Golem with a glass jaw?

+
Golem with a glass jaw?

I got this unexpected outcome last night, and I wonder whether this is a known exploit or a bug:On "The Sentry" (TWEE Director's Cut, hard mode), my Geralt was using a sword buffed with a Svarog rune stone (damage and attack +40%, precise hit +5%). The Sentry crumpled on the first strike, and I got the quest update.So does a lucky Precise Hit kill the Sentry on one strike, or is something wrong with this picture?

I have killed the Golem with sword but i never tried the svarog rune stone and never with one hit . I think you may have got real lucky on that one ! You could reload it and try again to see if it happens again just for the sake of curiosity .

If the Sentry really goes down on a precise hit, and the chance of a precise hit is 5% (strong steel, so no other contributions to Precise Hit), then it should take an average of 13 to 14 strikes to bring down the Sentry.I have a save from just before the fight, so I'll post the result.

Please do .I remember the first game in which i tried the Golem before i actually found out about the pylons and what they did . Anyway to make a very short story the Golem kicked my butt very good and very quick not as quick as the pylons but still very quick.

GuyN039wah said:
On "The Sentry" (TWEE Director's Cut, hard mode), my Geralt was using a sword buffed with a Svarog rune stone (damage and attack +40%, precise hit +5%). The Sentry crumpled on the first strike, and I got the quest update.
Wow! I've fought the golem with the sword before, but it's been a long, long fight. Killing it with one blow, that's just astonishing. And on HARD?Yes, please do tell us what happens when you re-try!

Must have been a glitch.4 replays, same conditions, got no critical hits, and it took an average of 235 blows to bring old Stoneface down.If the calculation for critical hits is fair, then that gives a probability of about 3.5 x 10[sup]-10[/sup] that my original result was a genuine critical hit.

I always tend to smash the golem with the sword and a huge amount of potions. Since Aard is absolutly uneffective, I kept casting Igni. And yes, it's a very long fight.Once I tried to beat him with the bolt pillars and I succeded after being lightened twice or more, just like e-ahmet LOL :D

secondchildren said:
Once I tried to beat him with the bolt pillars and I succeded after being lightened twice or more, just like e-ahmet LOL :D
I've done it with the pillars several times, and the thing is, you have to be not just out of the triangle that the pillars create, but WELL out of the triangle. You have to stand fairly far back but still close enough to touch the damned thing. I didn't have trouble doing this in the original edition of the game, but once the EE came out, I got electrocuted until I learned to stand really far outside of the triangle instead of just barely outside.Even with that, though, it's a LOT faster than killing the damned thing with the sword.Thanks for your experiments, Guy! I'm impressed that you fought the golem FOUR TIMES for testing purposes, since that's such a long fight.

I can`t say how many times i was filled with electricity but suffice to say i was really fried ! Like Corylea it took awhile to figure out i needed to be way back . I thought at first it was because the Golem wasn`t inside the triangle but that wasn`t it . Then i thought what in the hell am i doing wrong i`m outside the triangle and the Golem`s inside the triangle but then i did finally hit it right and lived to tell the tale .Thanks Guy for letting us know that you were lucky the 1st time

Corylea said:
...fought the golem FOUR TIMES for testing purposes, since that's such a long fight.
I felt sorry for Geralt after that (the Sentry delivers quite a pounding if he ever misses or doesn't back off quick after his "final attack" move), so I sent him over to Morenn the Dryad for a little R&R.

GuyN039wah said:
I felt sorry for Geralt after that (the Sentry delivers quite a pounding if he ever misses or doesn't back off quick after his "final attack" move), so I sent him over to Morenn the Dryad for a little R&R.
I like the way you think! *smile*

Top Bottom