Goodbye, Damien Monnier, and Thank You!

+
Goodbye, Damien Monnier, and Thank You!

All of a sudden, the Gwent Lead Designer, Damien Monnier has left CD Projekt RED and that just makes me sad... He was part of the duo that designed the original Gwent in Witcher 3 and I still remember him explaining how the Witcher 3 mini-game was originally outsourced but wasn't up to standard and they wanted to do better, hence Gwent was created and a non-traditional card game was born... Goodbye, Mr. Monnier! And thank you for everything!

Damien Monnier! You Will Be Sorely Missed!

When I read the tweet that you, Damien Monnier, was leaving CD Projekt Red, I couldn't believe it! You were one of the most entertaining, fun & cool people at CDPR! A lot of the guys & girls on your team are cool, but you were a 12 str, special, loyal. You worked on Witcher 3, co-created the original Gwent and worked on Gwent: TWCG. You have mine & so many others respect in the community. I was just chatting on the Gwent Discord server and almost everyone lament your departure from CDPR. We respect your decision, but I - for one - am truly sad to see you go! So many memories from the promotional stuff for both Witcher 3 & Gwent had you at the forefront. I believe everyone is sad we won't get that again :/

I'm not worried that you leaving is some kind of bad omen, I'm just going to miss you. I hope you find a better company (don't take this wrong, but you won't ;) ) and that you are doing well.

I hope to meet you in a friendly game of Gwent someday when it releases (or perhaps earlier).

Thank you for everything & good luck in all your future endeavors,
wrangman

Last edited:
yes! I was just posting my thread about this! it's just so saaaaad! :/ good bye mr. monnier. You will be missed!

No Title

disturbing news. please, don't mess up the game.

Attachments

• photo75700.gif
    photo75700.gif
    87.1 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom