GOG Updates Privacy Policy, Will No Longer Use Geo-IP to Determine Your Region

+
Wow !! I would have never expected this!!! Omg this is a first for the gaming industry.. These guys really give a damn about their customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As an aussie I am overjoyed with how they are handling their business. You have my money and will have more for your future products! :D Thank you!

cmfreak said:
Wow !! I would have never expected this!!! Omg this is a first for the gaming industry.. These guys really give a damn about their customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As an aussie I am overjoyed with how they are handling their business. You have my money and will have more for your future products! :D Thank you!
Noooo... GoG trusted it's customers that you belongs to which country :p

archaven said:
archaven said:
Noooo... GoG trusted it's customers that you belongs to which country :p
LoL, you are right... but although I said I'm an Aussie, I did NOT say I was living in Aus at the moment.... you see I like to travel alot.. ^_-

Okay, now I have a serious conflict. Because of this info, I changed my country. Which I am not in right now. The price for this country is only two thirds of the other one.I am aware, that I'd get the credit for the store when I pay the much higher price, so I don't pay more than US price in the end (theoretically). But since right now they don't have any more games in the store that I want to buy, it would be lost money. Or I buy with the new countrys price and without credit (same price for them, less for me).What do I do now?

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Okay, now I have a serious conflict. Because of this info, I changed my country. Which I am not in right now. The price for this country is only two thirds of the other one.I am aware, that I'd get the credit for the store when I pay the much higher price, so I don't pay more than US price in the end (theoretically). But since right now they don't have any more games in the store that I want to buy, it would be lost money. Or I buy with the new countrys price and without credit (same price for them, less for me).What do I do now?
You buy it in the new cheaper country. To me this is the real benefit of GOGs new policy, not the bonus that we've focused on in this forum for a few days. Now you pay the lowest price possible, period.

Grunthex said:
You buy it in the new cheaper country. To me this is the real benefit of GOGs new policy, not the bonus that we've focused on in this forum for a few days. Now you pay the lowest price possible, period.
Well, is it legal? I'm not so good in interpreting legal stuff. :-/

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Well, is it legal? I'm not so good in interpreting legal stuff. :-/
Yes, it was their intention the whole time. They don't earn that much, since they have to pay for the licences from the games you end up buying with the free credits.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/10/australians-might-want-to-pick-up-witcher-2-on-gog/Just saw this story here. gotta say, this is pretty awesome.

Well, to be fair, we'd consider "paying more money for a censored game" to be a fairly troubling issue.
Now, THAT is an attitude you can get behind. A hundred percent. I very, VERY much hope that they have found a good loophole and don't ever get in trouble for that. Happy day for the Aussies and NZ's. :))And of course I am a happy chickie as well, because I saved a lot of money! I very much disagree with milking Europeans like that! We have to pay the same amount for games than i.e. Americans - only in Euro! Which means the European price for TW2 is over $70!! No, not CE, digital version. That's just not fair, we have bad economy as well. Hence I'm glad that I now got the game for $45, which I think is a reasonable price and CDPR will not have any less profit.

You're right.Anyway, I was just checking and playing with setting on GOG. It's my understanding, that you will the game more (I have just paid $60,97) but this is the message I've recieved from GOG:
Fair Price Package $16 USD instore creditSince EU customers have to pay almost $16 USD more for The Witcher 2 than the rest of the world, we're giving them a $16 USD credit to spend on anything at GOG.com.
Sine I've a couple of games to buy there, it's pretty fair to me :)

Yes, it is fair from GoG to give the credit, they were not obliged to do that. It's very generous and it was one of the reasons I chose to buy from them. But since there's no game I really, really want to buy right now, except Witcher, I'm a lot better off now with butter on my bread, instead of a $16 credit. ;)But I am very sure that I will buy more games from GoG in the future. :)

Top Bottom