Gorilla arms don't bypass the body level requirement to force open doors

+
Yeah they just decided to balance the game around stats, brute force doors are strength, overriding doors are intelligence and lockpicking is tech. There are very few doors that can only be opened by 1 method.
Which is dumb. Each arm was to have unique flavor. Mantis climb walls (they still got the cool kill), monowire still has stealth kills, project shooter is 10000% OP as the tranq shot KOs everything 100% allowing you to walk up and one shot kill it all. I hope they fix this with their 'full' version in feb.
I mean the fact alone you cant change your face after starting the game, in a world where anyone can be anything, is dumb.
Post automatically merged:

Well they didn't remove all the gorilla arms bypassing body checks. Just found a fence with body 12 needed and the gorilla arms ripping it off. So maybe they will see their mistake and add doors back to the game. It IS Cyberpunk after all.

Also, for the love of god, ADD the ability to change your look. Not having this is so NOT Cyberpunk, especially when I've found over a dozen letters where someone is telling someone else they are running, or to run, and "get a new faceplate." :/

Last edited:
Considering it staright up says in the description they can open doors and remove turrets it definitely seems like an oversight. Considering how much of the game isnt finished (keeping hair face and hat unrendered in the world and only showing in mirrors etc) i figured it was this

If the Gorilla Arms cannot open the doors, then hopefully that will indeed be fixed somewhat soonish.
otherwise, one can hope that the modders can fix something up.

Now, I wonder If it's just a bug or just another feature that they've removed.

I'd put money on the latter. If I were to guess, I'd bet that they rejigged the gameplay at some point but references to the original intentions are still there. It might have even happened fairly recently.

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened with a game. Take LA Noire, for example: they altered the interrogation system fairly late in the day IIRC, and that's why some of Phelps's dialogue seems wildly inappropriate for the option you select.

Early Act 2 and did any kind of sidemission do achieve over 100k after 50h Playtime to buy the damn legendary Gorilla Arms. I was so happy to be able to buy them. Yeah same reason, no constitution and love the animation from the trailer.
Now there we are and no answer from CD Projekt? Not even a commentary if it is a wrong/old description or it will come like mentioned!
After 50h playtime my motivation drops nearly to zero until we get a answer.

Surprising that I have high int and high tech skills, but no body skills and I have found MANY such unopenable doors I could open with body stat.
And you've probably found an equal amount of doors that are tech level 20 that can't be opened with strength.

Sometimes you can get in, sometimes you can't, sometimes you can get in via an alternate route.

You know this is the equivalent of saying I put no points in lock picking and I can't open the master locks.

They changed gorilla arms from being the way to open doors to just being fist weapons, and having your attributes determine if you vns brute force the door.

And you've probably found an equal amount of doors that are tech level 20 that can't be opened with strength.
That's all then. I was responding to "very few door that can be opened with one way only.
I don't "hate" the game, and I acknowledged that they would have to provide high body locks and high tech locks. But you argue that they provided the vast majority of locks with multiple ways to open. And it's not the case.

That's all then. I was responding to "very few door that can be opened with one way only.
I don't "hate" the game, and I acknowledged that they would have to provide high body locks and high tech locks. But you argue that they provided the vast majority of locks with multiple ways to open. And it's not the case.
My framing shouldve been, very few routes only have one way in. sorry.

Keep in mind they help you ALOT with melee, and melee is the easiest way to take down enemies without killing them, which will be requested once in a while both in sidequests and MQ.

As for Strtength requirements - a bug, most certainly.
Well, I'd argue that target analysis mod is easier because it makes (all/any) attacks non lethal. You can shoot someone in the head and they just go night-night.

all those arms , gorilla, mantis, monowire and firearm are just melee weapons, they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms ? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice
But that's not some lose wish we made up; the gorilla arms are described in the shop description to open doors and so on. If that's sales puffing it should be marked as such, so we know what we're actually buying.

Well, I'd argue that target analysis mod is easier because it makes (all/any) attacks non lethal. You can shoot someone in the head and they just go night-night.

You only need to be non-lethal towards a few enemies, so I prefer just plopping in a PAX mod to one weapon (big damage sniper rifle) and using that particular weapon when necessary.

It's metaphorical guys, geeze...

when you wear the gorilla arms it "opens doors" for you, like being able to brawl successfully. Now you can be your very own version of CyberJakePaul.

The arms seem to also have a lot of visual bugs as well. Changing elements does not seem to fully work, as the arms will alternate back and forth between the new color scheme and its default ones. I've also noticed that it seems to discolor your right arm, at least for female V.

Yeah, the point was that each arm type was supposed to have its own in game function.
Gorilla arms were supposed to let you do super strength things like prying doors open or ripping off turrets.
Mantis arms were supposed to let you cling to walls.
Monowire was supposed to be a lethal mid ranged attack that could do stealth kills.

In the end, they're all just another melee weapon, which are pretty weak compared to ACTUAL melee weapons you can get that do massive damage and can one shot enemies.

Ugh, that explains the complete lack of balance, they broke the game to remove features to release it on time for the managers, lovely.

all those arms , gorilla, mantis, monowire and firearm are just melee weapons, they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms ? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice

The thing is: they SHOULD grant additional abilities because they are cyberware. Just a game design thing. There should be something tangible that made then different from standard baseball bat.

What a mess. :sad:

It's like when that door to door salesman come to propose you this awesome stuff that allow you to do what you are already doing without it.

Basically gorilla's arms description is inducing the idea that it should bypass strenght requirement since their would be no point to highlight a feature that you already have without them.

If it's cut, fine, but at least don't keep the text in the description making people waste their eddies and end up in sticky situations :giveup:

If it's to be added at a later date... Then I guess it makes sense to just add the feature and keep the description rather than going back and forth unnecessarily:beer:

Screenshot attached of the description which currently quite clearly states "Gorilla Arms also allow you to force open locked doors and rip turrets from their bases."

Attachments

• Gorilla Arms Allow You to Force Open Doors.png
    Gorilla Arms Allow You to Force Open Doors.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 167
Top Bottom