Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture is a huge blast from the past. Took me right back to the first game. Now I want to see more.

Did I hear not enough bloom?

I got you

Oh yeah! That is totally what I wished for!.... :p

Reminds me of early 360 games.

Certainly looks a lot more promising than the PAX footage from the same area.

However the lighting still seem to appear too flat for my liking, like the rest of the later screenshots released.

I usually dislike the effect but I feel some slight bloom would do wonders to give everything a slightly more "hazy/glowy" look. As this game now appears to have too little bloom... Damn, I never thought I would say that.

It's cloudy weather, so there's no direct sunlight, but a very diffuse light. Ever looked out the window on a cloudy day? You get that kind of light. It seems to me that the main gripe some people have with the lighting is that it is too realistic...

It's cloudy weather, so there's no direct sunlight, but a very diffuse light. Ever looked out the window on a cloudy day? You get that kind of light. It seems to me that the main gripe some people have with the lighting is that it is too realistic...

It's not only that image I'm referring to but most of them that have been released since January, including those with bright sunlight.

For example this early image has what I have been missing.

Just ever so slight haze/bloom. It is always present in The Witcher 2 for example no matter the weather conditions.

It's not only that image I'm referring to but most of them that have been released since January, including those with bright sunlight.

For example this early image has what I have been missing.

Just ever so slight haze/bloom. It is always present in The Witcher 2 for example no matter the weather conditions.
This one is so gorgeous I could hang it on a wall as a painting. Well done CDPR

Pff.. Yeah, totally better than this :facepalm:

The actual skybox is the same quality.

What you're probably annoyed about there is the lack of Semi-Volumetric Clouds. Which has been started multiple times, we aren't sure if they're still in or not and they will probably still be dependant on variables like TOD, Weather and somewhat random anyway.

There's absolutely no reason why the location the 4K screen was taken would have semi-volumetric clouds in it.

There's absolutely no reason why the location the 4K screen was taken would have semi-volumetric clouds in it.
Sure! Genius! Why the hell we must demonstrate ultra settings (4k - its meant ubersampling - one of the core features of Ultra preset) without ultra settings themself :comeatmebro:

Last edited:
Sure! Genius! Why the hell we must demonstrate ultra settings (4k - its meant ubersampling - one of the core features of Ultra preset) without ultra settins themself

Has absolutely nothing to do with that.

It has to do with the fact that the location wouldn't facilitate those clouds. They'll generally be around mountains, cliffs etc. The kind of environment/location in that 4K screenshot is very, very likely not a location that would ever have semi-volumetric clouds near it.

C'mon man, this is basic stuff. It's getting really hard to respond calmly, and kind without resorting to obscenities or straight-up insults when the point is just so clear, and so basic.

Sure! Genius! Why the hell we must demonstrate ultra settings (4k - its meant ubersampling - one of the core features of Ultra preset) without ultra settins themself :comeatmebro:

That 4k would have to be downscaled to a lower res for it to be considered ubersampling, DSR, brute force antialiasing, etc.

4k in itself is not "ubersampling".

The kind of environment/location in that 4K screenshot is very, very likely not a location that would ever have semi-volumetric clouds near it.
So, u want to say, that semi-volumetric cloud will be only a few locations? Other one - what? Static clouds? What a nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom