Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: There's a good possibility that this picture was rendered on ultra. Here's a texture comparison between the grass from that picture and the ones from PAX/35 min.

Top one is 35 min
Middle is from 'ultra' screenshot (link)
bottom is PAX

By the same logic, the following picture should also be representative of Ultra :

^^ I can see tesselation on the bricks, maybe HairWorks on Geralt's hair?

Nevermind.

Last edited:
I'm new here but I don't get this discussion. All the images I've seen are excellent including the facebook images.

I'm new here but I don't get this discussion. All the images I've seen are excellent including the facebook images.

We're not denying that some scenes are good looking. However there are signs of downgrade if you compare footage from late 2013/early 2014 to everything that was released this year... E.g. The trailers from E3 2013/SoD had many effects that are nowhere to be seen in the footages shown at PAX/GDC, like volumetric clouds, particle effects, etc. Some ingame assets like vegetation/foliage seem to have a lower resolution. And of course the reduced draw distance makes terrible scenery (just look at PAX near the end)

Last edited:
I can't. The character models look plastic as well. Ironically the only good-looking thing in that image is the grass.

That that isn't the most flattering screenshot. I don't see any tessellation either.
Also, do we know what Hairworks is going to work on? Are horses going to have some fuzz going on? Are NPCs going to have fabulous hair flowing in the wind?

I can't. The character models look plastic as well. Ironically the only good-looking thing in that image is the grass.

Same for me. Must be a matter of taste. I don´t get this new art style. To colorfuel, to clean, to bright in contrast. Not my cup of tea at all. I hope I can do something about it by changing gamma, adding some filters and so on. This is not the world of the Witcher as I grew to like it since 2007 anymore.

Last edited:
Same for me. Must be a matter of taste. I don´t get this new art style. To colorfuel, to clean, to bright in contrast. Not my cup of tea at all. I hope I can do something about it by changing gamma, adding some filters and so on. This is not the world of the Witcher as I grow to like it since 2007 anymore.

I agree...
too much colors,it looks like a cartoon...
It would have been awesome if the game has realistic art style...
I don't understand why they took that direction

We're not denying that some scenes are good looking. However there are signs of downgrade if you compare footage from late 2013/early 2014 to everything that was released this year... E.g. The trailers from E3 2013/SoD had many effects that are nowhere to be seen in the footages shown at PAX/GDC, like volumetric clouds, particle effects, etc. Some ingame assets like vegetation/foliage seem to have a lower resolution. And of course the reduced draw distance makes terrible scenery (just look at PAX near the end)
Yes however as many of you do are comparing pics of DIFFERENT areas of the game and many of the latest pics are of the console build. Most of the pics on facebook appear to be at least high/uber and maybe ultra/uber pc settings. Also if certain aspects of the game ie volumetric clouds forced to heavy a draw they would alter it so everyone can play it.

Just tweak your TV, monitor, PC version of the game, etc, its so simple.

Ay, just turn down the gamma, if you want it darker.

Incidentally, I was on a walk the other day in the woods near my home, and, even on an overcast day, the colours of the natural world can be quite vivid. Cities, and the various other works of Man, can be drab and colourless, but nature usually manages to be stunningly colourful. The world of The Witcher is a mediaeval world, not subject to the same intensity of the dulling effects of our modern industries. It does not surprise me that such a environment would be more vivid than our own, and I applaud CD Projekt Red for their work in rendering that fantastic glimpse of another world. And it is fantasy, after all.

Last edited:
Ay, just turn down the gamma, if you want it darker.

Incidentally, I was on a walk the other day in the woods near my home, and, even on an overcast day, the colours of the natural world can be quite vivid. Cities, and the various other works of Man, can be drab and colourless, but nature usually manages to be stunningly colourful. The world of The Witcher is a mediaeval world, not subject to the same intensity of the dulling effects of our modern industries. It does not surprise me that such a environment would be more vivid than our own, and I applaud CD Projekt Red for their work in rendering that fantastic glimpse of another world. And it is fantasy, after all.

Bloth, is that you?

Oh yeah, and downgrade. I'm OT!

I agree...
too much colors,it looks like a cartoon...
It would have been awesome if the game has realistic art style...
I don't understand why they took that direction

This happened also in Gothic 3
first 2 games had quite a gritty look and 3 gone full colors

madders tried to fix this
simple gamma correction wont fix this

Well this for example. http://imgur.com/a/QMFub#GDFT6SV
Bottom screen is obviously XboxOne and second two different areas of the game and two different enemies and could it also be that the power evolves as your character does?

That's on PC high. Same thing for the 35 min. gameplay footage and GDC footage. There aren't any screenshots of xbox/ps4 and the quality is apparently noticeably worse (from interviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom