Graphic Engine Question

+
it would be nice if it was besides graphics should improve in 2 years. heck hardware advances every three months. The only thing that would the in game development are those crappy console ports.

Looks that way. Depending on the rig you run, maybe even more awesome. A jacked-up PC two years from now with a game from the people that gave us Witcher 2..oh yes. I will be saving for this one.

I'l also pick it up on PS4, because I did that for DEHR and DEHR was barely cyberpunk.

YES IT WAS WISDOM. Your disappointment not withstanding.

wow that amazing so the actual game is just going to be as awesome as the trailer. Wow

I'm highly skeptical of that happening. I say this knowing TW2 is one of the best looking games ever made, but the teaser is pre-rendered CGI and boasts clarity and detail that's probably impossible with real time rendering. I'd love to be proven wrong in two years. We'll see.

Looks that way. Depending on the rig you run, maybe even more awesome. A jacked-up PC two years from now with a game from the people that gave us Witcher 2..oh yes. I will be saving for this one.

I'l also pick it up on PS4, because I did that for DEHR and DEHR was barely cyberpunk.

YES IT WAS WISDOM. Your disappointment not withstanding.

Oh it was a little cyberpunk, it just wasn't CYBERPUNK at all.

Hmmm. HMM. No, it wasn't. I mean, I played a solo working for a corporate in a future beset by conspiracies and treachery with a hacker as my ally and flying around in a VTOL craft. I was borged to the gills and so were many of my opponents.

And yet.

And yet.

It was and it really wasn't CYBERPUNK. I wonder why? I don't think it was the lack of free-roam, I don't care much about that. It obviously wasn't the lack of cyber and as a rebellious corporate solo, there was even an element of screw-you punk to your character. My Jensen certainly took Sarif and anyone else to task for their bullshit and, in general, tried to keep his soul intact.

So why -wasn't- it CYBERPUNK? Hmm.

Hmmm. HMM. No, it wasn't. I mean, I played a solo working for a corporate in a future beset by conspiracies and treachery with a hacker as my ally and flying around in a VTOL craft. I was borged to the gills and so were many of my opponents.

And yet.

And yet.

It was and it really wasn't CYBERPUNK. I wonder why? I don't think it was the lack of free-roam, I don't care much about that. It obviously wasn't the lack of cyber and as a rebellious corporate solo, there was even an element of screw-you punk to your character. My Jensen certainly took Sarif and anyone else to task for their bullshit and, in general, tried to keep his soul intact.

So why -wasn't- it CYBERPUNK? Hmm.

Lack of any real choice, lack of any real consequence. Your cyber had no real adverse effects on you, regardless of the hype leading up to the game (the ads for Deus Ex were monstrously CYBERPUNK, another reason the game was such a disappointment to me). And outside the mission, there just wasn;t anything going on... the people in the streets never felt like anything more than window dressing. No one was listening to music... there was never anything, at all, going on outside the scope of the story... the whole thing was just very dead and plastic. There was never any real sense of reward, or even a hint of possible justification for the dangers you were facing... it was just go here, do this, with no regard for anything greater than the rails of the story... The gangs didn't do anything, the cops didn;t do anything, the corporatiosn didn;t do anything... it was all just.... sterile...

Yeah, that's not it for me. A) I don't agree, I felt like I had real choice in many situations and real consequences, too. B)All video games feel pretty sterile and like I said, free-form is just wider rails.

No, it's, hmm. I dunno. Lack of grit? Lack of doom? I didn't feel like a low-life? Or have a real sense that somewhere we'd strayed and tech had replaced our humanity? Maybe that was it. I shall think on it.

I shall clarify: choice or lack thereof isn't a specifically CYBERPUNK thing for me - it's common to most good RPG style games. Same for lifelike NPCs and danger justification, etc.

And I felt DEHR had all those to a sufficient degree. It just didn't feel like Cyberpunk to me is all.

Something about DX:HR

Something about DX:HR

Not sure who's stalking whom at the moment, but either way, get a room, guys!

can we expect samaritan (unreal engine) level graphics?

Well, you can get an idea of what they were doing back in 2011 from the Witcher 2 graphics, and you can get an idea of what they're doing in 2014 from the screenshots for TW3 (but they're still working on the renderer, so it's WIP)

On where they'll be for CP77, we'll just need to wait and see. You can definitely expect it to be good (assuming they fix the overdone bloom).

Hurtful, Dragon, just hurtful. We already got a room but Wisdom insists on being Top. Plus, I'm pretty sure he likes you better.

Did you see the line about skin shaders and dynamic lighting being much more advanced? Did you get REALLY EXCITED without knowing what he meant?

Top Bottom