Graphical Downgrade Cont.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was running on a Titan and it was still choppy. What don't you people get? No one is keeping anything from you, this is the best they can do to make the game playable.
You missed the point, this is about CDPR potentially lying about what the game was gonna look like. I don't care if the game has 2d graphics as long as I am not fed bullshots and markedly different graphics in trailers first. This is about false representation, no one gives a shit about graphics for their own sake over here.

Last edited:
I think the developers said once that to make better performance, they render only the nearest objects with full details. like in this video.
[video=youtube_share;-i8K5M98eME]http://youtu.be/-i8K5M98eME[/video]
BTW in last interview José Teixeira says the graphic now is way better than in those demos we saw: http://youtu.be/z86B-_-0cbs

I closed the previous thread because it had just become a shitflinging contest. If this one goes that route this will share the same fate. So anyone who's gonna post here, post something of quality and be more constructive instead of what was seen in the last thread.

Than I will reopen with my original argument. When we don't have a production schedule in front of us, and we don't know what stage of development those areas where taken from than how the hell do we decide if anything has been downgraded? For all we know the sword of destiny trailer, or some of those shots are actually newer than the E3 footage is presently at. My second argument is simple as well even if they have had to reduce some of the effects to get the running better than isn't that better than having it look ok, but performing terribly on consoles, or having prohibitively expensive PC requirements?

Without the whole tweaking stuff that should (and undoubtedly will) take place during the next months there is absolutely no way that the game could possibly run smooth on highest settings - no matter the hardware.
I think, CDPR had exactly two options: a) They show the most beautiful version of the game, completely with all high resolution textures, AA and post processing stuff I don't even know about. Well, no doubt it would look absolutely fantastic, but I'm pretty sure it would be pretty much unplayable because of unpredictable sudden framedrops and lags. Or...
b) They downgrade the graphics to a point at which they can be sure it will run smoothly and without any serious performance cuts.
Considered that a rather smooth gameplay is much more important for the actual purpose of these presentations than to blow people away with beautiful freeze frames, I'm pretty sure CDPR chose option b). And considered graphics I'm pretty sure there is still more to come; don't ever underestimate the power of optimization.
You are taking a lot of assumptions to explain the downgrade, but those don't mean much until you have evidence to back up your claim. Remember, the devs said the game was running at max settings, they never even implied that the graphics had been gimped for the demo because of stability.

Like I said, no one cares about graphics, so it's irrelevant what mods can or can not do; it's about misrepresentation of the game in screenshots and trailers.

And he said the graphics were already outdated, and thus not representative of what the final version will look like.
Indeed, I am confident graphics will be improved, especially when taking into account the fact that optimizations and improvements in this department is done until the very last second before game release. So that's 6 months of hard work, a lot of time to improve stuff.

Also, at this stage, high quality is the MAX SETTING because no ultra or uber quality mode exists at this point..
I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, do you have a source?

Last edited:
Maybe he means the max settings on this build because Peter already mentioned the ultra preset isn't ready because all the stuff isn't implemented yet. It's in his eurogamer interview go check.

Ah, wasn't aware of that.

Adding a gif comparison as been posted by @auros123 in the previous thread:

Earlier footage: http://gfycat.com/AgileWebbedGhostshrimp
Current footage: http://gfycat.com/FrightenedSneakyHornbill

Earlier footage: http://gfycat.com/PlayfulWellgroomedGallowaycow
Current footage: http://gfycat.com/AnguishedAlertFawn

Tech demo footage: http://gfycat.com/SoupyWaterloggedJanenschia.

I am sad to say but the new footage we are seeing is what the final game will look like, the earlier footage is something they WANTED to go for but ps4 and xboxone cannot do so therefore they will compromise the PC version as well. I've seen it happen like this all the time with games, example watch dogs. The ultra settings with physX enabled will NOT look as good as the earlier videos, sorry guys. I am still going to buy it, I still think it looks great but it has been downgraded.

Tell me what genius do you base this assertion off of? Assumptions? Pre Production footage? Just pulling it out of your ass?

I've seen it happen too many times with games to believe we are "magically" going to get something that looks a lot better than the gamescom/e3 demos. It's a bunch of BS they are feeding us that the final game will look "much" better and it will be similar to the earlier videos we have seen. It's all a crock and just a hype train, watch when the final game is released, it will look more like the gamescom/e3 demos than the earlier videos we have seen.

Let me also add about people bringing up the "ground burning" thing... in the interview with Jose the interviewer mentioned the ground was burning due to the Igni effects so it didn't get "downgraded" it just didn't happen to be in this scene I guess, maybe it takes till till that starts.

I've seen it happen too many times with games to believe we are "magically" going to get something that looks a lot better than the gamescom/e3 demos. It's a bunch of BS they are feeding us that the final game will look "much" better and it will be similar to the earlier videos we have seen. It's all a crock and just a hype train, watch when the final game is released, it will look more like the gamescom/e3 demos than the earlier videos we have seen.
Witcher 2 looked 100x better than the E3 footage.

Frame rate in new 35 minutes video isnt stable. no matter what they say I am positive they down some graphical settings just to make it run better. Also what would be the reason to downgrade PC version.. they know people want the game to look amazing.

You haven't tracked many games before release than have you? Did you see how much the Witcher 2 improved before the final version? Ever track god of War 3 before its release at just how staggering of an improvement the final game was?

I've read the whole previous thread and this one. Indeed there are differences. We can't be sure why though. It could be different settings for presenting smooth gameplay, different hardware, still unpolished parts of the game and many other things. There is always a difference between promo shots and actual gameplay. Having said that, I have faith that all will be fine. I can't imagine why a company like CDPR would take back words. Would it be nice if a red came to clear that up? Sure it would. Does the game still look pretty? Sure it does.

Do I personally care about that? No, not at all. I do not want to go off topic here, but I just came back from a thread asking for support and options for people with visual deficiencies ( you can read it here : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/31433-Request-for-Witcher-Dev-Team ). Said options have already been implemented in the game. They have done more than enough to give us a great gaming experience. We asked for more, they gave us more. Although they were not obliged to, they postponed release by a year to polish the game and fix whatever needed fixing, instead of releasing an incomplete game full of errors and patch it up later. They try their best, don't be too harsh on them, have a little faith and don't judge until gameplay tagged NOT Work In Progress can be watched.

The least we can do is wait until someone INSIDE the project talks to us. Instead of comparing games and companies, being oooh so sure of lies, downgrading, fire and doom, alien invasions, volcanic eruptions, Wild Hunt sights, Elder God appearances etc etc.

You missed the point, this is about CDPR potentially lying about what the game was gonna look like. I don't care if the game has 2d graphics as long as I am not fed bullshots and markedly different graphics in trailers first. This is about false representation, no one gives a shit about graphics for their own sake over here.

Lets think about this logically...

If CDPR actually wanted to deceive you, do you think they would be providing footage, 35minutes of footage, 6 months before the game is out? If you think this is malicious then you need to cancel your preorder... and hurry becase you only have ~180 days left!

Edit: Comment redacted. Don't want this thread getting locked up as well over some excuse about rudeness.

Moderator: The moderators do not look for pretexts or excuses to delete posts or close threads for "rudeness". The moderators act when forum members have as a matter of fact, and plainly according to a reasonable reading of what was posted determined that members are acting rudely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom