GPU at 100% usage after close the game

+
After closing the game the GPU usage stays at 100%, after searching some info around reddit and here saw ppl said it was just a MSI Afterburner visual bug, I also did some tests without MSI Afterburner with this results:
- GPU Power Consumption at idle with 0% usage: 23-24W
- GPU Power Consumption while playing on 100% usage: 100-110W
- GPU Power Consumption after close the game and stuck at 100% usage: 70W
Data from Radeon panel.

I only saw AMD Users with this issue, so here is my build:
- Ryzen 5 3600
- RX580 AORUS 8GB
- 24 GB of RAM
It's a fresh install, everything is updated and on stable versions, this just happens with Cyberpunk.
The only way to fix this for me it's to restart the PC, saw some ppl can fix it by launching other games but not on my case.

That definitely sounds like it's a driver-level issue. Once a program is terminated, it can't affect the PC any more. I would double check that there are no CP2077-related items in Task Manager. If there are, I'd send the ticket in here. If not, then I'd send a ticket into AMD's support.

Maybe it's already done and I don't know if it could help, but maybe a good idea to perform a clean reinstallation of your drivers (instead of "simple" updates).
AMD
I. Uninstall your graphics drivers using the AMD Cleanup Utility software.
II. Download and clean install the latest drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support
But I found something on AMD community :
Re: Gpu usage remaining 100%, after quitting game.
After some research, I have come to a conclusion.
currently, optional drivers have problems especially with cyberpunk 2077 on polaris architecture. so, the problem is the driver and the polaris architecture gpu's (RX400, RX500).
-----

Top Bottom