Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Referring to the latest 4K screenshot) This is how The Witcher 3 looks with ultra details.

I'm sorry but that screenshot looks exactly like in the recent footage on YT. Ultra is not the prophet that was promised.

So much for that nonsense.

I've actually seen stuff like that with HBAO or HBAO+

Who knows might be wrong on it. But maybe HBAO+ was cut out. Game was supposed to have it but then again it was supposed to have a lot of things.

Last edited:
Inject it right into my GTX970 veins!

Also I have doubts about that screenie being ultra because it has haloing around Geralt's legs, HBAO+ does not do that SSAO does.

I wondered what that 'haloing' was. I thought it was a feature implemented by CDPR to make Geralt/NPCs stand out from the static surroundings a tad more. :/

This aura in geralts boots was all over his body in The Witcher 2.. I hope we don't have to play with it on The Witcher 3....
Plus I haven't met this awful thing on other games. For example I play Star Citizen (pre alpha) which uses Cryengine 3 but this thing was not existed even in Cryengine 2 or 1....
So please CDPR don't let this aura pass to Gold.

I've actually seen stuff like that with HBAO or HBAO+
A little halo might occasionally happen in HBAO+ I've seen it happen myself but it's momentary at best, but I have never seen HBAO+ do overshadowing due to inaccuracy and low sample count, SSAO does, it's extremely evident in Witcher 2.

This aura in geralts boots was all over his body in The Witcher 2..
It's a limitation of the technology, CDPR cannot do anything about it except make sure it's well implemented and that it was in Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Google did a satisfactory job so far. I think a couple of German-speaking forum members are aware, so it wont be long. :)

EDIT: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rticles-2015?p=1570621&viewfull=1#post1570621

Great news all round!

All the more reason to show ultra ahead of release.

The case for not doing it is becoming harder and harder to advocate. The fact they had a reporter playing on the highest settings and then writing effusively about it strikes me as preparing the ground and leads me to believe the footage is now eminent.

yes but it has downsides. it has trouble interacting with other tiles when texturing, which is especially noticeable when it meets any edge, so it can only really be used on flat surfaces and not near the edge of a surface where the illusion can be broken. it can be used lightly but also has trouble layering, you cant really place a paralax texture over another parallax texture, the blend would look appalling and terrain blend textures all the time, it was in the GDC presentation slides in 2014. that said I think arma 2 used parallax mapping for some textures in its world and it looked ok.

They sould just use parallax, or better yet tesselation for the brick and stone walls, those look horribly flat.

Getting 60 fps on ultra settings with a GTX 980 is freaking excellent news. Optimization works miracles.
That might even give them the freedom to push the textures a tiny bit further as well if they wanted to :D

Getting 60 fps on ultra settings with a GTX 980 is freaking excellent news. Optimization works miracles.
That might even give them the freedom to push the textures a tiny bit further as well if they wanted to :D

Well I'll be damned. That's great news indeed. Maybe my lowly 660 will now survive the encounter after all.

New ss looks good but i hate chromatic aberration. Seriously, Dying Light, Alien isolation and now Witcher 3?!? It's like bloom all over again.

So, I will be able to get the fidelity on that screenshot with my 970, with a decent FPS?.. I physically started drooling :D Give me the game now! Also, they mention barely noticable bugs... In an open-world game this size... I said before that even if they publish the game with a relatively small amount of bugs, that by itself will revolutionize the open-world RPGs; because I wasn't expecting it. Well, call me impressed then :)

Some of the "optimisation" may only have been switching from development platform to release candidate code. There are often significant overheads with debug, logging and editor tools active.

I'm sorry but that screenshot looks exactly like in the recent footage on YT. Ultra is not the prophet that was promised.

So much for that nonsense.

4k doesn't mean max setting people. I don't know where he heard that but I d like confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom