GOTY edition questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with cyberpunk!

I'd be very disappointed if there was no new content since they made 2 enhanced editions for the previous games.

They have to hire plenty of the voice actors for Gwent solo mode so why not do this.

They should bring back at least one short quest line with Iorveth & Saskia that would prop them up for the inevitable solo campaign in Gwent : )

I read many pages of this thread and decided to post because ive read much misinformation here and there.

First of all,the name GOTY does not mean that there wont be an enhanced edition.It would be silly that the most awarded game of all time doesnt get a GOTY edition by name,even if it is both an enhanced edition

Secondly,if there is an enhanced version of the game,it will most likely contain minor graphic improvements or restored/improved questlines in the base game that actually enhance what's already there.No VGX trailer graphics nor new content like mini expansion or the sort.Also it could contain improvements upon the game mechanics like skills/loot/combat/exp system,but nothing too drastical

If any of the above changes happen,they will all come with a patch like 2.00 version of the game for free to every owner of the game and some time later a GOTY edition of the game will be released with the 2.00 version of the game plus all its content

If an enhanced edition is underway ,this is the only realistic plan to it and i'll be more than satisfied to be honest.

We don't know yet what cd project is planning but judging from my experience with them since the W1,they wont be happy with just a simple GOTY package.So dont lose faith.The more the GOTY edition is delayed,the more our chances for an enhanced version of the game increase ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
hum i didnt use the right words since am not very knowledgeable on the subject beside knowing the basic of it, but you kinda responded to my interrogation on it, if there were more key frame, the animation would be smoother and therefore heavier on resources, also i dont think ther's one animation per frame every time necessarily, am pretty sure some are skipped to save performance and sometime for artistic choice, or it might be a bug, i dont know

something am sure about is that some animations are far from smooth in the game, and geralt animation were way smoother in the older E3 builds than vanilla, was it a different animation system ? how to explain theire removal if the system is the same and they are of the same quality ? if it was one or two animation here and there it wouldnt be problematic, but nearly every geralt animation was swapped for worse, hell even something as simple as look at/headtracking ( like your mod ) was removed

and yeah motion blur help to smooth out choppy animation, not sure why you're surprised, i know that everyone hate that for some reasons ( that i dont understand ) but the reality is that its widely used someitme for that specific purpose, they didnt add motion blurr in B&W just for the sake of it ( espcially combat, surprise !), also 30fps animations are bad, or i played too much street fighter wich has 60fps animation

turn on game, use console command slow(0.01) and see the animations, there are no "skipped frames" ........................................

head tracking can be turned on by changing 1 line in scripts.

Last edited:
We don't know yet what cd project is planning but judging from my experience with them since the W1,they wont be happy with just a simple GOTY package.So dont lose faith.The more the GOTY edition is delayed,the more our chances for an enhanced version of the game increase ;-)

As mentioned before, there are some rumors that it will be released on 30th August. If that is true, then I would not expect any major changes. However, there are only 3 weeks left until that date now, so it could very well be that the rumors are not true if the GOTY edition is not announced today or very soon.

I'll be buying the GOTY Edition on release. I've somehow been able to hold off all this time since I knew there would be a GOTY Edition shortly after. Hopefully the release date is coming this week. How hard could it be to bundle the DLC with the main game? Come on, CDPR, please hurry!

As mentioned before, there are some rumors that it will be released on 30th August. If that is true, then I would not expect any major changes. However, there are only 3 weeks left until that date now, so it could very well be that the rumors are not true if the GOTY edition is not announced today or very soon.
The original leak listed August 26th as the release date, IIRC.

I guess we will know soon enough. I expect CDPR to announce something in a week or two.

I probably should have mentioned I'm on PS4 and I want all the content on one disc for convenience's sake. Can't say I care much for purchasing separate DLC if I know a GOTY Edition is coming.

I guess we will know soon enough. I expect CDPR to announce something in a week or two.
A week or two seems a bit too long to announce something that's supposed to come out this month.

turn on game, use console command slow(0.01) and see the animations, there are no "skipped frames" ........................................

head tracking can be turned on by changing 1 line in scripts.

slowing down the game =/= watching every frames, slowdown is a game mechanic in game, you can slow it and have it still run at 60fps, the animation is just played slowly, not frame by frame

Yes, that was in the Eurogamer article, but there was another "leak" later that was posted on Reddit (?), and it was a screenshot of a store page that shows 30th. That seems to be more likely, because it is on a Tuesday. It could still very well be just a placeholder, though.

A week or two seems a bit too long to announce something that's supposed to come out this month.
I'm honestly not taking the leaked release date at face value. A lot of times those are just a placeholder. Realistically, I would say a September launch seems much more realistic at this point.

Guest 2364765

Speaking about "lost features" i wonder whether they'll get around to implementing ubersampling to GOTY, it seems to be sitting in the same trash bin as redkit is.
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=51

How will the PC ultra version hold up against consoles?

It will be possible to spot differences in, for example, Nvidia HairWorks, but those are very demanding graphically, so a strong PC will be needed. What I’m about to say might not be diplomatic. In the future you will be able to turn on the option of ubersampling, which, upon the release of The Witcher 2, was killing the game, and will probably do the same with this title, so we don’t want to unlock it for now. It makes the game look better, but the requirements are insane.

Guest 2364765

Although it would be awesome, it is better to expect nothing out of the GOTY edition, may be pleasantly surprised or severely disappointed.

Well, when it comes to things that were mentioned as "upcoming" in official interviews, only to be never mentioned again, in a very childish fashion - it tends to be disappointing.

Speaking about "lost features" i wonder whether they'll get around to implementing ubersampling to GOTY, it seems to be sitting in the same trash bin as redkit is.

Ubersampling might be something that is not too difficult to implement, so it would not be unrealistic to expect it to appear in the GOTY edition. On the other hand, it is also something that is only of interest to players with high end PCs, and it is already possible to achieve a similar effect with DSR or VSR. But if it is easy enough to add, then why not, except maybe to avoid complaints about bad performance at maximum settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom