Grandmaster Set late game issues

+
Grandmaster Gear MUST scale with your level until you begin a New Game Plus. On the Armour part it's no issue because resistance values matter more. On the Sword part they become useless after 47 level. The game forces you to use Toussaint Knight's steel sword and Aerondight after that point, ruining the 6/6 witcher set bonus.
Also Crossbows are not fixed at all and are still useless in Next Gen at New Game Plus, or even the Witcher ones during Blood and Wine. And we cannot even upgrade them...
Please just do that so that we don't have to use scaling mods until we finish the playthrough at 50-55 level.

MUST? Who said you HAVE to use set items only? It's not like there are heavy drawbacks which take place when witcher uses non-witcher eq. I mean, ok, when I've just started playing W3 6 years ago, I've made every full witcher set available and spent several Potions of Clearance to find my preferred combat style, true... but then again, exploration and tests are normal for a newbie. Now I just don't create any single witcher armor item (taken into account absolutely overpowered stuff from DLCs + ability to socket them at runemaster), yet even Eredin scratches me for pitiful 0-20 hps per swing. Likewise, of course I've been crafting and using Feline swords during the main content, but then again if there is a chance to obtain a better sword, I sure go for it. And it's not like I'm alone. Did you ever complete Berengar's Blade quest? Do you know that if you set off for Isle of Mists at levels around 25-27, then this blade (Tor'haerne) becomes absolutely THE BEST sword for the main Kaer Morhen battle, because of its +crit damage and +crit chance? I guess Berengar was quite wise to at least try to obtain such an item of power. Be like Berengar, eh?

Top Bottom