Good Games made into Bad Movies/Good Movies made in to bad game.

+
And what is wrong with D&D ?
honestly nothing I just couldn't believe that someone would of mentioned it, cause it was so badly done as a 89min F*************** so I'm bad "dyslexic" didn't you know verbal wittings just as badDungeon masters supreme

Oh I see well your not the only one that dyslexic I'm one too ;)Yes when they said ed that D@D movie was going to come out I was looking forward in seeing it and after seeing it wanted to kill the ppl that made it it was such a let down And I go way back to the D@D days when it was a new idea LOL so you can tell how I felt. That why that my Number one bad game movie :evil:

know what? Watching D&D made me thinking: 'where the hell did I see a crap like that?'. It took me a while but I finally got it. Its a Power Rangers reap off! It is! Same acting, same rubber monsters, same rubber swords and axes and 'sparkly' magic. Man, it's such a disgrace....Best regards to all D&D lovers.VP.S.In Poland we have a paper version of the Witcher. Great system. Many joyful hours spent on playing.

Vladerik said:
Unfortunately, the director of Silent Hill 2 is still unknown so lets just pray it won't be Uwe. Did I mention that i Hate Uwe?
OMG!Anybody but not Uwe!!!He ruins every name that he gets the copyrights for with his movies!Even a 12 years old kid will make it better.

Vladerik said:
In Poland we have a paper version of the Witcher. Great system. Many joyful hours spent on playing.
It could've been better if the creators weren't reminding you about "storytelling and avoiding die rolls" on just about every page... But yeah, glorious memories... My rulebook's still not moved to the attic, and that IS an achievement.Hokay, for me, great game/bad movie would be "Tomb Raider". I'm a fan of TR. Enjoyed even the worst installments of the series. The movie... Jolie as Lara - bad choice. Story - crappity.Great movie/bad game - I guess "LOTR: The Return of the King". Oh, and one more: "Platoon". One of my very favourite movies made into an awful sort-of-RTW.And may I remind you that while the movie "E.T." is one of the most popular ever made, the game based on it is consistently ranked among the worst ever.But there's some good stuff, too - LucasArts' "Indiana Jones" adventure games had the wit of the movies, besides being great representatives of the genre. Proves you actually can make a great game out of a great movie ;)

And may I remind you that while the movie "E.T." is one of the most popular ever made, the game based on it is consistently ranked among the worst ever.
Oh God Yes I think that was the first hack job movie to game ever made even back then when graphic where not as good as today it was still bad

RykNiedwiedzia said:
But there's some good stuff, too - LucasArts' "Indiana Jones" adventure games had the wit of the movies, besides being great representatives of the genre. Proves you actually can make a great game out of a great movie ;)
OMG, you remember those old point n' click adventure games? Loved the Fate of Atlantis, oh, and the Last Crusade. Both briliant. Good old memories. Cheers Ryk! :beer:

movieIn the name of the king-A dungeon siege taleanother uwe boll film taken from dungeon siege game,,, just below average..really wouldn't brag about it though...

I wondered about dungeon siege ... the posters certainly made no secret that it was based on some sort of dungeon crawler (if the title wasn't enough of a clue!)thanks for saving me time / money :) -- i'll wait for it to appear for free in tv ... then possibly ... if i'm desperate for something to do ...

I've noticed that nobody has sed anything about a "great" title: Beowulf.I saw the movie first,and after that I saw the Witcher intro.I'm wondering how can a game intro have a better quality than a movie ???Then I looked at The Cathedral made by Tomek Baginski and I understood how ;DAbout the game i'ts no need to talk because,in my opinion is a crap.

Not sick of playing The Witcher, I'm already looking for a new game, A.D.D very hard to control, played TW 3 times already.but I'll come back to it

Wolfenschfung said:
I've noticed that nobody has sed anything about a "great" title: Beowulf.I saw the movie first,and after that I saw the Witcher intro.I'm wondering how can a game intro have a better quality than a movie ???Then I looked at The Cathedral made by Tomek Baginski and I understood how ;DAbout the game i'ts no need to talk because,in my opinion is a crap.
Baginski's animations are really good, 110% worth watching :)

Okay games that have been turned into films that I love to hate are the Resident Evil Films and Silent Hill. I love the Cinematography and i love the films themselves but being a fan of the games I hate them for what the original games were. I do think that all four films listed here are great and I watch 'em again and again but compared to the games... I dunno! I love to hate 'em. :evil:

Street Fighter /game good at the time/ film blows big timeSilent Hill / game good / film goodResident Evil / game good / film goodAlone In The Dark / game good / film suckedDoom / game good / film, a bit of a let down for true fans--------------------------------------------------------------------Off the top of my head that's it for me....... ;D

Top Bottom