Gorilla arms don't bypass the body level requirement to force open doors

+
I was under the impression that I can bypass the body level requirement to force open doors based on the arms' description, but I was wrong.

Not sure If I just misunderstood the description or If It's the dev's oversight.

Update#1: It also wouldn't pull out turrets as described.

Last edited:
Hopefully an oversight of the devs or bug. Otherwise the Gorilla-Arms would be pretty lame. Only got them to open those pesky doors and if thats to gamebreaking how about lhem reduce the requirement depending on the quality of the arms?

I wish I had known this 30 minutes ago. I mean, the damage boost is nice, but I literally just got to the point where guns were getting better than my melee and now I've dropped a bunch of eddies on these arms that are still worse than the latest shotgun I've picked up. Not only that, but apparently they don't let you force open locked doors as the description states. Still being taunted by the dozens of locked doors as I run around trying to get my Athletics score to go from 2 to 3.

Keep in mind they help you ALOT with melee, and melee is the easiest way to take down enemies without killing them, which will be requested once in a while both in sidequests and MQ.

As for Strtength requirements - a bug, most certainly.

Last edited:
Ya super confused the shit out of me. I thought the whole reason to get them was for the strength aspect they presented. Pretty confused when it still asked me about my own BODY attribute.

Keep in mind they help you ALOT with melee, and melee is the easiest way to take down enemies without killing them, which will be requested once in a while both in sidequests and MQ.

As for Strtength requirements - a bug, most certainly.

I can't even beat the first fist challenge with my 3 body no blunt damage characters on hard-very hard. Does the gorilla arms help circumvent that? As in - can I just buy gorilla arms to finish the unarmed quests?

all those arms , gorilla, mantis, monowire and firearm are just melee weapons, they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms ? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice

I thought they opened doors too, as advertised in the second demo. So I bought them...sigh. Oh well, guess I'll try nano wires or are they only wips now and not used for hacking...

I thought they opened doors too, as advertised in the second demo. So I bought them...sigh. Oh well, guess I'll try nano wires or are they only wips now and not used for hacking...

they are just melee with extended range, no additional tricks everything been cut from final release

Same here, although I will point out the description doesn't say it would bypass strength requirements, it said it would let you open locked doors whatever that means.

all those arms , gorilla, mantis, monowire and firearm are just melee weapons, they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms ? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice
You mean like the mantis blades giving you quick ways to get a stealth kill? They should all have something extra to them I agree

Yeah, the point was that each arm type was supposed to have its own in game function.
Gorilla arms were supposed to let you do super strength things like prying doors open or ripping off turrets.
Mantis arms were supposed to let you cling to walls.
Monowire was supposed to be a lethal mid ranged attack that could do stealth kills.

In the end, they're all just another melee weapon, which are pretty weak compared to ACTUAL melee weapons you can get that do massive damage and can one shot enemies.

they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice
I'm not making it up tho, it's literally written in the description. I agree with the rest tho.

Yeah, the point was that each arm type was supposed to have its own in game function.

Now, I wonder If it's just a bug or just another feature that they've removed.

Monowire is mid ranged,doesnt break stealth when used correctly.

But i personally believe all cyberware arms are build defining, unless you have a clear plan for these limbs and plan on bulding around them, DO NOT USE THEM.

I was under the impression that I can bypass the body level requirement to force open doors based on the arms' description, but I was wrong.

Not sure If I just misunderstood the description or If It's the dev's oversight.

Update#1: It also wouldn't pull out turrets as described.

Cut feature... like the wall running from the mentis blades and hacking no hackable things with the monowire... Would love to see those features back..

this is the only reason I got the arms. my build is sniper builder hacker, body 10, reflex 16, tech 18, int 16, cool 11. need the body 10 for some cyberware, and then all tech weapons. shotting through ANYTHING, not just walls, is badass.

this is the only reason I got the arms. my build is sniper builder hacker, body 10, reflex 16, tech 18, int 16, cool 11. need the body 10 for some cyberware, and then all tech weapons. shotting through ANYTHING, not just walls, is badass.

Yeah they just decided to balance the game around stats, brute force doors are strength, overriding doors are intelligence and lockpicking is tech. There are very few doors that can only be opened by 1 method.

Top Bottom