GOTY Edition for free for existing owners of W3+season pass

+
Since W3 Goty is going to be released, will owners of the base game plus season pass get the GOTY version for free, both on Steam or Gog?

I interpret it to mean you have to buy.

Yeah everything I have read says that you have to purchase GotY, it is not going to be given to owners of the base game + expansion pass for free as far as I can tell.

All the GotY is Base game + 16 DLCs + Both Expansions + all patches already out - on one disc (or in one download).

So assuming one already has all of the above, one already has the GotY version of the game. If you want to buy a second copy of the exact same thing, I'm sure they would appreciate it - but I don't think it's necessary for them to give me what I already have ... because I already have it.

Yeah everything I have read says that you have to purchase GotY, it is not going to be given to owners of the base game + expansion pass for free as far as I can tell.

All the GotY is Base game + 16 DLCs + Both Expansions + all patches already out - on one disc (or in one download).

So assuming one already has all of the above, one already has the GotY version of the game. If you want to buy a second copy of the exact same thing, I'm sure they would appreciate it - but I don't think it's necessary for them to give me what I already have ... because I already have it.
Sure, CDPR isn't obligated to give us anything, still if they didn't give us the GOTY, it's because they hope to sell some copies to collectors.
I mean, Enhanced Editions were free back in days for existing owners, they didn't charge for an upgrade, so I expected to receive the GOTY edition for free. I mean, it's not a first world problem or whatever, I already played the game with all dlcs, but it would be nice. I guess times are changed and CDPR is not exactly like the "old" CDPR, conforming itself to the "new" trends of the industry.

I mean, Enhanced Editions were free back in days for existing owners, they didn't charge for an upgrade, so I expected to receive the GOTY edition for free. I mean, it's not a first world problem or whatever, I already played the game with all dlcs, but it would be nice. I guess times are changed and CDPR is not exactly like the "old" CDPR, conforming itself to the "new" trends of the industry.

But they are different circumstances.

The enhanced editions of TW1 & TW2 added content and/or improvements into the games that the developers apparently saw as fulfilling their vision of the game. It was more than just a re-release with new packaging. Thus it was given for free to those who already owned the original version. Sort of like the various W3 patches (including additional content, dialogues and a UI overhaul) and the 16 DLC that have been released that were free.

The GotY Edition of TW3 does not do this. It's a re-release of what owners of the base game and expansion pass already have available. There aren't even really extras to want with the new version - it's just the manual IIRC.

Lol, the GOTY released and you can't purchase it if you own all contents. I wonder why it's a separate package, it's very strange.

It seems the GOTY edition is now available on Steam as a package that contains the original game (app 292030) and the expansions. Was the idea of a separate app (as it can be seen on SteamDB) dropped after all, at least on Steam ? Interestingly, the latter was released about 20 hours ago, and then removed from the store after 15 minutes, and now the package version (which does not allow the same account to buy the game twice) has been released instead.

Last edited:
So the GotY edition comes with the additional soundtracks available for download right? The HoS one and the BaW.
I don't remember ever receiving that as an extra with my season pass and I just checked and still got nothing. Would like to have that at least.

From the GOTY/Complete Edition FAQ

12. Is there a GOTY Complete Soundtrack, including the music from Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?

A: No. The soundtracks are available on Spotify and other streaming services. **Update: Soundtracks for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine (MP3 and FLAC) are also available for download on GOG.com to those who purchase the GOTY digitally, and for players who already own the two expansions. (Additional details pending.)

That's as much as we know right now. The FAQ may be updated in the future when more is known, so I would keep an eye on it.

The OSTs are available on your GOG or Steam under Extras if you already have the expansions. No need to buy the GOTY edition for that. Actually, if you already have the expansions and the main game, there is absolutely no need to buy the GOTY edition (at least on digital format). The only two reasons I can think of for that case would be either wanting to help CDPR more, or just to get everything on physical disks, which would remove the need to download every patch and so on. Otherwise, if you have the Expansion Pass, then you already have everything that's inside the GOTY edition. It does NOT have anything extra in it.

It seems the GOTY edition is now available on Steam as a package that contains the original game (app 292030) and the expansions. Was the idea of a separate app (as it can be seen on SteamDB) dropped after all, at least on Steam ?

Too bad, i was looking forward of buying the game again and getting all the achievements again (on Steam).

I would appreciate the GOTY version instead of what I have now. The reason is I often reinstall the OS and everything and now I have to download and install a few dozen base version of the game and expansions and then figure out what updates I need. Installation of the updates is also painfully slow, even on a high end machine with SSD.

On steam we had to release the GOTY with the bundle tech and not as all in one because of steam policy - nothing we can do about it sadly.

Top Bottom