GOG Version Crash on Startup - "Changelist: 1 has stopped working"

+
GOG Version Crash on Startup - "Changelist: 1 has stopped working"

I can't open the game. Once I open the launcher and click "Launch Game", I get an error that says "Changelist: 1 has stopped working." I purchased the game from GOG several months ago when it was going for $6.00 and haven't been able to play it at all because of this error. Everything I've tried to fix it hasn't worked - re-installing numerous times,updating the game version, turning off possible conflicting programs, etc. It's a pretty frustrating problem because there doesn't appear to be any clear fix and I simply just can't play the game.

There doesn`t seem to be any one conventional fix for this error . I don`t believe it started happening until the 3.4 patch was released .

I had this error one time and one time only . I did a system file check after the error appeared it it hasn`t happened since . For others a OS reinstall fixed it and yet others removed a witcher 1 save from the Documents>Witcher 2>savegames folder . To be honest I don`t really know what causes it .

If you`re importing a save then try it without .
To run a system file check Click Start and type cmd in the search box then it should appear in the programs list right click it and select run as administrator . When the command box appears type or copy and paste this in the box
sfc /scannow and press enter . When it`s finished checking restart your computer and try the game again .

I don't think it can be a savegame error since I've never played the game before or any other game in the series. The error has been present since the first installation of the game.

I tried running a system file check that came up uneventful and restarted but the error still is popping up.

There is a way to downgrade from 3.4 if you`re so inclined to do so . Download the patch from the link and install it . That should put you back at 3.0 then install patches 3.1 , 3.2 , 3.3 only . After downgrading should you decide to do it . After downgrading to 3.0 then try starting the game before applying any additional patches .
http://en.thewitcher.com/enhancededition/

Tsuzanagi said:
I can't open the game. Once I open the launcher and click "Launch Game", I get an error that says "Changelist: 1 has stopped working." I purchased the game from GOG several months ago when it was going for $6.00 and haven't been able to play it at all because of this error. Everything I've tried to fix it hasn't worked - re-installing numerous times,updating the game version, turning off possible conflicting programs, etc. It's a pretty frustrating problem because there doesn't appear to be any clear fix and I simply just can't play the game.

See if my entry (the last post)in this thread helps: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37319-changelist-1-has-stopped-working-help/

Top Bottom