Going to Toussaint before end game?

+
Going to Toussaint before end game?

Hello. I'd like to know if there is a way to go to Toussaint without starting the main quest. I would like to get Aerondight for fighting the last boss because it's a sword link to Geralt destiny and I think it makes sense for Geralt to fight him with it. Anyway to start this quest without going through the main quest of the DLC? Or to start the DLC story without finishing the main story?

minicrom;n7144590 said:
Hello. I'd like to know if there is a way to go to Toussaint without starting the main quest. I would like to get Aerondight for fighting the last boss because it's a sword link to Geralt destiny and I think it makes sense for Geralt to fight him with it. Anyway to start this quest without going through the main quest of the DLC? Or to start the DLC story without finishing the main story?

IIRC you need to complete the "A poet under pressure" quest before the "Envoys, wineboys" quest to pop up in your journal.

Unfortunately it's impossible; the above poster is correct. The only way you can get to Toussaint without starting the main quest is to start a "Blood & Wine only" ("Hearts of Stone only" might work as well, no idea) new game - which disables the main quest entirely.

If you're on PC you could try using console commands to teleport to Toussaint, but that would more than likely break something irreversibly.

iCake

Forum veteran
RidiculousName

I think the OP asked if he can get to Toussant before completing the main quest and obtain Aerondight without starting or finishing the B&W quest. If so, then yes! As mentioned, to get to Toussaint you need to first complete "Poet under pressure" quest, then a quest that'll take you to Toussaint will pop up. Go through the quest up a point where you end up in Toussaint, then just go your own way from there and take the Aerondight quest, which is not the part of the DLC's story :) Get the sword, get out of Toussaint, kill Eredin with your new toy, then return to Toussaint to finish B&W at your leisure.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your kind replies ! I'll do that then. Because it makes sense to go to Toussaint for Geralt in order to try to get allies to kill Eredin before going to the isle of Mist. I wonder if CD Projekt planed such a possibility. I guess it's not possible to find new allies but I wonde if some dialogues have been written with Geralt asking for help :D

once the main mission fro the dlc shows up in the joural you go to toussaint, and you need to explore, do side quests until you find the new quest to get the sword the you continue doing side quests to complete the "sword-quest"

Hello, although this thread is quite old, I think my quesitons fits here:

When I rush toward Novigrad on New Game + and rescue Dandelion in Order to access Blood and Wine, ignoring all side quests on the way. Will this break anything storywise? - Will some Endings get inaccessible or is it fine to return from Touissant and finish any quests in the North i ignored at first ... preferably wearing full Legendary Gear?

I'm not sure about the side quests, but it shouldn't break anything concerning the main quest. AFAIK there are no time-limited quests. When you start B&W and go to Toussaint it's as if Velen, Novigrad etc freeze in time. Nothing happens until you get back.
However! You may find adventuring in Toussaint challenging if you go there as soon as you can; the foes you will face will be difficult.
So while you could, you should ask yourself if you should. Plus it has always seemed odd to me that Geralt, whilst franctically seeking Ciri, would drop that search just because the Duchess summons him, and spends a few weeks in Toussaint.
Moreover in "Be It Ever So Humble" quest, Geralt could be visited by a close friend which could be Ciri - kind of awkward and breaks the suspension of disbelief.

Thanks for the answer. Since my Geral is max level, Toussaint won't be more of a challenge no matter when I do it.

Storywise it does not make sense at all to go there before finding Ciri, but to be honest it does not make sense to do any sidequests at all, since you want to find Ciri as fast as possible (form the perspective of Geralt how is stongly tight to her in an emotional way).

With regards to character development it of course makes sense since you level up and thus become more powerful. And on this playthrough I simply want to max out Geralt talent and equipment wise and finish as much of the game with a Geralt, who is as powerful as possilbe. Therefor I want to go to Toussaint as fast (as early) as possible to get the Legendary Witcher Sets.

From a story perspective:

I think it makes sense for Geralt to head to Toussaint either before the battle of KM, or just after its conclusion.

If before, it makes a sort of sense that they're "mustering their forces and waiting for winter". Geralt might head to Toussaint and get all embroiled in that stuff at that point.

If after the battle, it makes sense as both the Wild Hunt and Ciri's crew suffered some major blows, and both are regrouping as the North, especially Nilfgaard vs. Skellige, prepares to explode. Geralt may follow the lead as it's arguable he has some time at that point.

I'd say it may make even more sense to have him go there before finding Ciri to begin with, but level is an issue. I tried tackling it at level 14 the first time. NOPE. o_O

Top Bottom