gog support send me to forum, to report game bug

+
I used button send report inside GoG Galaxy at game page:
1612982399389.png

After this I redirected to site, where I need to report bug about game Cyberpunk 2077.
One month passed.
But today I receive 2 mails with same text:
1612982631971.png

Is this means, all my bug reports sended to wrong place? Then why CDPR left this button inside launcher?
Have CDPR any proper way to report bugs?

Attachments

• 1612982480806.png
    1612982480806.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 109
Now that is an amazingly poor handoff between two affiliates (GOG and CDPR).

They're claiming it's a game bug, not a GOG Launcher or GOG Software issue.

So they should tell you to open a CDPR Technical Support ticket, not ask yet another unanswered question in the forum that will languish until Doomsday.

Now that is an amazingly poor handoff between two affiliates (GOG and CDPR).

They're claiming it's a game bug, not a GOG Launcher or GOG Software issue.

So they should tell you to open a CDPR Technical Support ticket, not ask yet another unanswered question in the forum that will languish until Doomsday.

I'll try your link. Thank you!
1612985188585.png

I was told by Lilayah and Amelai on email more than once to report bugs to the forum, you say go to the support page. WTF guys, dont you know whats going on or do you just not want to fix your game we paid for?

I was told by Lilayah and Amelai on email more than once to report bugs to the forum, you say go to the support page.
Regrettably, mix-ups can occur. We have this notice in the Technical sections, just for that reason:
1613028178612.png

Tickets submitted through the contact links of the Support website remain the best method of ensuring that technical issues are recorded in the system.

You mean the website that is so convuluted and confusing.

Looks liks CDPR wants to be laughed at foe their poor customer support

For CD Project RED support: There is no email confirmation to submitted reports, you cannot access your submitted reports and whole support page is quite chaotical when only part of categories allows submit report. This is simple to say the worst game support system I ever experienced in my gaming in last few years.

For CD Project RED support: There is no email confirmation to submitted reports, you cannot access your submitted reports and whole support page is quite chaotical when only part of categories allows submit report. This is simple to say the worst game support system I ever experienced in my gaming in last few years.
Is it possible CDPR support site completely doesn't work?
I have same experience.
Can moderators request devs about workability of support site?

Here is reply from GOG Support
1614002480717.png

I'm confused. How we can report bug, if can not be sure about proper works with this bug?

How we can report bug, if can not be sure about proper works with this bug?
CDPR Support will email you once they've looked at your ticket. Which may take a while as they're undoubtedly under heavy load still.
You just need to wait.

That's actually a standard response. Most developers have an internal process. You may have found a bug, but it needs to be triaged, categorized and prioritized. That information would not normally be passed back to the discoverer of the bug.

Sometimes people report bugs, but they're not really bugs too. I'm not saying this is your case, but it does happen. So generating tracking numbers without determining validity and severity of the bug first doesn't make sense. Figure out if it's a real bug, how severe, is usually what happens. Then they can integrate the fix (if required) back into their planning system. You will not see any of that.

I am on the latest version and just discovered the T pose glitch isnt even fixed yet. I am wondering if any of the patches even fixed anything

It was in the gig where padre asks you to steal evidence from a gay club i aimed the pistol i had at a guys head in the club

T-pose still happens. It's less predominant than after Launch Day but before 1.1. Some NPCs who are near the fighting during a gig or if I encounter NPCs I want to engage in battle on the street - instead of running or cowering, end up in a T-pose.

Ok fine, but when will it be fixed. Will you accept a car that has half the gears missing and the one door doesnt open if you buy it new? NO

So why are we a cepting this, if their staff is so telanted then they need to fix their mess, if not then what?
Someone needs to be accountble here, just saying sorry in a video and then radio silence is not close to being good enough

They do send confirmations and thank you emails (sometimes long afterwards when the patch or hotfix has deployed). Honestly, those are unnecessary.

CDPR's bug reporting system is inadequate for a game with this many serious bugs. There is a character limit for REDSupport submissions (1000 characters iirc) so concision is needed. There are also not enough useful categories to file reports under (I filed a 1.1 mod randomization bug report under weapons because it was the least inappropriate classification I could find).

All the issues I have tabled for report require screenshots, video and/or a save file to demonstrate a problem, which REDSupport personnel do ask for but its a clumsy back and forth over email. Also what with the ransomware attack, sending/receiving attachments over email is an infosec nightmare.

Their issue tracker is entirely private and forum users are directed to REDSupport as the first port of call when they experience problems. This is not good in my opinion because it encourages players to privately submit high volumes of unverified, inaccurate or outright false information. This just clogs CDPR's issue tracker with bogus reports making life incredibly hard for their own devs.

So I just create or participate in bug hunting threads on this forum, encourage the sharing of data and testing methodologies so we can (a) reproduce the problem, (b) collectively learn how, when and why the problem occurs so we can (c) submit a lower volume of higher quality bug reports via REDSupport.

I personally think Warframe's unofficial bug hunting threads are the gold standard if the devs are not going to have a public issue tracker:

Operation: Orphix Venom - Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!) - PC Bugs - Warframe Forums

Warframe is a really buggy game and part of the reason they can hotfix incredibly fast is because the PC playerbase is effectively a giant team of beta testers and are used to unofficial bug reporting in a structured, searchable way. I would honestly just copy their community team sticky with the templates and formatting they use.

I cannot submit accurate bug reports without talking about it with other people here first. When I reported the 1.1 mod randomization bug, I started out with a fundamentally incorrect understanding of what the problem even was. I was only able to submit accurate documentation on the features of this bug because other players falsified my data, modeled the problem better than I did and had tools I did not in order to gather information about game systems I had no knowledge of. Without this discussion, nothing I submitted would have been actionable. In fact, it would have resulted in a bunch of devs looking for the wrong needle in the wrong haystack, which is how bugs never get fixed.

The fastest way to solve any problem is to gather loads of smart people together and share ideas in a methodical way. The 8mb save data thread is a great example of this. CDPR were able to address this issue incredibly quickly because players shared ideas on this forum and understood the precise nature of the problem before reporting it. When they did report it, they had evidence and an exact method to reproduce it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom