally can not get it to run because of its poor optimization... what are you gonna do? Wait and hope they patch it? Maybe you rather put the 60 bucks towards a game you can actually play?

As far as I've seen they've offered store credit, but no refunds on original payment method.
That's only the automated response they send to refund tickets (they ask if you'd accept store credit - AFAIK you can refuse). Unless you have some credible source where an actual refund was denied...?

Plus, 13 million copies sold including refunds as of December 20th, probably a lot more by now. They've got a few hundred millions to spare ;)
I... have some strong doubts about those numbers.

First, because so many refunds seem to be on-hold. And if they are on hold, they are likely not factored into that 13m count. Secondly, CDPR made that statement around the time their stock was in freefall.

In general - it seemed as sincere as their marketing materials for CP77. I.e. misleading at best.

Last edited:
hilarious would be, anyone getting a refund today, would not be allowed to buy the game again in the future

"IF" [CDPR fixes the game]
Bugs and performance issues? Probably - they have a very strong financial incentive to do so, since they still want to release the game on the PS Store. The missing (but advertised) features? I wouldn't hold my breath for those.

hilarious would be, anyone getting a refund today, would not be allowed to buy the game again in the future
That's not how refunds work. But nice try guilt-tripping dissatisfied people.

At worst if CDPR / Steam detects that someone's abusing the refund system they might just be denied a refund. But no sane company would prevent anyone from spending money.

That's only the automated response they send to refund tickets (they ask if you'd accept store credit - AFAIK you can refuse). Unless you have some credible source where an actual refund was denied...?

First, because so many refunds seem to be on-hold. And if they are on hold, they are likely not factored into that 13m count. Secondly, CDPR made that statement around the time their stock was in freefall.

In general - it seemed as sincere as their marketing materials for CP77. I.e. misleading at best.

THIS.
I believe it as much as the statement "console version works great".
- December 2020

Heh, there is effectively no way for us to know as of right now.

I don't really doubt it personally. I have no doubt that some pending refunds were left out but not all of them. Not even a lot of them.

I also believe it exactly because their stock were in freefall. That was their saving grace. Keep in mind they already had a potential lawsuit ahead of them. Now that lawsuit is real, these investors will get the real sales numbers at some point. Lying about refunds now would be a terrible, terrible, idea.

Furthermore, the game has consistently been #1 on Steam (and one can assume on GoG and potentially Epic too) since it's release. Through a Steam winter sale. It dipped to #2 a few times but then went right back to #1. Few games have done that even right after their release. The game is still selling a lot of copies. It's also holding a mostly positive rating on Steam, out of nearly 300K reviews. People don't usually refund games they're positive about and it's a big enough pool to be representative.

I think it's safe and accurate to assume that:
  1. The game has sold a lot more copies since the sales numbers were release on December 20th
  2. The refund ratio isn't nearly as bad as we might think.
Again, no way to really know and I could be wrong. Overall, I'm inclined to believe their statement.

(...)Lying about refunds now would be a terrible, terrible, idea.(...)
I've no doubt that they sold a lot of copies. I've also no doubt that a lot of refunds are pending and haven't been factored at all (they probably factored in Steam refunds, which is easy, as well as some generic "unique emails" from their help-me-refund email; I doubt they factor in the GOG tickets, because that system isn't nearly as automated as it should be). I do admit - I also don't think the refunds are in the millions, but I have no idea how bad the refund situation on consoles really is (being a PC player).

As for them lying about sales numbers - hey, it's a perfectly "defendable" statement. "We sold XYZ copies, and it SEEMED like the refunds were ABC at the time". Really, it's as defendable as the marketing materials from trailers, but seems just as misleading. But, after all, this is the same company that said the game runs surprisingly well on consoles... which seems like an incredibly silly lie to make.

There are many circumstances for which to get a refund, not only for bugs or for things that were shown and now are missing, like any other product on the market you can demand a refund if you are not satisfied with the product, for whatever reason

Top Bottom