GPS system, isn't that smart

+
On foot, it still tries to lead you down car roads, even though you can just easy climb or jump a 2 foot wall, or literally cross the street, maybe a set of stairs or elevator to take. In car it might tell you to go down a road that has been blocked off by a lvl designer and even has an invisible wall to boot, pathing anywhere through a junkyard where all but a tiny handful of cars just get stuck and your lucky if you can get out to leg it.

Try setting a point from inside a building, error 404 path found or it points to the entrance of the building you just left.

Yeah its pretty bad. There were GPSs in the real world in the 90s that worked better than this. Hell, there were GPSs in games in the 90s that worked better than this.
There are also GPSs in the real world that take people down hiking paths, route through unmaintained roads, routes the wrong way on a one way road, and on one occasion, recommended driving off a cliff. These sorts of things are way too common.

None of them will route you optimally on foot and lead you to those 2 foot walls you can climb over, while going around buildings (that you cannot cut through) and other obstacles.

Night City is a lot more complicated than many real cities, with overlapping roads, tunnels, and places where real-world traffic planning went out the window. That is just traveling on the streets. Off street, it just gets more complicated, with alleys, pedestrian bridges, tunnels, multilevel buildings, stairs, etc.

The in-game GPS gets confused, yes. Sometimes it does funny things trying to navigate the last few meters. In places, it is worthless. However, overall, it works well enough to get me to where I am going, even if I have to take over and do it myself from time to time. That is pretty much all I expect from the real world GPS, too.

"GPS SYSTEM, ISN'T THAT SMART"

Yep. There are a bunch of jobs and gigs where it simply doesn't work as intended. Highly inconsistent. Send me straight into the wilderness bunch of times just trying to find a starter point of a gig.

Discovered that traffic quit often rather follows your dotted line, instead of their own path, making some vehicles going right, while on the left lane, and vice versa. Also, the dotted line guides you through the shortest route, instead of the fastest, and under certain conditions, on the roundabouts, guides you against traffic.

Top Bottom