Grab prompt gone? Can't leave/continue stealth tutorial

+
I just installed the game for the first time on my PC a couple of hours ago. Tried the tutorial stealth mission about taking out the guard from stealth in "one smooth move." Messed up on the first try, but that's fine, right? Nope.

Now, the grab prompt no longer shows up no matter what I do. Crouch, stand, hold F from any distance, nothing. And the only save I made was way back in the corporate office before I left, which means I will have to start over quite a ways earlier.

Hoping that tomorrow when I do try again and get to that point it works, but...is it going to be like this moving forward? Not just with stealth, but things in general?

Annoying :(
And in the next tutorial, the fist/melee combat, you have to grab a "strong" dude (with a red skull), it work or it's sthe same ?

I don't know if it works or not because I can't get past this mission. I'll find out later when I reload the old save and play through all the way up to the same place I am. But if this happens again, well...time to uninstall, I guess.

I don't know if it works or not because I can't get past this mission. I'll find out later when I reload the old save and play through all the way up to the same place I am. But if this happens again, well...time to uninstall, I guess.
In theory, you should be able to try. I think (not sure) you're able to give up in the middle of a tutorial and return to the "hub" (return to the door or something like that).

Just my luck, lol. Not sure I know how to verify the files though; is there an easy way to do that?

And I'm also pretty certain the answer is no, but I still have to ask. Have you downloaded any mod at all since you installed the game?

Based on this post, I assume it's persisting and your problem is definitely a fringe one.

Update: continued the game and it started back from the first hacking tutorial. Grab prompt was there and was able to progress. I appreciate the help people offered, thank you! Fingers crossed that was the only bug I encounter, but...I knew what I was getting myself into lol.

Also for reference, no mods installed! Why tempt fate...

Update: continued the game and it started back from the first hacking tutorial. Grab prompt was there and was able to progress. I appreciate the help people offered, thank you! Fingers crossed that was the only bug I encounter, but...I knew what I was getting myself into lol.

Well, for what it's worth, most minor bugs can be fixed with a quick reload. You'll probably encounter a few of those. Sometimes even bigger ones can be fixed with a quick reload.

Also for reference, no mods installed! Why tempt fate...

Because there is so much great stuff out there!

Top Bottom