Good/Bad/Changed features/functioning in 1.2

+
OK, thank you, but I still do not get it. Do you mean you can fist fight in the game where you are not suppose to succeed that way? o_O

I played Corpo, so maybe I missed something of relevance, but I watched this:
The bug they fixed was that some players were able to pull out a gun and shoot the thugs instead of bringing out their fisticuffs as intended by the quest, hence the Indiana Jones reference to him gunning down the sabre thug.

EDIT: I'm speaking of course of Pepe Najarro's quest, Raymond Chandler Evening.

go to pacifica farming spot and run from one side to another. I got crash on pc, max settings all the time :) don't go to pacifica. Got maybe couple crashes when i was playing during launch. This one is consistent crash. By consistent crashing in pacifica i mean happens all the time with 1.2...never happened before.
Well I don't know what you are doing. I have more than 140 hours in the game and I had exactly three crashes and for two of them I'm not even sure if it was the game. Maybe check your computer or so because the game is not the problem.
Post automatically merged:

A very poor excuse. It is a game that is trying to simulate a functioning, living city, with crime and therefore police being a large part of that. Police use vehicles.
CP2077 is not GTA. This is a serious game, if you want to play Rambo and blow up cars, go play GTA. There is so much more to do in Night City [...].

Last edited by a moderator:

Great patch at all, the game looks even more stunning and polished than ever on PS5 and we finally reached great optimisation levels on PS4 Pro. Some minor glitches (or compenetrations) are still there, but they're just very minor issues, nothing that couldn't be solved easily just like almost ALL the other bugs! Great Job guys :cool:
-
NOTE: I edited the post 'cause I realised the prevuous one could fit better the Welcome thread.

Last edited:
The game is still boring. Talk to Talk to Takemura....Get in the van....Walk to quest marker...Talk to Wakado...Leave the building....Talk to Takemura....no amount of patches will make this a fun game.

Well I don't know what you are doing. I have more than 140 hours in the game and I had exactly three crashes and for two of them I'm not even sure if it was the game. Maybe check your computer or so because the game is not the problem.
Post automatically merged:

CP2077 is not GTA. This is a serious game, if you want to play Rambo and blow up cars, go play GTA. There is so much more to do in Night City [...].
Don't be so salty about obvious missing development to the police system. Is flawed. Spawning in the face or behind you is not intended by CDPR either. They want to polish that as well and it's obvious, they just need time or redo the whole thing.

[...]
Don't be so salty about obvious missing development to the police system. Is flawed. Spawning in the face or behind you is not intended by CDPR either. They want to polish that as well and it's obvious, they just need time or redo the whole thing.
I just wonder what the hell you are even doing in the game to feel so bothered by this? I haven't been in a single shoot out with the police in the entire game. Why is this non-issue so important to you?

I mean this game offers some of the best if not the best writing, characters and story-teling in video game history ever and all you guys do is complain about silly unimportant mechanics. [...]

On the ps5 I find the graphics are way better for some things..I find that the npcs are better detailed and there is more people around now..game play to me is still the same..maybe a little smoother.

I was happy to be able to use my mods <3 and the graphics look even more amazing! Good job Devs! Driving my bike was easy before, not really seeing a change. I will try some of my vehicles.

From first impressions, game feels better, feels like some areas have new lighting and looks nice. Driving feels mostly the same, really didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Really love the new option to hide potential enemy markers, makes both exploring and combat more immersive.

I really only have two requests:

I don't like the scan showing you the distance away of everything you can see is. This seems like people wanted this so they could know when their range based skills would start being effective, but the way this is implemented is super obtrusive when playing. A lot shouldn't even be shown, like why would I ever want to know how far away a vending machine is, or a piece of gear, for some reason even dead corpses display this info.
There's so many numbers on the screen now, and the text is huge, please let us turn this off, or at least change the size of the text.

I also really don't like how the apartment stash and any trunk stash are shared, apparently this was originally intended. I like to roleplay a little bit, and carry just my pistol, then assess what other weapons I want to bring in my trunk, it makes me feel cool to have to go to my trunk to change weapons, rather than just have instant access to them. I also like to have anything I don't really want to use, but want to keep, in my apartment stash, like my first gun and johnny's gun, a vinyl of never fade away and a postcard of night city, or clothes when I want to roleplay not wearing my v shirt and samurai jacket.
This isn't a huge deal, since I guess I can just stop collecting stuff, and only use the stash for my weapons, I can understand the gameplay design of wanting the player not to lose track of something, but I seriously don't like how it's like resident evil box rules and stuff I put in my apartment is magically in my car.

[...]
I just wonder what the hell you are even doing in the game to feel so bothered by this? I haven't been in a single shoot out with the police in the entire game. Why is this non-issue so important to you?

I mean this game offers some of the best if not the best writing, characters and story-teling in video game history ever and all you guys do is complain about silly unimportant mechanics. [...]
If you enjoy the game so much go play it. You don't have to read our deserved criticism.

[...]

You always jump to conclusions that fast? Where did i mentioned anything about this topic before? Where do i even commented on this subject before that reply?

But just to answer, if it's something irrelevant and unimportant, why CDPR themselves are trying their best to fix it claiming that how this system works is not something intended by them?

From first impressions, game feels better, feels like some areas have new lighting and looks nice. Driving feels mostly the same, really didn't think there was anything wrong with it. Really love the new option to hide potential enemy markers, makes both exploring and combat more immersive.

I really only have two requests:

I don't like the scan showing you the distance away of everything you can see is. This seems like people wanted this so they could know when their range based skills would start being effective, but the way this is implemented is super obtrusive when playing. A lot shouldn't even be shown, like why would I ever want to know how far away a vending machine is, or a piece of gear, for some reason even dead corpses display this info.
There's so many numbers on the screen now, and the text is huge, please let us turn this off, or at least change the size of the text.

I also really don't like how the apartment stash and any trunk stash are shared, apparently this was originally intended. I like to roleplay a little bit, and carry just my pistol, then assess what other weapons I want to bring in my trunk, it makes me feel cool to have to go to my trunk to change weapons, rather than just have instant access to them. I also like to have anything I don't really want to use, but want to keep, in my apartment stash, like my first gun and johnny's gun, a vinyl of never fade away and a postcard of night city, or clothes when I want to roleplay not wearing my v shirt and samurai jacket.
This isn't a huge deal, since I guess I can just stop collecting stuff, and only use the stash for my weapons, I can understand the gameplay design of wanting the player not to lose track of something, but I seriously don't like how it's like resident evil box rules and stuff I put in my apartment is magically in my car.
This distance markers are really disruptive. They added the loot icons to every item and containers/random bodies that contain loot and its showing the distance too. Its really game breaking for me as well, it would be nice to have some turn on/off slider for people who want to use this feature. No idea why they changed it.
I havent checked the stash yet, but if its now shared throughout the different stash boxes and cars its as well lame. I understand for someone its too much effort to go to your stash in apartment if you want to take something that you have only there, but its really game experience breaking.

And playing on what? I ask, because playing on GFN servers and gaming PC (i5-8400, 1070Ti, Full HD, Ultra settings) I had zero crashes on GFN and maybe 2-3 crashes on PC in more as 500 hours played in total, which imo is quite impresive game stability.
In my experience, it's not a matter of how strong one's system is, but instead - how stable it is. The thing was clear all the way back in 1.05 and i have good reasons to think it'll stay for a long time no matter the patches, as it's very core engine's features which, i believe, result in this particular quirk of the game.

For example, folks are able to run the game hundreds hours without crashes on i5 2500K / GT 770 system, provided proper GPU and in-game settings are made and there is no overclocking / instability whatsoever at the hardware level. Where many other titles "can live" / recover from varying bits of say GPU driver instability - CP2077 just does not tolerate any.

Much the same thing is with software, too. If one's system runs something "occasionally demanding" in background - it's already enough to have CP2077 crash now and then. And such things can be both all kinds of software known to the user ("agents", "managers" and other generally useful softwares user may have running) - but also can be bits of software unknown to user (currently running but undetected viruses, root kits, etc).

I never knew the car and apartment stashes were separate before. Maybe they could add a toggle to decide if they are shared or not?
I can see that it breaks some immersion but it is definitely convenient that they're shared too.

Don't suppose anyone has noticed any colour difference in the game since patch?
I'm getting a lot of greens (overall) and the UI has different colour icons than before. Yellow, purple.
Most of it is pretty subtle but occasionally the green tones really upset the eye. The talk with Evelyn at the beginning of the lead up to the heist was particularly affected.
It looks a bit like the colour blind setting when I flip back and forth. (the last colour blind choice in the menu)

If these changes are universal and 'design choices' then fine, I'll live with it. I'm just curious to know if that's the case.

I noticed another fix. Near the Lizzies Bar there's a mural painting. I was standing in the middle of the street and cars were "no joke" swerving around me. Before they would just sit here.

On base PS4 (Slim with SSD) I've noticed performance improvement in busy areas, still not super, but better - Japantown, Kabuki, etc.

Seeing and hearing elements not present before, advertisments as well as voice lines - there are a couple from Jackie in The Heist that I have never heard before (prior to entering the elevator to reach Yorinobu's suite).

I am able to loot Saburo's datapad from his AV now (was never able to previously).

Improved asset streaming: for example previously even with an SSD the Hella that you see V buy with Jackie in the montage the texture/model would take .5 sec to pop in correctly, now it's immediate.

The mirror actually cracks when V punches it in the No-Tell Motel!

New icon graphics for grenades/consumables, new audio for crafting, breaking down items.

Clothing / weapon vendors selling more varied, appropriate stock.

Legendary Monowire has been removed from the garage near the store in the Gig Shark In The Water.

Current playtime since patch is at about 13 hours, still yet to experience a crash (shit, I've jinxed it now...)

Top Bottom