Got any idea where character lighting information is stored?

+
Got any idea where character lighting information is stored?

Been working on some face models, and this keeps happening - in cutscenes it's like two spotlights are following him on both sides. Doesn't happen so much outside of cutscenes as far as I'e noticed. Is any of that information stored in the model or normal map? Because other than the diffuse map those are all that I've touched.

I don't think this has something to do with character lighting. Haven't seen something like this yet.

marzipanstan;n8460290 said:
Been working on some face models, and this keeps happening - in cutscenes it's like two spotlights are following him on both sides.

Hmm... I think I've seen similar problem with TW2 Head made by TudorAdrian . Tho I don't really know how did he fixed it, maybe he can help you with this.

Hmm... that looks ok but is it the vanilla fbx or your ready to cook model?

When trying to get this working you have to transfer the colors straight from the extracted Vanilla fbx file. Most times I see people trying to transfer vertex colors from the resulting .dae mesh when they're replacing models.

another key aspect is the material name for the head which has to match the correct section in the xml file. You could also try changing the shader of the head material within the xml (think it's set to something like pbrface or something; you can look up another shader for the torso go example and just use that for the head..that also works).

Actually I imported the vanilla fbx, transferred the weights and armature, and then got to sculpting, so all of the object data in that model is the same as in the vanilla fbx other than the mesh. The material name is the same as in the xml, and I also tried the shader change.

I've been through like every skin shader at this point I think. Is there something I need to do to sort of... activate the vertex colors in-game? I guess? Do they need to be named specifically?

Yeah I followed that process initially. Well, if anybody wants to take a crack at it, I've uploaded the betas today, and I'm happy to share the blender project. If we can pin down what went wrong then I'll be in good footing to start taking requests from people who want to play as not-the-same-Geralt in more ways than just changing his skin and hair colors.

Top Bottom