Good Games made into Bad Movies/Good Movies made in to bad game.

+
I will say this for doom though, when it went to the FPS camera I thought wow this has never been done before and looks pretty cool, it was a let down though. ;)

Depending on what your definition of "never before" I suppose the FPS camera in Doom might be considered original :) From my perspective is is a relatively common technique most often used in Horror and Suspense genres since times immemorial. The First Person Slasher cam is almost overused even in TV series. As for Good/Bad Game/Movie suggestions I would forward 'The Blair Witch Project' and the three pretty decent games made. Personally I love BWP but I know a lot of people did not. There is even a connection to BloodRayne to be found./Dan

I meant never before because it looked more like a game than a film for a small part. I just thought of another two good games into films as well, dead or alive and mortal combat. Loved the games hated the films.

Personally, I like the first two Resident Evil movies, Fatal Fury animated, as much as I hate DoA games I really liked the movie, the first Mortal Kombat, Hitman and Silent Hill. I even liked the first Tomb Raider and Doom. Oh, and Dungeon Siege, never played any, but I liked the movie.As for bad game-to-movie conversions... Super Mario (who the hell even thought that was a good idea?), Street Fighter (Van Damme as Guile? that's just wrong!) Double Dragon (ew), House of the Dead (double ew)... could probably think of a few more, but those were the proverbial suck. :-\For movies turned games, well, there are so many of them that I don't know where to begin. But I really REALLY like Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox), I highly recommend it. Kung Fu Panda on the DS was suprisingly entertaining. Enchanted, also for DS, wasn't a bad game for kids either. TMNT on X360 was pretty good. Over the Hedge was decent on DS, better on Xbox. Oh yeah and before I forget, there were two old games that I used to play a lot, over 10 years ago: Stargate and Aladdin both for Game Gear. :DEragon was lame. Alien vs Predator: Requiem for PSP was um, yeah... Hated the movie, could barely see most of it anyway, the game was a little better but not by much. Oh, and those High School Musical games? Forget it! I recently played the second one for the DS, and had to FORCE myself to sit and play it for more than 10 minutes at a time. GAH! I also have Bourne Conspiracy here to play still, I guess I'll be posting again soon regarding that one hehe.

blakafrika said:
I meant never before because it looked more like a game than a film for a small part. I just thought of another two good games into films as well, dead or alive and mortal combat. Loved the games hated the films.
Dead or Alive I have yet to see.Mortal combat was a great film, but the sequel was a big bag of poo, with the stench of bad acting and bad directing, the animality was totally pointless, the camera angles in film were all wrong and the whole Mortal Combat concept was thrown out the window for a cheep looking movie. But the first one with Christopher Lambert ROCKED.... :evil:

I forgot there were two films I was thinking of the second one as the crappy one. The first one was prettty good, although I haven't seen it years, it's like it disappeared from existence. :D

Don't know if anyone else has try ed this one.One Movie game I forgot to add was the Chronicles of Reddick (Escape for Buchers Bay)I myself enjoyed playing the game I think what made the game good was the game took place in between the first movie and the last ;)

blakafrika said:
I forgot there were two films I was thinking of the second one as the crappy one. The first one was prettty good, although I haven't seen it years, it's like it disappeared from existence. :D
I know, it's vanished... ??? The sound track was hard enough to track down, I think it's been deleted from records. It could have been such a big cult following, damn shame they didn't take more time on the sequel.@SEEKERI cant say I have played the Chronicles Of Reddick or Riddick, I cant remember now :)

@ KarmaraptureI dont think they make it anymore took us a while to find a copy of the game off ebay I think.

well you mite get lucky Karmarapture think we payed 20$ for it counting shipping there always selling old game on EBay just a matter of timing ;)

Catwoman - Bad Game / Worse MovieWing Commander - Enough Said - Great Games, awful awful and I do mean awful movie.Batman has spawned alot of games - some not so good and others that were decent. X-Men - Anyone remember the original Nintendo game The X-Men. It was one of the worse games ever made.E.T. For Atari - Great movie / The game that ended it for Atari Chronicles of Riddick - Escape from Butcher Block was actually a good game.The Matrix - The first movie was great, the sequels were awful. I pretend they don't even exist. Enter the Matrix was a ok game but you don't get to play any important characters : ( The Matrix Online - I have never played it so I can't say if it's good or bad but it's not a very successful mmo. The Path of Neo was a great game. Indiana Jones for Atari - Did anyone ever figure out how to play this game???Bloodrayne - Ok game / Horrible MovieHome Alone - Let's face it - These games were made for one purpose. To milk the success of the movie. The games were all rubbish. It's not even a good idea.Star Wars games - hit and miss. Some great, some not so great.I can't seem to think of anymore atm. Except for a bunch of Atari games based on movies and Cartoons and they were pretty much all bad - He-Man, The Smurfs, etc....

Top Bottom