Good job CDPR

+
Hi. I don't really know where can I post some feedback for developers, so I post it here. If it's incorrect, I think moderation team will move it in a right place.

I want to say Thank You for all people who worked at CB2077. This game has a lot of issues, but this doesn't deserve all of these shitstorms in web. Story part is great, open-world-exploration part is "meh" often, but it does not interfere with playing. And I think most of issues will be fixed. The only thing I really miss right now is the Gwent analog.

I want to support those who have been working on the game all this time and continue to persistently fix bugs now. Do not succumb to the screams of hysterics and hypo-eaters. You made a good game, but with a problem start. I hope that you can overcome these problems, that they will not knock you down and you will continue to delight us with great games. There are not so many really good games in the AAA segment now, and not handicrafts with dull gameplay and a bunch of microtransactions, covered with modern graphics and trending mechanics that do not work at the same time. I don't know if someone from the development team will see this message, but I would like them to know that they are great fellows and gamers who play games for themselves and know how to draw conclusions for themselves, and do not rely on twitter posting, they love cyberpunk and are ready to support you.

Kind regards,
just a lover of good games.

Hi. I don't really know where can I post some feedback for developers, so I post it here. If it's incorrect, I think moderation team will move it in a right place.

I want to say Thank You for all people who worked at CB2077. This game has a lot of issues, but this doesn't deserve all of these shitstorms in web. Story part is great, open-world-exploration part is "meh" often, but it does not interfere with playing. And I think most of issues will be fixed. The only thing I really miss right now is the Gwent analog.

I want to support those who have been working on the game all this time and continue to persistently fix bugs now. Do not succumb to the screams of hysterics and hypo-eaters. You made a good game, but with a problem start. I hope that you can overcome these problems, that they will not knock you down and you will continue to delight us with great games. There are not so many really good games in the AAA segment now, and not handicrafts with dull gameplay and a bunch of microtransactions, covered with modern graphics and trending mechanics that do not work at the same time. I don't know if someone from the development team will see this message, but I would like them to know that they are great fellows and gamers who play games for themselves and know how to draw conclusions for themselves, and do not rely on twitter posting, they love cyberpunk and are ready to support you.

Kind regards,

I think you might be moved by the mods to either:

Or:

Although I feel your thread can stand on its own going forwards equally as good. Do check those 2 threads you will find many like minded people!

Last edited:
Do not succumb to the screams of hysterics and hypo-eaters.

But seriously - you, like so many others, seem to confuse hate (or similar emotions) with criticism.

Kind regards,

They're a big company now with hundreds of millions of dollars being thrown around.

Dude, if they wanted our respect and admiration they would have released it when it was done. They would have told us the truth and not lied to us that it was done and they were polishing it. They would have forgone console release because of how unstable it was.

They wanted those sweet console sales, they wanted the Christmas sales. Who cares if it barely runs, let's tell them it runs surprisingly well! They did and said what they had to in order to get them. The only thing that matters is money, and you can tell by the behavior.

Don't feel bad for them. They made a lot of money. A crazy amount of money. They're in the big leagues now, and we all know how it goes now. The shitstorms are deserved.

The developers are just doing their jobs, they're professionals, and get no hate thrown at them. They got a raw deal with their crunch, everyone knows it. That's just how it is when you're just part of a big machine, which CDPR seems intent on becoming. There's some greatness in the game, because of the devs and inspite of everything else.

Last edited:
If you were talking about Naughty Dog and the situation with TLOU2, I might agree with you. People trashed it because they hated some of the narrative choices, and decisions made about its main characters, and the heavy-handed political undertones.

But, graphically, cinematically, & technically, the game was masterfully crafted, and functioned pretty much perfectly. Sure, the gameplay mechanics weren't innovative, but they all worked as designed, and no one had any problems experiencing the game as it was intended to be experienced. People don't give it enough credit for the things it did well, because of their strong subjective opinions about what it did wrong.

But, CP2077 on the other hand, has a plethora of problems that people can objectively agree are in fact problems. Technical issues & Immersion-breaking issues that sometimes affect progression, and overall hurt the player's experience. We may disagree on how greatly these problems affected our enjoyment, but we can still agree that these problems exist.

I mean, this game could have been an 8.5 or higher for me if it simply functioned the way it was designed to. But, because it doesn't, my rating is more like a 7, at best. This isn't because it's not a good game at its core - it's because CDPR didn't perform its due diligence to ensure that I as the player could experience what they put out the way it was supposed to be experienced.

And the thing is, they PROMISED they would - it was their motto. They set the expectation, and actually could have delivered on it if they stuck to it. So, yes... they do in fact deserve the criticism, because the vast majority of the complaints are not subjective - they're factual.

I agree with criticism. I disagree with shitstorm that follow after good criticism. A lot of people post their rage not because the game is so bad, but because it's trendy. I agree that the game has a lot of problems. And that the CDPR should take responsibility for them. But the players must also remain adequate. From what I see on the net, about 30% is adequate criticism of the case, and 70% is just hate and whining. I don't like that. Do people think that this way they will make the situation better?

I agree with criticism. I disagree with shitstorm that follow after good criticism. A lot of people post their rage not because the game is so bad, but because it's trendy. I agree that the game has a lot of problems. And that the CDPR should take responsibility for them. But the players must also remain adequate. From what I see on the net, about 30% is adequate criticism of the case, and 70% is just hate and whining. I don't like that. Do people think that this way they will make the situation better?

Like it or not, it does, because the company can't simply ignore hate or censor it away when it's overwhelming. I don't personally hate the game, so I don't write hateful things, that would be disingenuous.

But, graphically, cinematically, & technically, the game was masterfully crafted, and functioned pretty much perfectly. Sure, the gameplay mechanics weren't innovative, but they all worked as designed, and no one had any problems experiencing the game as it was intended to be experienced. People don't give it enough credit for the things it did well, because of their strong subjective opinions about what it did wrong.
Just to put this into some context, because I think an important part of it was lost in your post. Naughty Dog also used misleading marketing. What people assumed would be scenes with certain characters ended up being mere flashbacks. Now, that alone isn't TOO bad, but said character in the trailers was "aged" properly indicating the passage of time (i.e. present moment) where in the game they were young (i.e. flashback). Then there was the whole DMCA abuse by Naughty Dog when the story got leaked. Now - taking down content containing the actual leaked materials is totally fine and ND was completely in their right to go after that. But they didn't stop there and went after people / channels that DISCUSSED the content, which was clear abuse.

To that end CDPR did something similar - advertise one thing, deliver another. And while bugs and performance issues are a blatantly obvious problems the game has (and I'm fairly confident CDPR will do their darnest to fix those - they DO want the game to be available on the PS after all), there's a myriad of extremely poorly implemented features and clearly cut content that was advertised in the recent marketing materials. Like you can find tram stations still in the world map, with functioning doors... or animations for getting in / out of flying vehicles that were left in. Not to mention the extremely basic AI and the very linear story where the players actions have next to no consequences...

Just to put this into some context, because I think an important part of it was lost in your post. Naughty Dog also used misleading marketing. What people assumed would be scenes with certain characters ended up being mere flashbacks. Now, that alone isn't TOO bad, but said character in the trailers was "aged" properly indicating the passage of time (i.e. present moment) where in the game they were young (i.e. flashback). Then there was the whole DMCA abuse by Naughty Dog when the story got leaked. Now - taking down content containing the actual leaked materials is totally fine and ND was completely in their right to go after that. But they didn't stop there and went after people / channels that DISCUSSED the content, which was clear abuse.

I can't disagree with this. Naughty Dog definitely engaged in activities surrounding that game worthy of backlash. But, suppose you had no knowledge of ND's shenanigans outside of the game, and no preconceived notions about the story or what was supposed to happen to the characters, etc... at the end of the day, they delivered a game that was technically well-crafted, and functioned as designed, even if you didn't enjoy the story.

CDPR delivered a broken game. You could have no knowledge about what features were promised beforehand, or even know the company's history, previous triumphs, or what quality of work they were known for, but still play the game for less than an hour and come to the conclusion that it wasn't working as intended. On that notion, they failed on the most basic level, and thus don't really deserve a pat on the back and "good job".

I'm just saying - judging the two games strictly on gameplay experience, the backlash to CP2077 can be understood in a vacuum, simply by playing it, while the backlash for TLOU2 requires some outside context to understand the controversy.

CDPR delivered a broken game. You could have no knowledge about what features were promised beforehand, or even know the company's history, previous triumphs, or what quality of work they were known for, but still play the game for less than an hour and come to the conclusion that it wasn't working as intended. On that notion, they failed on the most basic level, and thus don't really deserve a pat on the back and "good job".
While I understand what you're trying to say, everybody has different experiences & tolerances... One person may experience 9/10 common issues in the game, one person may experience 3/10, one may experience 0/10. Another may experience 7/10 & only care about 2/10.

So the notion that you can "play the game for less than an hour and come to the conclusion that it wasn't working as intended" is a subjective idea. While it still needs work... It still works as intended.

Personally, CDPR ain't getting a pat on the back from me. Not surprising. But if somebody else believes they do deserve a pat on the back & thoroughly enjoyed the game, who are you to invalidate their belief?

Last edited:
We all know that cyberpunk 2077 was falsely marketed and claimed many things that we did not see in the release..
now thanks too the huge reputation CDPR has they have more support then most other companies who released broken games & falsely advertised games..

Honestly cyberpunk is one of the most disappointing releases in gaming history, in which many thought Cyberpunk 2077 would be the best game in gaming history... even now there are players who call this game a masterpiece or blatantly lying that "i had no bugs or issues at all"

If you have forgotten all the features that CDPR said would be in the game, well simply search all of cyberpunk 2077 early gameplay footages and community Q&A's with CDPR in where they confirm features.. perhaps those features would have been reality if the game was not released too early.. All of the management fault right? for me i can't just blame them, i have too partly blame CDPR devs as well for not standing up against their own publisher board when they decided too release the game way too early.. CDPR devs refused too say anything too the community & refused too stand up against the decision that was made.. I can't find any excuse that would justify the silent of CDPR too the community when the decision was made too release the game "unfinished"

I do have hopes that the game will be fixed & features can be added... after a good 6-12 months we will see the extend of CDPR capabilities on how they will try & fix Cyberpunk 2077 and also their statements about "how it will go from now on" which i expect we will get after the 2 large patches January & February will be released..

kind regards
VK

This forum has an extremely negative tone in general, and from recent personal experience in it, I suspect that most comments defending the game or answering to the critical spam are being erased by the mods... while the negative comments themselves are, on the contrary, allowed to grow out of proportion. Extreme negativity by some very vocal individuals has hijacked this forum.

I'd like to warn you that things are not as bad as they seem. The commentary you find here conveys a very distorted image about how this game was truly received by the gamer community. I'll only say this thing: just compare the mood on this place with the Steam forums. There, just like the OP, most people seem to be cheerful, positive, wholly enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 instead of the sheer hate that there is here on display. Why? Its very simple, in my opinion: Because the Steam forums is the place where the people who're actually playing the game go to discuss it.

This forum has an extremely negative tone in general, and from recent personal experience in it, I suspect that most comments defending the game or answering to the critical spam are being erased by the mods... while the negative comments themselves are, on the contrary, allowed to grow out of proportion. Extreme negativity by some very vocal individuals has hijacked this forum.

I'd like to warn you that things are not as bad as they seem. The commentary you find here conveys a very distorted image about how this game was truly received by the gamer community. I'll only say this thing: just compare the mood on this place with the Steam forums. There, just like the OP, most people seem to be cheerful, positive, wholly enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 instead of the sheer hate that there is here on display. Why? Its very simple, in my opinion: Because the Steam forums is the place where the people who're actually playing the game go to discuss it.

I don't know where you get those odd claims from.. but of what i have seen here mods are checking this forum equally they do remove comments if it breaks the rules.. they do not remove random comment that "only defend the game"
What we do see here often in this forum are the "in denial people" who cannot accept any criticism towards the game even if we say facts they will deny it... If you don't notice, the steam "positive reviews" are mostly BS majority of them is not about the game but are about meme's, jokes & most of them are pre-hype reviews the moment the game was released people wrote positive reviews instantly.. or people who play first 5 minutes... and of course majority are not gonna bother changing their review after they see the mess .. maybe they are those who have hopes the game can be fixed completely who knows.

But seriously - you, like so many others, seem to confuse hate (or similar emotions) with criticism.
western culture's free speech and emotion has been sanitized. any reaction or speech that doesn't fall into a narrow band of neutrality is shunned by all media, tech, and academic institutions. The only thing you are allowed to be passionate about is the disenfranchisement of minority people--just not the ones China harvests the organs of though!

What we do see here often in this forum are the "in denial people" who cannot accept any criticism towards the game

Of course they're "in denial" of any and all problems, and only played this, the supposedly WORSE GAME OF ALL TIME only five minutes before writing a review (only positive opinions can be hasty and unsubstantiated). On the other hand... I can't say what I think the people spamming the forum, with the same negative claims, are in denial of (their claims and whining we have read over and over again no matter the subject of the post). If I were to write an opinion about that behavior, the comment gets swiftly reported and deleted. I just did, and it happened. No abusive language used. No wonder the whole forum has a biased tone.

Of course they're "in denial" of any and all problems, and only played this, the supposedly WORSE GAME OF ALL TIME only five minutes before writing a review (only positive opinions can be hasty and unsubstantiated). On the other hand... I can't say what I think the people spamming the forum, with the same negative claims, are in denial of (their claims and whining we have read over and over again no matter the subject of the post). If I were to write an opinion about that behavior, the comment gets swiftly reported and deleted. I just did, and it happened. No abusive language used. No wonder the whole forum has a biased tone.

The only reason your replies gets deleted must be the way you write about "their behavior" is perhaps against the rules.. So what you should do is read the "Forum regulations" again. just because you see it over & over doesn't mean you can target those players who write critics that you seen before even if its just hate... of course that one has its limits and are taken care of if they cross the line.. You must keep your cool even if you see 100 of same critics.. just reply while staying on the topic.. its one of the basic rules of Forums tbh.

The only reason your replies gets deleted must be the way you write about "their behavior" is perhaps against the rules..

My central point, though, is that neither this forum or the Youtube commentary are representative of player opinions as a whole, regardless of the moderation being fair or not. I guess console players have legitimate reasons to be angry with the studio, because of a bad launch... but the exaggeration, hyperbole and plain negativity about everything that Cyberpunk 2077 is, just doesn't depict the entirety of its gameplay or features. Even less so, when we know full well that the bugs are being actively fixed, and there is likely much more content to be added in the future.

One thing is valid criticism. Another, plain exaggeration and dishonesty, like talking about some problems in the game but taking them entirely out of context or making them central to the core of the game. This is very unfair to devs... and strange too, that in Steam, actual gamers are much more positive about the game.

In fact, we could wonder if the most vocal negative people are composed 100% of outspoken gamers... or there is also something different. For all we know, there could also be covert Rockstar employees, to make an example, trying to manipulate social media in the middle of this noise. Frankly, in many discussions about CP2077, there seems to me like there is people with a overt fixation with the GTA series. Sometimes they seem more interested in doing marketing for that series, instead of discussing this game on its own merits.

Top Bottom