Golyat - Why would anyone NOT include him in their deck?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I am not an MO player, but if I create any deck, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't add this card? I thought this will definitely get balanced, but apparently it is not. 10 provisions and 10 points seems like an auto-immune. Even if you don't draw the Crones (which eat from hand), you can deploy as the last card and get the best RoI ever in Gwent.

i used it with ghouls. but his deatwish gives your oponents a card ...

Last edited:
Well, when you consume from hand (is this even possible?) or play him as a finisher, he's actually pretty good points per provision. The Question is if you can't find something else for 10 provisions which can give you more value because it has an ongoin effect or enables other plays later down the line.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Isnt Caldwell even better for this? I saw someone suggest it (sorry i dont remember who or where) - consume it from hand so its potential bad effect doesnt happen. And i think Caldwell is even less provisions.

Why would anyone NOT include him in their deck?

Well . . . for one thing, 'according to legend, Golyat had once been a knight who violated his vows, for which he was punished by the Lady of the Lake.'
ladyscold.png

Naughty, naughty.

Guest 4375874

I am not an MO player, but if I create any deck, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't add this card? I thought this will definitely get balanced, but apparently it is not. 10 provisions and 10 points seems like an auto-immune. Even if you don't draw the Crones (which eat from hand), you can deploy as the last card and get the best RoI ever in Gwent.
lol the reason is in the description. I play a deathwish siege deck using Cyclops and I've been able to take advantage of opponents playing this card so I imagine it's easier for others running actual Siege or poison to kill it. Sure you can play him as a last resort if you have card advantage but I've never found him to be that useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summoning an opponents Yghern(doesn't get Armor and kills himself) is also really nice, if you know your opponent has a big finisher Card it's really sometimes worth consuming him, high risk high reward.

There even exist some meme Mill Decks with the plan to trigger his Deathwish multiple times.

Pretty sure ive seen it bug and pull a bronze instead. This can be annoying.
You might have been playing a NG deck. Often Nilfgaardian Knight is their highest card with a 7 body. Their defender starts at 2 body for example.

But I also sometimes trigger his deathwish as others have mentioned to autokill Yghern. Also it is a good consideration in a harmony matchup, taking Great Oaks deploy ability away is always good

Top Bottom