Graphic Downgrade with every Patch on PC

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly the future patches will bring in some better visuals. Unless that's not what CDPR meant by "perceived level of quality" in their investors meeting.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I agree that texture and poly popin was made worse (too close) by previous patches. I don't think it looks "bad" but, having seen it look *better* before, it is extremely annoying and it would be nice if they found a way to restore the original performance for more powerful machines.
Off course it does not look bad. This kind of badly streaming issue its found in every game.
When I played Death Stranding, RDR2, Watch Dogs Legion, Doom Eternal textures were also loading only 2-3 meter far away. Its something normal. :facepalm:

textures were also loading only 2-3 meter far away
They key is finding balance between performance and fidelity. If it's a small keypad you need to view up-close just to see the numbers having a general outline of buttons >3m is perfectly fine. If a bulky object several centimetres across puny 19" screen pops-in out of thin air, it'll stand out like a sore thumb:
So Developers can either dynamically compensate settings for every possible resolution, screen size, viewing distance by careful calculation or give players the freedom to do it them-self.

As for zooming, IMHO that's a no issue. It has been that way in every game and while people hope for it to improve, they already expect it. OTOH narrow FOV = less stuff to render, means technically one could add more detail to view without tanking FPS as long as they can load up the resources fast enough. AFAIK other games get around this with various tricks, like scope blurring or blacking out and focusing in and limiting camera movement speed when zoomed, so you don't pan across whole city before the resources are loaded.

They key is finding balance between performance and fidelity. If it's a small keypad you need to view up-close just to see the numbers having a general outline of buttons >3m is perfectly fine. If a bulky object several centimetres across puny 19" screen pops-in out of thin air, it'll stand out like a sore thumb:
So Developers can either dynamically compensate settings for every possible resolution, screen size, viewing distance by careful calculation or give players the freedom to do it them-self.

As for zooming, IMHO that's a no issue. It has been that way in every game and while people hope for it to improve, they already expect it. OTOH narrow FOV = less stuff to render, means technically one could add more detail to view without tanking FPS as long as they can load up the resources fast enough. AFAIK other games get around this with various tricks, like scope blurring or blacking out and focusing in and limiting camera movement speed when zoomed, so you don't pan across whole city before the resources are loaded.
I was ironic. Off course there were no texture streaming in real time on NPCs and cars and world in those games. I never seen such bad texture streaming in all my gaming life. Seeing faceless NPCS, very log polygons cars 30m away. ITs just ridiculous.
There is no balance to be made. The game performs sub 30, even 20 FPS on 1080p everything low/off for me.

Huh weird. Are you sure it's graphics and not something else is bottle-necking? I get 60..75+ fps on High-Ultra with 1660S, but my main complaint is inconsistent fidelity. It's kinda like the uncanny valley effect - when most of the game looks so good that one blotchy monster morphing into car right in front of you breaks it all apart. Like that one moldy spot on perfect sand-witch.

Huh weird. Are you sure it's graphics and not something else is bottle-necking? I get 60..75+ fps on High-Ultra with 1660S, but my main complaint is inconsistent fidelity. It's kinda like the uncanny valley effect - when most of the game looks so good that one blotchy monster morphing into car right in front of you breaks it all apart. Like that one moldy spot on perfect sand-witch.
I don't know. It(the game) may not like first Ryzen CPUs or 4GB VRAM video cards or a combo of both.
There is a 25 FPS difference between 1660S and RX 580 8GB. I should get >30 FPS at least with RX 580 4GB.

I should get >30 FPS at least with RX 580 4GB.
Only if you don't use high settings, which should include the Texture Quality.
The system requirements advice the Low preset for less than 6 GB video memory.
Even medium settings could be too much to ask.

Did you try to check your GPU's vram health with GPU-Z ?

BTW Apparently it's possible that mods poison the save files, so issues stay active after the mods have been removed manually or validated by GOG/Steam. I'm currently testing it by reinstalling the game...
CyberpunkReinstall.png

This thread seems to have become highly non-constructive and repetitive, plus some posts have been getting personal. There is no real value to be found here anymore; the thread mostly serves as a place for complaining about the game in general, and also for off-topic complaints.

Additionally, please keep in mind that posting the same things, especially non-constructive complaints, over and over again can certainly be considered spam and therefore a rule violation.

Thread closed.

This is actually insane, but out if pure curiosity i re-downloaded the LAUNCH version of the game (1.03), and to my surprise, everything is so much better? Graphics are better, it runs slightly better, certain areas feel more polished. I swear im seeing different, more unique NPC's. Sure, there are a couple small bugs where in the release version they are fixed, like sound and wierd npc ai bugs, but the game feels SO much better (on PC). There are bugs the current version (1.23) like missing icons, vendor bugs, and quickhacking bugs, that ARE NOT in the release version of the game.... WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom