Jobs Support Register

Gold weather me once, I've got a counter, gold weather me twice...

+

mfool123

Poser
#1
Gold weather me once, I've got a counter, gold weather me twice...

Hey all,
I want to discuss the slow trend back towards weather USING GOLD CARDS. Now that a good amount of gold cards have lost value in the gold immunity patch, many people are starting to realize the value of a gold weather card, or perhaps even two. The idea of running two gold weather cards came from a brilliant axe-man deck that currently roams the top of the leaderboards. But from this idea, spawned other decks to weigh the options of their gold slots and now I'm seeing other factions running double gold weathers simply because an extremely high number of decks are running either no weather clears, one weather clear, or one/two units that will clear weather on the row they are played on. So the combo between gold cards losing value in general, a extremely high number of decks not running more then one full weather clear along with bronze cards being buffed and gold cards not being immune to damage has brought the value of gold weather cards up. So I'm here to ask the community, where do you value gold weather cards this patch? What's your take on running two gold weather cards. Is there an added value to using two gold weather cards over one in a GENERAL SENSE. (Obviously certain decks will benefit more from running two gold weathers then others but I'm looking for your opinion on a more generalized perspective). Is running two gold weather cards better then running just one?
 

The_def_star

Junior Member
#2
Currently I'm running axe men you need whether or the deck is usless. I have 1 gold weather, 2 silver weather and a T-Rain card. I really don't want to use this many weather cards but it's the only way that Harald and Axe men is viable. It's not even that great of a deck as it need set up compared to the higher tempo decks out there. SK this meta really got screwed compared to the other factions.
 

TheShift

Poser
#3
It's nice isn't it.
I love it when in one round RNR isnt good enough and they result to the drought ...really?

Desperate times were in
 
Last edited:

Mnorojo

Junior Member
#4
Weather is an in game mechanic. Its there yo be exploited and countered. RNR and Drought can get high value if the opponent has no counter. A Gold should have 15 value. Even sulver weather can easilygwt that. Personally, I find weather annoying, buy then again a lot of Gold cards are.
 

Shuls02

Poser
#5
The_def_star;n9508811 said:
Currently I'm running axe men you need whether or the deck is usless. I have 1 gold weather, 2 silver weather and a T-Rain card. I really don't want to use this many weather cards but it's the only way that Harald and Axe men is viable. It's not even that great of a deck as it need set up compared to the higher tempo decks out there. SK this meta really got screwed compared to the other factions.
I'm running Axeman with no gold weathers and I'm doing just fine, tho I'm sure having a gold weather helps.
 

4RM3D

Moderator
#6
I think that running double gold weather doesn't make much sense for decks that do not have any synergy with it. There is always still a gold unit that's probably better than the 2nd gold weather. Still, gold units losing immunity did indeed increase the popularity of gold weather. But (gold) weather can easily be countered by a mage or a Clear Skies, making it still a risky play, unlike certain other gold cards.
 

The_def_star

Junior Member
#7
Shuls02;n9508881 said:
I'm running Axeman with no gold weathers and I'm doing just fine, tho I'm sure having a gold weather helps.
I only have RNR as my gold weather but it definitely works great with harpooners making sure to keep the enemy units spread out. Sadly I too have added Marigolds Hailstorm to my deck even though I didn't really want to because it's in everyone's deck but with Axe men it's almost an auto include. Gives you so much value with just one card which is something SK is currently lacking compared to the other factions.
 

TheShift

Poser
#8
I can get 3 pirates in the 3rd that are 20+

if that happens I'm doing good.

but it's hard to pull that off all the time
I might give axemen a spin for awhile next
 

partci

Junior Member
#10
Axemen are way more thoughtful and fun to play now, when you have to actually think how you play and what you play. Climbed 4 Ranks to 18 in two days (less than 24 games in total, when I think of it) and keep digging. It is not the greatest deck of them all, but I like it - first time I enjoy playing with a SK deck.

Now, the thing that nobody's running First Light or the Weather Removal cards... I think people are happy that they had a month or so break from the Weather Disaster Meta some while ago. I know how frustrating it is to not be able to keep any points on the board or to can not keep with your opponent's tempo, cause you have to use weather clearing units, while he is buffing his own like crazy. Now it's a bit more fair, but with the Golden Immunity down can be a real pain in the ass again.
 
Last edited:

Shuls02

Poser
#11
The_def_star;n9509161 said:
I only have RNR as my gold weather but it definitely works great with harpooners making sure to keep the enemy units spread out. Sadly I too have added Marigolds Hailstorm to my deck even though I didn't really want to because it's in everyone's deck but with Axe men it's almost an auto include. Gives you so much value with just one card which is something SK is currently lacking compared to the other factions.
The thing with Merigolds Hailstorm is that it actually synergizes with Axeman unlike all the other decks that just run it because its so strong (just like RNR was run at the begining of open beta in 99% of decks). Think of it as a replacement for Coral.
 

The_def_star

Junior Member
#12
Shuls02;n9509451 said:
The thing with Merigolds Hailstorm is that it actually synergizes with Axeman unlike all the other decks that just run it because its so strong (just like RNR was run at the begining of open beta in 99% of decks). Think of it as a replacement for Coral.
I still feel shameful using it :p
 

zecenker

Junior Member
#13
idomyownstunts;n9509261 said:
There's nothing more insufferable than enduring a golden shower from a victorious opponent. GG indeed.
Except having to suffer through a relentless series of all the other weather effects, I suppose?
 

zecenker

Junior Member
#14
The_def_star;n9509491 said:
I still feel shameful using it
I don't. Haven't for a long time. Especially when I am matched against (Level- Rank) 39-11' s or 56 -14's in so called casual game.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
 

ImKingFlippyNips

Junior Member
#15
why is weather spam still a thing?

im so close to jumping the bandwagon.. this is a worst case senario, i havent faced a deck this annoying but im so close to joining the dark side. im sick of having to build my deck around weather.


dagon

3 frost hounds (4 if you use eredin)

abaya

white frost

skellige storm

woodland spirit

caranthir

ragh nar roog

drought


thats 12 weather cards.. why is weather spam still a thing?

not to talk about all the cards that benefit from weather. its too much, i think you should limit the number of weather cards available in a deck or make more cards that can clear weather. even if i focus on making an anti weater deck im still at a disadvantage because i always have to be ready to waste my cards while losing points and im not even sure that i can clear aal the weather even if i want to.


just for fun, what would be the most rediculous weather deck you can make?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DRK3

Junior Member
#17
I have never really faced decks with so much weather cards, because from a certain point, it becomes a waste as you cant have multiple weather effects on a row.

I would say to stick all units on the same row and weather is not so bad, the problem is that's usually exactly what weather spammers want, so they can finish with Hailstorm.
 

RickMelethron

Junior Member
#19
Mnorojo;n9508871 said:
Weather is an in game mechanic. Its there yo be exploited and countered. RNR and Drought can get high value if the opponent has no counter. A Gold should have 15 value. Even sulver weather can easilygwt that. Personally, I find weather annoying, buy then again a lot of Gold cards are.
and this is what we call "bad game design"
 

RickMelethron

Junior Member
#20
ImKingFlippyNips;n9596121 said:
3 frost hounds (4 if you use eredin)
you can only run 3 frosts, so the 4th hound is just a 3str card...

ImKingFlippyNips;n9596121 said:
thats 12 weather cards.. why is weather spam still a thing?
given how weather effects overwrite one another, having a deck full to the brim with weather cards won't get you anywhere. the saving grace of wild hunt is that the deck largely sucks, with the only power-play being jotun into hailstorm (which has nothing to do with weather in the first place)

anyway, we'll have to see which new broken stuff will come from the patch