Gold farming?

+
Gold farming?

This is a lengthy read, so if you don't want to read it all, just skip reading and leave your gold farming methods for me and others to use.

I had a NG+ file sitting on about 20-25k gold, but once I started playing HoS that went down the drain spending on the...rather disappointing enchanting. The price to get all his proper equipment was too expensive (5k just to start and 10k for the first upgrade). The enchants were rather underwhelming as well, and the items he sells are very expensive as well. You don't earn enough gold to buy from merchants and the stuff you sell to them is severely under-priced.

I haven't gotten too far into BoW yet and I've noticed that the small estate that's given to Geralt is pretty interesting and affordable (5k to upgrade his house and varying prices around or less than that for other upgrades). But witcher contracts went from giving upwards to 300-400 gold to half that and with items that you sell to merchants being so under-priced, I run out of gold much faster than gaining gold.

In my opinion, as things are, it's unfair and you don't earn enough to buy the stuff you need. Another thing that's way too overpriced for what it does; the armor dyes. The materials are expensive and the dye you make is all single use. It would make sense if it the dyes were stacked upon making them - meaning per dye you can use it on all your equipment instead of only being able to dye one per vial.

In short - I need a proper way to make gold as of patch 1.21, but no exploits or bugs please. I know they're unfair and aren't meant to be the right method to making gold (even though it seems exploits are the ONLY way to make gold in TW3). If anyone has any methods that don't fall under those categories; share them with me please.

it's unfair and you don't earn enough to buy the stuff you need.
Actually i see it completely different. There is more gold than you need. But its ofc not for free. Loot and sell, thats the key.

Just play normal. Clear the most question marks, loot everything and sell everything you don't need . Trust me, you will not have any gold problems.

If you're not up to looting crates and question marks, slay the ghosts and draconids - they drop the most expensive body parts, earn money like a true witcher

I cleared all question marks which were on my way when I was going to a quest. That way I could also find few new quests.

There is a reason why almost all BAW merchants have enormous amount of money. Loot, loot, loot!

No need to pay for Dyes you pick loads up as play if you loot everything in sight & once you invest in the garden at the villa you can get the ingredients for crafting free. Most contracts pay far more than in Velen so if you get a rich person don't be afraid to push your luck they pay well. Loot everything in sight, vast riches can be made just from picking up dropped weapons as the armorers in the main town & tournament grounds carry 10,000 coin each so dumping them all on them is easy. You might want to invest in the ability to carry heavy loads or have the Fiend decoration handy. Ton's of gold & silver to be found in Tousauntt, It's rich so just loot houses in the main town as most can be entered & pretty much all of them have ton's of gold or silver items stashed away.

In 3 days of constant farming i gained around 120k gold , what you gotta do is loot those smuggler's cache in skellige there is a shit load of them and you can loot nice items including relic swords and relic armors. as i said i took me 3 days of constant farming to clean the skellige's sea but it was totally worth it .

The forts in B&W are great for gold. Fo not kill the boss all you have to do is kill all the normal enemies the one to the north is the best, just dont climb up fast travel wait a couple of days and fast travel back. Also if you are looking for monster inards then the abandoned site next to the the runewrite is great just dont destroy any nest you come across. The process it long and sometimes tedious but I enjoy it turn hud off, feet up and off I go.

Top Bottom