Got Bug on misson: Bloody ritual

+
No way to reload older save, I have everything scanned and Johnny is sitting on the crate by the bloody endtrails in the trash bags and the guy with the slashed stomach, I can hear the faint voice sounds of her but never saw her get up out of the freezer.

My guess based on the sound is she is falling through the map below us and will NEVER appear until they fix this bug. Otherwise the stars have to align just right for this gig to work.

I'm stuck waiting for them to fix this unfortunately.

Unfortunately this is 100% bugged.
I lost multiple hours trying to finish this quest, doing everything stated here. The maximum I could get to happen was getting the psycho to show up above the van and over a power wall for a split second. Even landed a couple of critical shots (over 2500 damage each) but not enough to kill it apparently.
In the end I had to regress my load by about 1 hour (since before activating the mission) because I was stuck with the 'ethereal sound' present in the investigation area even after leaving the area and playing for a full hour until I got fed up with the noise.
I'm 80 hours in the game and I have to agree with people who stated that this game seems to come undone the further you go.... bugs are getting more frequent and more annoying.

I tried every suggestion posted in this thread and I can't complete this mission. I don't even get the "breathing" everyone seems talking about. I scanned every item and body, hacked the shard, tried every daytime...nothing. Restarting the mission is out of the question without playing 10+ hrs to keep up at my current state.

Pls fix this mission CDR.

When I first encountered this, I threw the living guy into the car trunk to the right (after I scanned him). Still, I can't help but think that is keeping me from triggering whatever is needed here. I have decrypted the shard and I hear the breathing and have inspected all the other clues, but still nothing.
When I first stumbled upon this, it was during the day too. I've since tried to revisit at night and spent 2 hours scanning and re-scanning and trying explosives, standing in different spots, etc. Nothing will spawn the killer.
CDPR, please fix this when you can. Maybe even just forcing a respawn of the dying guy? I'd rather that than not be able to finish it at all.

At least I know I'm not alone with this issue on this quest, and I can't go back to restart it because I've now completed all side quests, NCPD's, and Gigs available, I'm just too far gone now to want to go back that far. I've completed the came and come back to a save just before the point of no return.

All items scanned, shard decrypted, and sat around at 8pm for ages... no joy :(
Like others, I also dumped the body in the bin out of desperation after a while.

An option to restart a side quest or abandon would be very useful for situations like this.

A fix that I think might work is what some others said.
For me, I had to reload a save well before I got there, luckily I saved before I entered the mission area.

I made sure not to...

- Not to scan anything before I entered,
- I also did not loot anything like I did beforehand.
- Also did not interact with anything like the gas canisters and other machines in the area.
- I left everything as is and simply approached the dude that was somewhat alive, let him do his thing.
- And here is an important part, DO NOT PICK UP THE LOOT OR SHARD FROM HIM. I made sure to not do that this time and I simply went around and scanned everything.

Like others said, doesn't matter on the order, but I simply scanned one person, or body, or the fridge, and I let whatever happened complete first, like the glitching on the screen and what not. When you scan one thing, make sure the sounds and whatever happens on your screen, whether it be the glitching, dialogue, whatever, make sure it all goes through completely before scanning the next clue.

One other specific thing I did was also not pressing F to examine the fridge, but I rather ignored it and scanned the fridge instead.

The last clue I scanned was the body next to the crate where Johnny sits. I didn't necessarily scan it since it only prompted me to press F to examine the body and then the dialogue with Johnny happened and when I turned towards the fridge, Zaria Hughes (Cyberpsycho) rose.

Again I will repeat...

- Don't scan anything before entering.
- Make sure you don't loot anything until you finish the whole mission.
- Make sure not to pick up the shard and loot from the guy that dies when you approach him.
- Make sure to scan one thing at a time and let the scripted actions or effects complete before scanning the next clue.
- I'd recommend doing the body next to Johnny last just in case, and everything should work out hopefully.

I did notice that the dialogue between Regina is a little mixed up but nonetheless I could choose all the replies perfectly and completed the mission. Make sure not to kill the Cyberpsycho for the bonus! :)

I had the same issue. Luckly I saved right before starting this mission. After scaning all the clues and decripting the shard again the boss show. The missions complete fine.
BUT..... the messages with Regina on the phone is bugged. It fall all way aout of order, and the last message "about technomancers" cant be sent, it stays blue, out of order and i cant click on it. I hope this dont fuck therest of the mission chain.
I have the same issue. Can't text Regina back. Message remains in blue but the mission shows as completed. Yet the achievement tracker is at 98%.

Can't do this mission. Can't load a previous save as too far into the game now. No survivor spawns and Johnny never shows up.

Hi everybody!
I've found a solution in the steam discussions for the bug where nothing happens after already scanning everything.
It worked for me and I could finally finish 100% of the game.
I hope it will work for you too!

I ADVISE ON BACKING UP YOUR SAVE FILE BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGES AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT CONSEQUENCES IT CAN LEAD TO!
ANY CHANGES TO SAVE FILES ARE DONE ON YOUR OWN RISK.

1. download the save editor from here
2. click "Load Save" and choose you save file
3. choose the "Quest Facts" tab
4. if mq_wat_nid_15_clue exists, modify it to 3.
if it doesn't exist, click "+ New Fact", enter mq_wat_nid_15_clue and choose type "Name", and then set it's Value to 3.
5. click "Save Changes" and save the save file back in your saves folder inside a new folder or by replacing the old save you edited (Your choice)
6. close the save editor and open cyberpunk 2077 again.

After doing it, as you approach the area from the front road
the cyberpsycho should pop out of the freezer.

Last edited:

Guest 4531988

You have to do it in a specific order or reload. I don't know why or remember the exact order, but the guy behind the box on the left seems to have to be one of the last two things you need to scan.

Hi everybody!
I've found a solution in the steam discussions for the bug where nothing happens after already scanning everything.

I ADVISE ON BACKING UP YOUR SAVE FILE BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGES AS I DON'T KNOW WHAT CONSEQUENCES IT CAN LEAD TO!

if it doesn't exist, click "+ New Fact", enter mq_wat_nid_15_clue and choose type "Name", and then set it's Value to 3.
5. click "Save Changes" and save the save file back in your saves folder inside a new folder or by replacing the old save you edited (Your choice)

its working, thank you so much.

I wouldn't have used such a method but I had no other choice

Thanks again.

Hi everybody!

Does this only work for this quest? I am having trouble scanning in the BD on the Disasterpiece quest as well.

Hi everybody!

Thanks! This worked for me. I finally have 100% the game!

Top Bottom