Graphic downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must understand this, fact is that the game now does not come close to the old footage no matter what excuses you can come up with. Until I see it looking close to the same I'll keep saying it has infact been downgraded.

Yeahhh sure, we are all here to make excuses for you, to make you happy, so you would buy the game, that is exactly what is going on. The man said to you those are screenshots taken at the right moment. The end. But I tell you what, if you are so sure that CDPR is cheating on us, downgrading the game, in spite of numerous evidence that the game looks great, than dont buy it, say I wont be cheated by them and dont play game at all. Be strong and good luck ;)

i think the older screenshots are from the pc version on max settings and then after that they have been only showing console footage or pc footage with the same graphical level as the consoles.

I remember @Marcin Momot confirming that most of the screens were taken on ultra settings. It wasn't like first they were releasing ultra and then stopped to do so for sake of "visual parity" or whatever. And I am absolutely sure there were no console materials released, all comes from a PC (apart from a short gameplay from Xbox One).
I understand that "not showing ultra settings" refers to gameplay mostly.

Since I'll be playing on PS4 I'm not so interested in the discussion regarding the max settings, but honestly I wouldn't believe the quality of early materials will be achievable in game. I understand most of the stuff we got recently is compressed, but clearly it is not only the difference of the compression. Just look at the grass which is so talked about - initially there was much bigger variety of grass models and textures.

some aspects in the game may indeed look better, as Badowski promises (like character models), but overall - while no doubt looking great - it will not feature this CGI quality it used to have (this is how i would compare old and new materials - initially I had an impression I was looking at a cinematic and now I see "only" a game).

Last edited:
In my opinion I think the SOD trailer is made up of 100% cgi cut scenes and none of it were infact actual gameplay footage. Final game was never meant to look like that. It will however look like the E3 demo and most likely better.

That's what I think and I am sticking with it.

I remember @Marcin Momot confirming that most of the screens were taken on ultra settings

but the dev in the gdc conference said they wont show ultra until after the game launches, i just think people are over-reacting and the game will/can look like the sword of destiny trailer or even the famitsu screenies that were posted a few months ago, you will just need to have a beast rig to run on those settings.

but the dev in the gdc conference said they wont show ultra until after the game launches, i just think people are over-reacting and the game will/can look like the sword of destiny trailer or even the famitsu screenies that were posted a few months ago, you will just need to have a beast rig to run on those settings.

First of all, Devs' statements very often contradict each other. And I am sure @Marcin Momot said screens are from ultra. He is the guy from the PR team I think, so at least that he should know well.

Damien Monnier who was speaking @ GDC conference on the other hand was surprised to find out no PS4 footage was released, so that confirms his knowledge regarding the materials we got quite well. Therefore I will stay convinced "no ultra" is only about the gameplay footage.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't hope that all the screens you don't really like are not taken on ultra settings.

First of all, Devs' statements very often contradict each other. And I am sure @Marcin Momot said screens are from ultra. He is the guy from the PR team I think, so at least that he should know well.

Damien Monnier who was speaking @ GDC conference on the other hand was surprised to find out no PS4 footage was released, so that confirms his knowledge regarding the materials we got quite well. Therefore I will stay convinced "no ultra" is only about the gameplay footage.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't hope that all the screens you don't really like are not taken on ultra settings.

i never said anything about me not liking the screenshots, i actually like what i have been seeing, even though i do see some difference between the older and newer screenshots, i dont think those graphics will ever be able to make it to the consoles, with pc we have mods and can make the game look like just the way it was shown earlier.

dark souls 2 is a great example, with mods the game looks exactly the same as the e3 trailer that was first shown.so im sure witcher 3 will also be the same, even though i dont think we will need mods though, because devs have been saying again and again the game WILL look like the sword of destiny trailer when it will be released, we will just have to be patient.

Famitsu yes easily, SoD trailer no way.

never said anything about me not liking the screenshots

That about not liking the screens was a remark of a general nature, I wasn't referring directly to you. I just had an impression that some hope the difference between old and new materials is only due to the fact that for some reason they had stopped releasing screenshots taken on ultra settings.

As for the consoles I hope for something close to 35 min gameplay, but we will see.

Last edited:
Isn't this just the entire discussion over again? I think that if people would just read a few posts/pages back before they would post, we wouldn't be nearing 200 pages in this thread.

It's the same discussion, now just with new participants.

Isn't this just the entire discussion over again? I think that if people would just read a few posts/pages back before they would post, we wouldn't be nearing 200 pages in this thread.

Round the Merry go round we go until May 19th then the butt hurts will really begin. =)

Hi

I really like the graphics, but I think it could go further.

It's just an opinion, I see the problem

Not only participate in this thread

Hi

I really like the graphics, but I think it could go further.

It's just an opinion, I see the problem

Not only participate in this thread

I think I understand you, it's just that we have had countless of discussions about screenshots, trailers and comparisons of those screenshots and trailers in this thread and the original downgrade thread.

And after 400 pages of discussion, even with new material, we keep coming back to the same starting point. The same screenshots and video's being compared over and over again. So even with new material the discussion never ends. Which means one thing, in my mind. Wait till the game is out, yet that is something that has been said to many people over and over again (in those same 400 pages), so I feel that with that comment I and others just help this thread turning round again.
View attachment 11526
Now we know what the Ouroboros symbol was doing in The Witcher 2.

Attachments

• 5182ba071937c.jpg
    5182ba071937c.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 56
I think I understand you, it's just that we have had countless of discussions about screenshots, trailers and comparisons of those screenshots and trailers in this thread and the original downgrade thread.

And after 400 pages of discussion, even with new material, we keep coming back to the same starting point. The same screenshots and video's being compared over and over again. So even with new material the discussion never ends. Which means one thing, in my mind. Wait till the game is out, yet that is something that has been said to many people over and over again (in those same 400 pages), so I feel that with that comment I and others just help this thread turning round again.

Now we know what the Ouroboros symbol was doing in The Witcher 2.

No problem, I will try endure the comparisons. XD

I think we've reached that time again...

Everyone who wanted to give feedback based on the last rounds of videos and screenshots seems to have done so. Some opinions have changed, some have stayed the same, but we seem to have reached the point where no new discussion is happening.

As previously, this doesn't necessarily mean the discussion is closed. As new information comes in, you are welcome to raise the topic again if you still have concerns.

There was quite a lot of discussion related to personal opinions and preferences in artistic style rather than what could strictly be described as "downgrade". There is another thread on that topic here if anyone wishes to continue discussing it:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-True-Grit-or-Disneyland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom