Graphic bug/ bugged textures

+
So hey guys,
I didn't play Witcher for few months and this happened. I started game few weeks ago i saw that my hair is bugged... Just turned off Nvidia hairworks and it was normal again.. So i went to play again, completed some quests then went to my vineyard and i saw it.. Bugged textures like grass and dirt. I didn't pay much attention to it, but now it started to annoy me a lot. I think that Geralt doesn't like it either, because having legs half in dirt isn't very nice. So i am here seeking some help. I tried to verify my files and even reinstall game, but it didn't help. In attached files you can see bugged hair and bugged textures
I have my Witcher on Steam.
I am using Win 10
Hardware shouldn't be my problem, but anyway here is what i use:
GPU: Sapphire Vega 56 8GB
CPU: Ryzen 1600X

Attachments

• bug1.jpg
    bug1.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 144
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 141
  • bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 140
  • bug4.jpg
    bug4.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 140
Hey there. First off, are you using any mods? If not, it may be a simple case of data corruption. If you're using GOG Galaxy, or Steam, try verifying/repairing the game.

I don't use any mods.
I play witcher on steam.
I again tried verifiying game files, but it didn't help again.
I have newest GPU drivers.
Any other tip?

Hm, you could also try an older version of your gpu driver. New Nvidia drivers are known to cause some issues in certain cases, perhaps it‘s similar with AMD cards.

Did you change anything else on your computer since the last you were able to play it without technical difficulties?

I don't use any mods.

Did you ever use any in the past? Even if they are removed now, they could have permanently affected your save-state.

I have newest GPU drivers.

Try rolling back, instead. Perhaps to a version from late 2017 or early 2018.
(Oup! -- Ninja'ed! @devivre :p)

Any other tip?

It looks like it could be LoD not culling / drawing in correctly. Did you recently make any changes to your PC? Move the game directory perhaps? Update Windows? Etc.

I'll drop in to throw in something I found: those images look somewhat similar to this old thread, although your issue seems more extreme.
In that other user's case the issue was caused by changing tessellation settings. If you've changed yours, resetting them could be worth a try.
So yes, you were right.I had exactly same problem as the guy in the old thread. It was my fault. Few months ago I changed my driver settings to get little more fps and it corrupted the game somehow. It was tessellation mode that did it.
Anyway, big thanks for your time guys, you saved me.
Once again thanks for your time

Top Bottom