Gpu Crash for unknown reasons / 1.62 / 531.61

+
Hi, so i got CTD random times, it can happen without reason. Can do 5 CTD every 5 min, or every hour or more. Ticket to CDPR was send. In my crash logs it says

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.

I have RTX 3070 ti with latest 14.04 driver 531.61 from nvidia and 32 RAM.
Windows 11, fresh clean install
Dont have Afterburner

Any advices? maybe some one also encounter same crush and manage to find fix...

Did you try to clean install your drivers in case ?

i tried "clean install" via one of nvidia option they include in their installation...
if you think they "clean install" worse, can you tell me, what options i need to chose in DDU to be safe and not damaging any thing?

Also i got about 40 mins normal play without any CTD and now got another one with some flash / flicker artefacts right before, this happened when Judy uploaded me into virtual reality, during the dialogue of the 2 bandits there were some flashes (street lights were flashing) and then I pressed esc, the game crashed.

2023-04-15_22-14-11.png

Using DDU is recommanded by CDPR support, so better to do it (above all when you start to see strange graphics "things") :)
There is a bunch of tutorials (like this one)
Post automatically merged:

And if it still happen after the clean install, be sure to try all of these steps and if nothing work, send a ticket to the support > "contact us" button (Including a DxDiag).

Last edited:
Using DDU is recommanded by CDPR support, so better to do it (above all when you start to see strange graphics "things") :)
There is a bunch of tutorials (like this one)
Post automatically merged:

And if it still happen after the clean install, be sure to try all of these steps and if nothing work, send a ticket to the support > "contact us" button (Including a DxDiag).

i found what causes strange graphics things, it was DLSS, i uploads a video on youtube, and seems this artefacts not affected to CTDs, cuz when i record and after, game not crashed. Ticked send. I also found in steam thread, where another ppl affected with almost same bug, when textures flickers with DLSS on phone calls (also happen with me) and they said it's starts after 1.62 patch.

One thing that comes to mind are the graphics card's power cables, or no headroom from the PSU.

That graphics card has two PCIe power connectors. That translates to the need to use two outlets from the PSU to make it work. In the case that you use that splitter that takes one power connector from the PSU, and then branches into two, then the PSU can't carry that. One PCIe cable is rated for 150 watts, and a 3070 Ti's TDP is around 290 watts, so two cables are even sort of at capacity there. One cable could begin to burn.

Else, the power connectors could be loose. I am not sure if your model has leds that would signal that. Both my 1080 Ti and my 3090 suffered at some point from loose power cables, and they'd get that dot led either liting up white (1080 Ti) or blinking in red (3090), to warn that there is no (proper) power connection. In any case, if you are checking this connection, shut down the PSU (the switch), and plug it out of the wall. That, in fact, goes when doing anything with your PC.

The two above are the two most common causes I've encountered. Beyond that it could be something on driver/software level. You could also check if your PSU can supply enough power for all the components. Having some headroom above what the components state is a good to have, even though a 3070 Ti shouldn't have transients like a 3090.

Last edited:
Top Bottom