Gold Card with clear weather effect is needed

+
Gold Card with clear weather effect is needed

Hi,

I would love to have a gold card which clears the weather. There are many cards with various weather effects, but there is only first light to clear the weather. I loved the leader ability in Witcher 3's Gwent to clear the weather. Maybe Philipa would be a good card for this for NR deck?

There is one: Kambi (Skellige). Kambi after 3 turns spawns Hemdall, Hemdall removes all the non-gold units from the field and clears all the wheather effects.

psyde3p;n7466020 said:
I would love to have a gold card which clears the weather. There are many cards with various weather effects, but there is only first light to clear the weather.

You already have First Light (Clear Sky) to clear the weather. Why do you want a gold card for that? Also, gold cards are suppose to be stronger. So it should also have another effect.

psyde3p;n7466020 said:
I loved the leader ability in Witcher 3's Gwent to clear the weather.

The Monsters' Leader Dagon can clear weather.

Yes monster Leader can clear weather, but monsters is now all about weather. Which is ok, but I think we need more than one counter (don't want to have three first light cards in my deck), as so much cards can spam weather but none other than fist light can counter it. I thought about Philipa because she is not very useful atm.

4RM3D;n7466900 said:
Also, gold cards are suppose to be stronger. So it should also have another effect.
I think he means a unit, with an added clear skies effect. Like Woodland Spirit and Caranthir. I would also like to have some golden tech cards to use against weather. Right now NR has Keira Metz but that's about it.
Something like: Strength X, versatile: Remove Weather from its row and reset all weakened non-immune units there to their base strength. Just like the griffins really, but golden and neutral.

Almaron22;n7469660 said:
Something like: Strength X, versatile: Remove Weather from its row and reset all weakened non-immune units there to their base strength. Just like the griffins really, but golden and neutral.

Hmmmm, if you are going to make it gold, I might even suggest something more drastic:

Zenith
Gold
1 Strength
Loyal or Disloyal
Agile
Ability: units on the same row are not affected by weather

4RM3D;n7470140 said:
Hmmmm, if you are going to make it gold, I might even suggest something more drastic:

Zenith
Gold
1 Strength
Loyal or Disloyal
Agile
Ability: units on the same row are not affected by weather

Cards like Triss Iorveth or Roche would rape it instantly. It needs more STR.

KasumiGoto;n7470620 said:

That's the whole point. There should at least be some from of counter, otherwise the card could be too strong. Or maybe the card is too weak now, although I don't think so.

I find it kind of lame when Scoia'tael with their agile units + aeromancy + draw advantage uses weather at that last moment when your passing. Having a gold-neutral ambush card of 7-9 power that clears all weather at the end of the round would be nice to help counter that technique. At the moment I suppose only NR has Keira that can somewhat counter it...until the opponent re-uses aeromancy lmao.

4RM3D;n7470140 said:
Zenith Gold 1 Strength Loyal or Disloyal Agile Ability: units on the same row are not affected by weather
Yeah, something along those lines. It's very good in the decks which are afraid of weather (mostly buff focused combo decks), and can even be used by weather decks, to keep your own rows clear. A very strong but situational effect, with downsides that can be counteracted. Good card :)
Now balance is a whole other thing, but having other tech cards against weather (other than clear skies) would be nice, especially if there are going to be more cards like Coral ^^

KasumiGoto;n7470620 said:

Who cares? Iorveth = ST so no weather deck, Roche = NR so no weather deck and monster or skellige decks with Triss are pretty non-existent.

Why gold? Monsters have the Archgriffin, which is a simple agile bronze that clears weather on a single row. I seldom see them, but they are great. I wish all the other factions had a card like that.

It might not be bad to have more than just one option, e.g. a Gold unit which clears the weather and is either strong or spawns additional 1str units, a silver unit which only clears it's row etc.

Before we get another weather-clearing card, weather itself should be reworked. Right now only Monsters (and some Skellige) decks use weather, which would give the other two factions (ST/NR) even more options to counter the weaker factions SK and especially Monsters. It would only seperate NR/ST from SK and Monsters even more which is the last thing we need in the current meta :D.

I'm not sure why everyone says ST can't play weather deck. I have one loaded with agile units. It's fun. It's not the optimum strategy for the faction, but it's cool playing something no one expects.

Rawls;n7532180 said:
I'm not sure why everyone says ST can't play weather deck. I have one loaded with agile units. It's fun. It's not the optimum strategy for the faction, but it's cool playing something no one expects.
That sounds pretty interesting :D But I doubt it would be as dominant as some other decks. And I think those decks should be brought down (and weaker decks brought up) to a balanced level :p

Top Bottom