GPU overheating

+
GPU overheating

My GTX970 is reaching 90ºc in the ultra preset, when i put all in medium it goes down to 80ºc.

GPU fan at 90%.

Vsync on from the nvidia control panel.

Yeah, my Second 290x is hitting 91 degrees..with watercooling. Witcher 2 worked my GPU like mad as well.

My Gigabyte 970 G1 hits 70 C. If it runs too hot, cap your frames at 30. I know it's not ideal but it still looks amazing and you can max out all the graphics settings without worrying about overheating, at least until this is fixed.

Get more adequate cooling? I've never seen a game cause unnatural heat levels. If the cooling solution isn't effective enough, cap the framerate to keep the usage low. For reference, my Gigabyte GTX 970 goes up to around 60°C at 100% usage and that's with overclocking.

Yeah, my Second 290x is hitting 91 degrees..with watercooling. Witcher 2 worked my GPU like mad as well.

91ºc with watercooling? oh my...

My Gigabyte 970 G1 hits 70 C. If it runs too hot, cap your frames at 30. I know it's not ideal but it still looks amazing and you can max out all the graphics settings without worrying about overheating, at least until this is fixed.

It works, but playing at 30 frames :(

I hope they can fix this

Had my gtx 970 at 82 degree. Seems like shadow at ultra causes the issue. Turned it down to high now the gpu temp is down by 10 degree

91ºc with watercooling? oh my...

It works, but playing at 30 frames :(

I hope they can fix this

That's insane for Water Cooling..

My 760 2GB Overcocked edition is on 82-83º.

Hopefully we can get this sorted. Does anyone notice the game doesn't use more than 25-30% of the CPU?

Asus 970 Strix @ 1500 / 1973 it's been peaking around 61c. Game's maxed out /w ini tweaks. Minus hairworks. Do ye have HairWorks enabled?.

I've not left White Orchard yet though. Been testing stuff.

Asus 970 Strix @ 1500 / 1973 it's been peaking around 61c. Game's maxed out /w ini tweaks. Minus hairworks. Do ye have HairWorks enabled?.

I've not left White Orchard yet though. Been testing stuff.

Nope, turned off.

Since the 700 series loses 15-20 fps with Hairworks I disabled it. (Honestly.. I think it looks weird with it turned on anyhow, weird bug animations with long hair)

How hot is your room and whats the airflow of your case like?

My own 970 is at 100% and doesn't go above 60 degrees?

My AMD R7 260X goes to 99 degree and stays there. Im playing on Ultra settings with Nvidia hairwork off. For checking purposes I tested GTA 5 on Ultra settings and GPU never goes above 65 degree. On idle it stays 40 degree. And after I quit Witcher 3 the temperature drops to 50 degree within 5 secs.
Any solution?

My gigabyte gtx 980 g1 sli also runs hotter then other games gpu 1 can reach 78-80 c while gpu 2 stays under 70c
Ultra 1080p hariworks on ofcourse :)

I like the game allot, and i like also the graphics allot, one of the best looking games from 2015 in my opinion.

---------- Updated at 01:20 AM ----------

Anything over 80 is too hot.
Thats not true titan x can reach 85c or higher, and those temps are just fine.

Last edited:
"Funny" thing, for me my GPU dont overheat, just 2-4°c more than usual, but my CPU temps is clearly more higher than in ANY game, it got to 67°c for the highest core, when even in GTA 5, even with AC unity, that goes to 80%+ CPU usage ( or whatever other games dying light / BF 4 / Cities skyline / Crysis3.. etc ) it barely go over 60°c...

That console port..... terrific... I would never have never think it could be possible, but the optimization is worse than AC unity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom