**Computer Type**: Desktop PC

**GPU**: XFX R9 390

**CPU**: i5 4690K stock clock no boost

**Motherboard**: ASRock H97M Pro4 LGA 1150

**RAM**: Ballistix DDR3 1600 /12gb

**PSU**: Rosewill 750 Bronze

**Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393**

**GPU Drivers**:

16.8.2/ Tried numerous versions all the way back to 15 series. (2015 pre-crimson)

**Chipset Drivers**: Bios P1.90

**Background Applications**:

N/A Steam/Uplay/Origin/GOG

**Description of Problem**:
I've noticed some games I play have graphical errors, corrupt textures and geometry. Far Cry 3/4, The Witcher 3, Max Payne 3 had geometry and graphical errors, I haven't noticed anything to extreme in other games. Mostly like plants, grass, trees floating above the ground, holes in the ground and geometry errors, walking through geometry.

Forgot to take pictures... Try to visualize. :/

I see a lot of people have this problem. I've clean/registry cleaned, re-installed games, drivers, except for the OS. x_x

Example 1: http://imgur.com/a/b2xCx

Example 2: http://imgur.com/a/XW6cs

A lot of clipping issues like that, as well as floating objects, particularly grass tiles and other objects. Same in Far Cry and Max Payne.

**Troubleshooting**:

Re-installed Drivers, Direct X, Games, Redists, as well as trying various versions. Haven't formatted yet. x_x

This can be caused by many different things, but the fact that you're seeing the same behavior in several games is curious.

1.) Where are you downloading your drivers from?

2.) What are the following settings on your system set to:
Resolution?
Refresh Rate?
Vsync (in Catalyst Control Center)?

3.) Are you using any overclocking for any part of your system?

4.) What doesn "N/A Steam/Uplay/Origin/GOG" mean? One of them must be running, even if offline, for the game to be working.

5.) Have you tried verifying / validating the installation yet?

This can be caused by many different things, but the fact that you're seeing the same behavior in several games is curious.

1.) Where are you downloading your drivers from?

2.) What are the following settings on your system set to:
Resolution?
Refresh Rate?
Vsync (in Catalyst Control Center)?

3.) Are you using any overclocking for any part of your system?

4.) What doesn "N/A Steam/Uplay/Origin/GOG" mean? One of them must be running, even if offline, for the game to be working.

5.) Have you tried verifying / validating the installation yet?

Downloading drivers from offical sources only. AMD from AMD.com or through software update. I do a full uninstall and registry clean then install the new drivers.

Resolution 1080p, Refresh 144hz, Vsync off with Freesync on.

Turned off all overclocks and boosts, glitches continued.

N/A mean't no applications were running, sorry. Steam/Uplay/Origin/GOG were Online while per whichever game was being played.

Re-installed all of them. It really only persisted with The Witcher, it would stop or happen off and on with Max Payne 3 if I restarted the game and changed API's.

Come to think of it in Max Payne 3 it only seemed to have problems with DX11 in 144hz, it was a known issue. Playing in 120hz was fine though.

Uninstalled, validated, registry/driver cleaned.

Done everything be reformat. I don't have any disc partition space to temporary boot up a clean install on a small partition to test games as some suggested. :/

Reformatting is pretty nuclear... But I may do it next weekend.

I would recommend taking the PC into a reliable shop before spending time reformatting and reinstalling. There's not too much I can offer here until more is known about the cause. Because the problem is the same across several titles, it certainly sounds like a hardware issue, which means reformatting will only cost you time (and lifespan if you're using an SSD).

You can try sending the issue into CDPR Support if you wish, but I imagine they'll say much the same.

I'll pass on the shop, it's not a macintosh. I'm sure it's a API bug... It was only consistent with the Witcher 3 now. My other games seem to be running fine.

I'll try and trigger the glitch in Max Payne 3.

dasft

Try the Catalyst Control Panel, use 3d application settings adding The Witcher 3.

Use tessellation mode, choose override the application settings, improving the tessellation level.

It may change this ground too high or the holes.

Alright, then. I'm all for do-it-yourself whenever possible!

I'll just toss this in one more time to make myself feel better: If a PC is powering down on its own, it's almost invariably a hardware issue. If that goes on for too long, you run the risk of damaging very expensive components, corrupting data, and possibly starting a fire. I would take precautions if I was going to work on it myself -- especially if running it with the case open.

Top Bottom