Graphic glitch in every screen that includes letters-mostly in options and journal screen

+
Hello, i recently purchased the game from steam. Installed it and launched the game fine. But when i went into options to customize the graphics etc, the first screen i saw was like the photo that i am gonna post here. In game dialogues are 95% fine, i have some glitches like other letters appearing behind the dialogues but i can manage. My big problem is when i open the journal . Most quests are almost unreadable so i cant progress easily to the game. Same goes for upgrading talents etc. I tried to lower the graphics, run the game with different compatibilities like xp, vista, but nothing changed. Performed check on files from steam option, still nothing. I also uninstalled the game , and reinstalled it and run the dxsetup from the installed files but nothing changed. My pc is brand new with Ryzen 5 3600 and a Pulse Rx 5700. I bought all Witcher games and want to play them in order but with this problem i cant enjoy the first one. I would apreciate it, if you could help on how to solve this
Options image: https://ibb.co/wRz0YbL , Journal Image: https://ibb.co/pPFYBKc

Last edited:
No, i didnt install anything other than the installation that steam did. The screenshot you see in the options was like that after the first install without me changing anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstaling the game but its the same.

Disabling the steam overlay might be worth a try. I did some quick internet research and found that someone solved a similar issue that way.

Also you could check out this steam thread:

Thanks for the answer, i am gonna try it and i hope it works. As i see in the steam comments other people with 5700 series have the same problem, so its probably something from amds side thats causing the problem
Post automatically merged:

Update, the solution that was suggested in the link that you provided worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the help. Now i can enjoy the whole story of the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom