Gold , Silver , Bronze is not OK

+
Gold , Silver , Bronze is not OK

Card classifications were perfect and very understandable as Hero,Character,Troop,Special.

I like that we can distinguish a troop from a character now because of the bronze frame instead of the confusing steel frame though so there's that .

Changed colors to bronze/silver/gold is a good idea, but yeah, "troops", "characrers" and "heroes" should stay in game.

It's too cheesy and Makes the cards feel much more disconnected from the lore.

There are going to be some compromises made if Gwent is to be a successful game. This to me helps a lot with someone who isn't as familiar with the game because they are quick to know the general ranking. Plus when you get into the abilities that talk about the rankings, especially ones referring to the heroes and characters, it's just a better switch. Does it make it a bit more causal friendly? Yes, but I don't see that as a problem as it's ultimately still Gwent. The card draw thing that is being discussed in the other thread I can see being argued if it's a good or bad change. This though takes the purist mentality to the extreme in my opinion.

What if a gold card is not a hero (hell, not even a person)? The vanilla system is too limiting imo, and this system will allow special cards to be gold as well (imagine the potential!)

No it's way better this way. The old way was fine for the game that gwent was in Witcher 3, but you can't just port it over 1:1. The balance was way too bad for that in the old gwent. This new system is not only better visible, gives player an instant recognition for card-value, but it's also more flexible and allows for cool plays with changing the colors of cards with various effects.
It's just better in pretty much every way.

yeah they literally say: gold cards get buffed... I'm sitting there thinking there is a new age... The Casualization! xd

No it's way better this way. The old way was fine for the game that gwent was in Witcher 3, but you can't just port it over 1:1. The balance was way too bad for that in the old gwent. This new system is not only better visible, gives player an instant recognition for card-value, but it's also more flexible and allows for cool plays with changing the colors of cards with various effects.
It's just better in pretty much every way.

It's funny that you forgot that W3 had only heroes and non-heroes .. Character and troop is a new thing

I think about it before. How Katakan can be Character? Or Hero Lechen? Or Grave Hag? This is all name of class of creatures not name of 1 creature. Same like dragons,manticores etc.

I still dont like how its sound like bronze-silver-gold. Old troop-char-hero was better. But from gameplay point new system have more options.
And i realy like to see some gold special cards it can be like spells with realy great effects like clear board or kill heroes all cast all weather card on all row at same time, and because its gold this spells will be only in 1 copy and will place in "hero" slot.

Shani promotes any non-hero creature to Gold.

It's funny that you forgot that W3 had only heroes and non-heroes .. Character and troop is a new thing

What? I know that vanilla gwent had only heroes and non-heroes. Where did I say something different? Btw. technically vanilla had characters and troops, because troops can be said to be generic cards which you can have multiples of in one deck and characters can be unique cards that you only can have once per deck. And that was allready the case in vanilla gwent in W3.
Besides that just reinforces what I said: The new system is more flexible and just plain better than the old one.

Top Bottom