Gold plated guns

+
I've been finding a lot of gold plated "common" guns as was wondering if I'm the only one who wants to be able to do this to my own creations since I've earned the top level of the gun and clothing crafting skill.. creating legendary grade equipment should be pretty unique I would think, how about you......

I think, it could be good :)

My two favorite guns (for the moment), are a Lexington and a Nue entirely chromed (or almost and in legendary version). If I could make them directly it would certainly save me a lot of save's reaload and time.
But unfortunately these "manufactured" guns would not have the additional bonus which makes that a looted weapon will always be way better than a crafted one.

Plus, if the "color" selection is done in the same way as for sabers, ie totally random, it's a bit annoying :(

Easy, looted weapons (in container) could have special effects, few examples (french translation...) :)
Power weapon :
"cancels horizontal recoil", "weapon swing reduction by 50%", "halved the time to draw and increased damage by 20%", "ricochet damage increased by 12%", "bullet dispersion increased by 80% after the first shot",...
Tech weapon :
"2 bullets per shot", "50% reduction in loading time to pierce walls",...
Smart weapon :
"aiming time reduction by 50%", "bullet speed increased by 50%", "target aiming time during 2s after losing sight of it",...

And for saber, to obtain a good stats and good attack speed on good look saber, it could take forever :)

Last edited:
so these internal abilities can't be in a crafted weapon? if not I guess it's a trade off, crafted can have a higher dps...thanks for the info

Nope, those habilities are unique to "looted" weapons and iconic :)
(like 2 bullets per shot on Widow Maker and Lizzie).
For power weapon, if you have "cancels horizontal recoil" by the abilitiy and "cancels vertical recoil" by a mod. It's pretty damn stable weapon.
No need to talk about a Quasar with 2 bullets per shot (it's just devastating).

But if you can "choose" the color, it could be nice early game when you can't obtain legendary in container (before level 34+)

I've been finding a lot of gold plated "common" guns as was wondering if I'm the only one who wants to be able to do this to my own creations since I've earned the top level of the gun and clothing crafting skill.. creating legendary grade equipment should be pretty unique I would think, how about you......
Yeah, would be cool if weapons had several different (color) appearances like the vehicles. Still no mod that offers that, probably not in the game (yet).

An example of "crafted" and "looted" Quasar, both are full upgraded to level 47.
13c32edb-2648-4450-8fcd-5b90f7dfb577.PNG66b3edf0-1b1d-47e6-9a2e-81dc637fbb87.PNGd907f81e-c5b4-4669-bd96-93a564c0fbdc.PNG
Final stats :
Looted
214c29c9-629e-46a8-b4e1-f14d8b80368d.PNG

Crafted
7b5d3ff7-5b05-41a0-96be-2ee54edab1ac.PNG

If you look at the stats, you can said: But what are you talking about, the "looted" one is less powerful. The crafted one have more DPS !
But if you look the stats :
Looted 136-166 dmg 9.63 firerate > 1459 DPS.
Crafted 136-167 dmg 3.53 firerate > 1523 DPS.
Something sound wrong here :)

The "2 bullet per shot" ability is not taken into account in the DPS. And if you use it in combat, it's like day and night, the "looted" one is really, really more powerful :)

For back in the topic, an additional action when you craft a weapon like "choose color/style" would be great :D

Last edited:
In code there's 5 skin type of gun: default, military, neon, pimp, base

Default is normal
Military is camouflage and Stars and Stripes
Neon is colorful
Pimp is gold or silver, some guns with this skin type is brown
Base can be understood as special, not all guns have this type. This type of skin does not seem to have standard traits, such as pink Lexington, black & white Lexington

The gun skin also seems to be related to the enemy's affiliation. There're what I roughly know:

Default can looted from any affiliation
Tyger Claws: Neon, Pimp
Maelstrom: Military, Pimp
Scavengers: Military(?), Pimp, Base(?)

Last edited:

Yes! Some of the cool styled guns were common or uncommon with no slot or only a spot for a scope. First playthrough I really wanted a brightly colored (pink ideally) gun. The few times I found something cute I ended up moving on because upgrading was a grind, and they still wouldn't gain a slot, so what was the point? By the end I was just using Archangel, Crash, and Johnny's Malorian Arms. I wish we had some sort of say in how the crafted weapons look. It just makes sense in this world that you'd add your own personal flavor to a gun you've taken the time to make. Like if they had maybe 8 swatches or so to choose from when you craft your weapon. (And 3 of those options were gold, hot pink, and red -but that's just me.) I'd love a yellow weapon like in the training BD with T Bug.

Nope, those habilities are unique to "looted" weapons and iconic :)
(like 2 bullets per shot on Widow Maker and Lizzie).
For power weapon, if you have "cancels horizontal recoil" by the abilitiy and "cancels vertical recoil" by a mod. It's pretty damn stable weapon.
No need to talk about a Quasar with 2 bullets per shot (it's just devastating).

But if you can "choose" the color, it could be nice early game when you can't obtain legendary in container (before level 34+)

I've only seen these in games. I don't know where else they can be found. Recently read about gun control, used https://studydriver.com/gun-control/ for that. There I read that one businessman had a golden pistol. I honestly don't understand why he should. Here you can explain everything only with punts.
:(

Last edited:
I think letting us bling out our weapons is an easy win for them.

Top Bottom