Gorilla arms don't bypass the body level requirement to force open doors

+
If it's cut, fine, but at least don't keep the text in the description making people waste their eddies and end up in sticky situations :giveup:

If it's to be added at a later date... Then I guess it makes sense to just add the feature and keep the description rather than going back and forth unnecessarily:beer:

Screenshot attached of the description which currently quite clearly states "Gorilla Arms also allow you to force open locked doors and rip turrets from their bases."

I think they will. CDPR's official statement is they don't care about the cost, they are going to fix the game. I'm just wishing they could have just worked on it until it was done, and have a growing disgust of management in nearly every company I've ever seen or worked for myself..

Huh, I had a feeling that Gorilla Arms wouldn't do what the description says they do, so I never bought them. Although I had intended to test them out some time in the future and see if I was indeed right, but you guys have saved me the bother. That's a shame what they did or rather didn't do with these cyber limbs (leg implants included). Sigh.

Can't remember now because I bought the arms pretty quickly, but can you force open doors WITHOUT gorilla arms? Using only BODY atttribute?

Last edited:
Jan0sh said:

Can't remember now because I bought the arms pretty quickly, but can you force open doors WITHOUT gorilla arms? Using only BODY atttribute?
You absolutely can.
OK, because honestly it would make more sense if you needed gorilla arms AND body check to force open doors. I mean looking at the animation when you force open doors, when they almost crush under your hands, it would make sense it is only possible when your hands are not fleshy but cybernetic. Irrespective of how strong you are.

If you ever wanted evidence this game was rushed to release before it was ready this right here is the prime example. The entire point of the arms was going to be these two abilities, open doors and wield turret guns.

I was very disappointed when I realised I can still rip open doors and use turret weapons while I have my mantis blades installed.

The only advantage you get from them now is using them in 4-5 boring fights that you cant repeat.

Yes. Absolutely. I was also under the impression that Gorilla arms don't do what they say they do, ie. bypass the body requirement. But I didn't try and now I got 16 body so I cannot effectively test either. I open most doors with just the body stat.

Before the launch I thought that doors could ONLY be opened by force using the gorilla arms, and no matter how high body you got you couldn't do it just with body.. This was either changed or we were deliberately misled.

I planned on getting the arms in my pre-launch plans, but I was turned off by the rumours. I think the whole cyber thing fell flat.

OK, because honestly it would make more sense if you needed gorilla arms AND body check to force open doors.

The thing is: Gorilla arms have a body requirement before you can even install them. This seems counter-intuitive in that cybernetics is supposed to overcome the limitations of your body....

If it's cut, fine, but at least don't keep the text in the description making people waste their eddies and end up in sticky situations :giveup:

If it's to be added at a later date... Then I guess it makes sense to just add the feature and keep the description rather than going back and forth unnecessarily:beer:

Screenshot attached of the description which currently quite clearly states "Gorilla Arms also allow you to force open locked doors and rip turrets from their bases."
and the turret part is a lie too! If you don't have enough body point (the arm is not doing anything) you can't take out the turret weapon :D
Post automatically merged:

Yes. Absolutely. I was also under the impression that Gorilla arms don't do what they say they do, ie. bypass the body requirement. But I didn't try and now I got 16 body so I cannot effectively test either. I open most doors with just the body stat.

Before the launch I thought that doors could ONLY be opened by force using the gorilla arms, and no matter how high body you got you couldn't do it just with body.. This was either changed or we were deliberately misled.

I planned on getting the arms in my pre-launch plans, but I was turned off by the rumours. I think the whole cyber thing fell flat.

The thing is: Gorilla arms have a body requirement before you can even install them. This seems counter-intuitive in that cybernetics is supposed to overcome the limitations of your body....
and why: originally there was humanity point (cut content) just like in a PnP game. So you spend humanity for the arm and you can use it the body is not relevant. Well that was the OG concept.....

and the turret part is a lie too! If you don't have enough body point (the arm is not doing anything) you can't take out the turret weapon :D

and why: originally there was humanity point (cut content) just like in a PnP game. So you spend humanity for the arm and you can use it the body is not relevant. Well that was the OG concept.....

They actually said that in one release that the humanity system in their video game is that you have a set number of slots for cybernetics. And that represents humanity. That kind of political level spin and obfuscation should have been an early warning sign for anyone paying attention.

Obviously there's no humanity system. Its a shame it could have been done like mass effect, with the renegade, paragon system.

Like you have humanity 3, 2, 1. Each level you get more cybernetics as you go down but you become more cold less human and it restricts your role-playing dialogue options. They could have a small scene for each one "are you sure you want to do this V? You're not getting your arms back once we take them off, and.... you won't be the same." If you want to have all the latest and greatest mods then you'll be a cold unfeeling monster and people will react with fear and distrust to you. We're talking about just a few lines of dialogue here and there and the whole feel changes. Think about replayability. Maybe at humanity 1 Vs voice has a robot overlay, so you don't even need to record much new dialogue but the feeling of what they say is drained of emotion.

Again bioware did that kind of stuff when they were just a small studio with mass.effect 1. CDPR had witcher 3 money and an 8 year development cycle and they just didn't bother at all.

It could be just a dialogue thing. Instead they made the dialogue options based around skill. I mean why bother making a cyberpunk game if they're going to do that.

I mean the cybernetics in the game are mostly forgettable, you don't even really need them, to play the game on the hardest settings. You can chop off your ganic arms and then put them back on. The game doesn't even have a consisentency around cybernetics. Once you chop your arms off for say mantis blades that should be a big point of no return. But the game makes it out like your changing shoes. Again, why bother making a cyberpunk game at all if you're not going to deal with the central themes
In a personal way. The point at which they decided to abandon a humanity mechanic they should have asked themselves..... hey what are we doing here exactly. This is why the game has no heart and soul.

I mainly just throw grenades and shoot my light machine gun. What do I need mods for? I have body 20 so I can rip open all the doors. Why would anyone have robot arms in this world? If you're stronger without them.

Everything is watered down, bland and censored. Why? At some point all they cared about was selling the most copies to the most platforms. And you can see that. Early on they had a vision and you can see bits and pieces of it, but somewhere along the way they just watered it all down. CDPR won't just come out and be honest with its fans, and we're taking note.

Last edited:
Yeah, the point was that each arm type was supposed to have its own in game function.
Gorilla arms were supposed to let you do super strength things like prying doors open or ripping off turrets.
Mantis arms were supposed to let you cling to walls.
Monowire was supposed to be a lethal mid ranged attack that could do stealth kills.

In the end, they're all just another melee weapon, which are pretty weak compared to ACTUAL melee weapons you can get that do massive damage and can one shot enemies.

Starting to understand the pending law suit more and more lol... yes lets remove 70% of the cool stuff, take away 3rd person in cut scenes , take away the actual cut scenes, but leave the adjustable penis. Thank fam

They actually said that in one release that the humanity system in their video game is that you have a set number of slots for cybernetics. And that represents humanity. That kind of political level spin and obfuscation should have been an early warning sign for anyone paying attention.

Obviously there's no humanity system. Its a shame it could have been done like mass effect, with the renegade, paragon system.

Like you have humanity 3, 2, 1. Each level you get more cybernetics as you go down but you become more cold less human and it restricts your role-playing dialogue options. They could have a small scene for each one "are you sure you want to do this V? You're not getting your arms back once we take them off, and.... you won't be the same." If you want to have all the latest and greatest mods then you'll be a cold unfeeling monster and people will react with fear and distrust to you. We're talking about just a few lines of dialogue here and there and the whole feel changes. Think about replayability. Maybe at humanity 1 Vs voice has a robot overlay, so you don't even need to record much new dialogue but the feeling of what they say is drained of emotion.

Again bioware did that kind of stuff when they were just a small studio with mass.effect 1. CDPR had witcher 3 money and an 8 year development cycle and they just didn't bother at all.

It could be just a dialogue thing. Instead they made the dialogue options based around skill. I mean why bother making a cyberpunk game if they're going to do that.

I mean the cybernetics in the game are mostly forgettable, you don't even really need them, to play the game on the hardest settings. You can chop off your ganic arms and then put them back on. The game doesn't even have a consisentency around cybernetics. Once you chop your arms off for say mantis blades that should be a big point of no return. But the game makes it out like your changing shoes. Again, why bother making a cyberpunk game at all if you're not going to deal with the central themes
In a personal way. The point at which they decided to abandon a humanity mechanic they should have asked themselves..... hey what are we doing here exactly. This is why the game has no heart and soul.

I mainly just throw grenades and shoot my light machine gun. What do I need mods for? I have body 20 so I can rip open all the doors. Why would anyone have robot arms in this world? If you're stronger without them.

Everything is watered down, bland and censored. Why? At some point all they cared about was selling the most copies to the most platforms. And you can see that. Early on they had a vision and you can see bits and pieces of it, but somewhere along the way they just watered it all down. CDPR won't just come out and be honest with its fans, and we're taking note.

Christ, man ! Don't make it worse 😭

Everything you said. Could've made this the game of the decade.. instead we got GTA's funny cousin.

Last edited:
The point at which they decided to abandon a humanity mechanic they should have asked themselves..... hey what are we doing here exactly. This is why the game has no heart and soul.
Millions of consumers are eating it up as we speak.

CDPR cares about creating narratives and characters that elicit strong emotional reactions in their audience. Complex themes, immersive roleplay, a consistent vision; these are on the back burner, if they're even on the radar at all.

Guest 4375874

I was under the impression that I can bypass the body level requirement to force open doors based on the arms' description, but I was wrong.

Not sure If I just misunderstood the description or If It's the dev's oversight.

Update#1: It also wouldn't pull out turrets as described.
Why on earth would a Netrunner be able to rip off doors? Everyone can equip the arms so your post doesn't make much sense since it's suggesting every build should be able to do this so long as they can buy the arms. That would make the game balance and specializing irrelevant I'm pretty sure they established different class builds early on and the guerilla arms you are describing was for a build focused on direct attacks and melee. Seems this is yet another nonsensical post for clicks

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth would a Netrunner be able to rip off doors? Everyone can equip the arms so your post doesn't make much sense since it's suggesting every build should be able to do this so long as they can buy the arms. That would make the game balance and specializing irrelevant I'm pretty sure they established different class builds early on and the guerilla arms you are describing was for a build focused on direct attacks and melee. Seems this is yet another nonsensical post for clicks

It's a single player game, who cares if someone is a tech wizard with robot arms.

Game balance? There's a crazy amount of skills but they don't amount to much anyway, I'm playing on hard 50 hours in with 0 points in assault weapons and I can mow people down with rifles just as well as shotguns which I am heavily commited to. The further I get the less my spec seems to matter.

If gorilla arms don't allow for feats of strength then why cut your arms off and replace them with chrome?

It's a single player game, who cares if someone is a tech wizard with robot arms.

Game balance? There's a crazy amount of skills but they don't amount to much anyway, I'm playing on hard 50 hours in with 0 points in assault weapons and I can mow people down with rifles just as well as shotguns which I am heavily commited to. The further I get the less my spec seems to matter.

If gorilla arms don't allow for feats of strength then why cut your arms off and replace them with chrome?

Gorilla Arms DO NOT allow you to open strength doors/windows. That's based on your stats, not the arms.

Mantis Arms DO NOT allow you to cling to walls.

Monowire DO NOT allow for remote hacks.

Basically the features that they'd gone on about for ages all got removed for the release of the game.

It's not the Gorilla Arms, it's that you have the strength to do so. The arms do nothing. That feature was removed. They're just a crappy blunt weapon at this point.

Yeah, I know. Its crazy because it would seem that the arms are one of the main pieces of cybernetic tech. I have mantis blades and I never even use them. What are they even for.

:(

all those arms , gorilla, mantis, monowire and firearm are just melee weapons, they dont have additional extra abilities, so if you give gorilla arms bypass body requirement then what will you give other arms ? you have to think not just for 1 thing but for all things to make balance and hard choice
Well yeah, gorilla arms could bypass strength stuff requirements. Mantis blades maybe be like it should had been, you could stick them in to walls and stay there, maybe not climb and "walk" on walls but at least an ability to stick to walls and jump from there to your next wall stick. Firearm could be like the weapons from Star Wars Mandalorian, fire a bunch of small explosive and homing projectiles that kills everything around you and not like a simple grenade like it is right now. Monowire should cut everything, cars fences whatever, but if that's not in, at least it can do is to silent kill any bipod enemy, like a garrote that silently decapitates even redskull level enemies. So goes without saying not working for wall turrets or mechs.

Yeah, I know. Its crazy because it would seem that the arms are one of the main pieces of cybernetic tech. I have mantis blades and I never even use them. What are they even for.

:(
They are useless. From al of these, the ones that are a bit useful are gorilla arms because they replace your fists and so you can use them when brawling. Besides that there is no point on getting any of them. I made a melee char where i would rather use a katana than those mantis blades. I may use Fire arm in a different build where i would use it instead of grenades because this way you never run out of the ones you want and it explodes on contact without delay. The issue with this i suppose is that i'm not so sure if grenade perks affect and improve firearm ammo to.

Last edited:
I can't even beat the first fist challenge with my 3 body no blunt damage characters on hard-very hard. Does the gorilla arms help circumvent that? As in - can I just buy gorilla arms to finish the unarmed quests?
Heh, you think the first fight is hard... And no, Gorilla Arms will not make a huge difference in those fist fights. Later fights can easily down you in 2-3 hits on any difficulty... gotta get good. Use counters for the win.

As for melee being underwhelming. I got my hands on a Legendary Katana with DPS around 1k at level 11 or so. And later melee weapons will sit at around 2k+ DPS, which is way more than any of the cyberware arms can reach.
And yes, the Forcing Doors apect of Gorilla Arms seem to be broken atm, still need the Body req to do it - no Gorilla Arms needed. So far I've found Legendary Mantis Blades x2 and Legendary Monowire(this one is very easy to get) as loot, saved me quite a few eddies.
Money is fairly easy to make, even without "exploits" or glitches, later on. Still need to get me the eddies for all cars though :p

I was under the impression that I can bypass the body level requirement to force open doors based on the arms' description, but I was wrong.

Not sure If I just misunderstood the description or If It's the dev's oversight.

Update#1: It also wouldn't pull out turrets as described.
Hmm, I'm just curious, why should they give such a thing to the character?
Idk, maybe it was so promoted in ads or articles, and therefore the impression is like that.

And don't think that personally I am glad with that fact. I was really pissed, when I discovered that monowire can't cut enemies like Geralt in W3 :giveup: or in Johnny Mnemonic film, for example.

And, yeah, it would be better to have a special extra-skill for each kind of arms implants.

It's even more dumb when you're fighting Razor. While you're your dinky little self, with Gorilla arms. If you're gonna brawl Animal characters. You should need to be decked out like an animal. But the game totally fails in customization. So we have V probably being the fraction in body cost. Beating a champion.

Top Bottom