Grandmaster Witcher Gear (Blood & Wine)

+
Grandmaster Witcher Gear (Blood & Wine)

I'm wondering if the devs overlooked something for this grade of witcher gear that existed in the main game - Feline, Ursine, Wolven & Griffin. So far I've collected the complete sets of the first 3 schools I mentioned. What I discovered is that whilst Feline, Ursine & Griffin gear need their respective mastercrafted items to craft the grandmaster ones, it's not required for Wolven gear.
Not a complaint, just an observation.

I think devs made high level Wolven gear obtainable easily for people who don't want to do the armor quests. There is also a mastercrafted Wolven chest armor that you can loot from somewhere. I forgot where it was but I looted it. I'm 100% sure.

e-ahmet;n9219901 said:
I think devs made high level Wolven gear obtainable easily for people who don't want to do the armor quests. There is also a mastercrafted Wolven chest armor that you can loot from somewhere. I forgot where it was but I looted it. I'm 100% sure.

That can be found during "Witcher's Forge" quest.

Anyhooo... I never paid attention to that crafting detail, since I never used Wolven armor myself. But if this is really the case, then it brings a bit of comfort to those who couldn't get all Wolf diagrams during the main game and collect all those previous parts. That quest seems to be bugged for many players (and that's why there's also a letter of apology). If this "solution" was intentional or not, I don't have any idea.

The bugs are still in 1.31? I got the game at 1.31 version and haven't seen any quest bugs. I've seen some goofy shit like people or Geralt getting buried to the ground knee-deep a couple of times or Roach's back hooves galloping in the air when going down a slope but that's basically it. The latter looks really funny if you've seen that.

e-ahmet;n9222101 said:
The bugs are still in 1.31? I got the game at 1.31 version and haven't seen any quest bugs. I've seen some goofy shit like people or Geralt getting buried to the ground knee-deep a couple of times or Roach's back hooves galloping in the air when going down a slope but that's basically it. The latter looks really funny if you've seen that.

It's still possible to bork quests here and there by doing things "creatively". And there are a few lingering issues that will affect everyone and just can't be sorted. When dealing with anything involving NG+ specifically, it's possible for all sorts of issues to arise, especially when reaching the highest levels.

On the whole, though, I've had a 99% issue-free playthrough on 1.31 so far. Almost done with the main quest and heading into HoS and B&W. No major hiccups.

I just finiished the Upgrade Hunt 1 for the Wolven gear on my second play though, and the diagrams are not showing up on the crafter in any city. I have the Enhanced Legendary Wolven Boots, Chest, Steel and Silver sword, but the Trousers and Gloves did not have en enhanced version on the crafter.

I just finiished the Upgrade Hunt 1 for the Wolven gear on my second play though, and the diagrams are not showing up on the crafter in any city. I have the Enhanced Legendary Wolven Boots, Chest, Steel and Silver sword, but the Trousers and Gloves did not have en enhanced version on the crafter.
Having the same issue, so annoying as its the second time through tired of going through this now and I haven't even had the chance to play the expansion packs as I wanted the gear

It's because the Wolven gear was free DLC, so they didn't want to lock players out of the GM gear by having you require a DLC item to craft it.

It's very helpful, because the Wolven gear, by virtue of being DLC, has quite a few tricky chests to find. They're not as straightforward to find than the others, because it made the content more interesting for people who had beaten the game already. If you just want the GM set, you can skip the other levels.

I would have kept the requirement, myself, but I understand why CDPR did it the way it is.

There is a bug with the Wolf gear basic level that cannot be fixed so those affected can't craft any of the higher level wolf gears because of the dependencies. Making the Grandmaster level directly available sort of solves the above issue so actually I would be said if the current behaviour were to change,

Top Bottom