Graphics and Audio Thread

+
Witcher 2 Sweet FX for Witcher 3?

Is there any? I haven't seen or heard or google any to my knowledge.

Thanks

Is there any? I haven't seen or heard or google any to my knowledge.

Thanks

The SweetFX/ReShade that I've found which gets W3 the closest to W2's aesthetic is - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/241/?

Personally I still keep off the Bloom/Sharpening/DoF/Film Grain, and I had to muck around with my Gamma a little or else the blacks were a bit too dark, but after trying multiple different ReShade profiles I feel like it's the closest you can get.

Otherwise there's tons of other Profiles to find here - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=4

The SweetFX/ReShade that I've found which gets W3 the closest to W2's aesthetic is - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/241/?

Personally I still keep off the Bloom/Sharpening/DoF/Film Grain, and I had to muck around with my Gamma a little or else the blacks were a bit too dark, but after trying multiple different ReShade profiles I feel like it's the closest you can get.

Otherwise there's tons of other Profiles to find here - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=4

Thanks Vigilance but it still look nothing like Witcher 2 Sweet FX. I know they have a fantasy Sweet FX but even that is still not what I'm looking for. I'm surprise no one has made it yet. I do like the cartoon look of the Witcher 2 with it vibrant color a lot.

They even had a Witcher 2 Sweet FX for Skyrim and it make Skyrim much more enjoyable to look at and play in so I'm still shock that there isn't one for Witcher 3.

Apart from vehemently objecting to the use of the word "Cartoon" when referring to Witcher 2's aesthetic, can't really do anything else, especially if it doesn't exist.

You could always just go for it and give it a shot yourself :) SweetFX / ReShade isn't that hard to manually use/adjust, just lots of trial and error as you slowly tweak the values to get the look you want, and it sounds like you're after something very, very specific.

Other than that, you can almost be guaranteed that once the Redkit comes out there'll be people trying to adjust the game (With proper tools) to look more like what it did back in the VGX 2013 Trailer. Which had lighting and an aesthetic that felt more similar to TW2, so give it some time (Could be awhile though) and I'd wager that'll come about.

Apart from vehemently objecting to the use of the word "Cartoon" when referring to Witcher 2's aesthetic, can't really do anything else, especially if it doesn't exist.

You could always just go for it and give it a shot yourself :) SweetFX / ReShade isn't that hard to manually use/adjust, just lots of trial and error as you slowly tweak the values to get the look you want, and it sounds like you're after something very, very specific.

Other than that, you can almost be guaranteed that once the Redkit comes out there'll be people trying to adjust the game (With proper tools) to look more like what it did back in the VGX 2013 Trailer. Which had lighting and an aesthetic that felt more similar to TW2, so give it some time (Could be awhile though) and I'd wager that'll come about.

Does Sharpening from the Reshade/SFX presets compare to the in game sharpening? Is it as...well...sharp?

Does Sharpening from the Reshade/SFX presets compare to the in game sharpening? Is it as...well...sharp?

I've seen comments that it's not quite as intense, it's a little softer and "nicer", but personally I haven't tried Lumasharpen, I always flick it off since I really don't like the sharpening effect (I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone can stand the in-game high preset, makes my eyes bleed).

I've seen comments that it's not quite as intense, it's a little softer and "nicer", but personally I haven't tried Lumasharpen, I always flick it off since I really don't like the sharpening effect (I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone can stand the in-game high preset, makes my eyes bleed).

T.T I'm in love with sharpening, especially on high, it makes everything look so much crispier and "realistic". Judging by people's comments though, I must have an eye/brain condition :p

Reason I'm asking is, in cutscenes/dialogue, sharpening is disabled by default, was hoping to alleviate this by using a 3rd party preset.

After patch 1.08 the game began to freeze every 3 minutes. I always thought that patches should make the game better. I've never been so wrong.

I've had diminishing problems with crashes lately. About two weeks of active play without a crash recently. This may reflect optimized settings for my video card on top of specs at the recommended level. There are a few audio problems you should attend to. Most of the narrations with splash screens have low audio energy compared to the rest of the game. Also the loading screens go on a lot longer than necessary. Most of the transitions in game were seamless, and the game overall deserves GAME OF THE YEAR status imo.

Regarding TW3 Music and its subconscious effect during gameplay

Imho, while the music was brilliantly composed and performed, the unfortunate thing about it is the fact that much of it is played in exactly the same key.

I can certainly understand why this is the case, as music segues from piece to piece depending on what the player does and overlapping music in different keys can cause an undesired jumble of dissonance, however the downside to this is the subconscious effect it has on the player, particularly during exploration.

Part of the art of music and its effect on the mind is how the notes travel over the spectrum of melody and harmonic combinations. It obviously has the power to generate subtle emotion, evoke feelings and creates an atmosphere as you travel around the world.

Even though each piece is unique and varies in complexity as it evolves, because it dances around one key, (whether in Velen, Novigrad, Skellige and all of the tavern music) the ear becomes bored, as the mind desires change, a movement in tone, contrast, thereby creating the undesired effect of "dragging on".

There are posts scattered around regarding "music too loud" (which sometimes happens) or requests for "adding music" or "too many loops"- and after my own personal experience of partial boredom during extended exploration, I understood that the core of the issue was actually the lack of diversity in the primary key all the pieces are played in. My ears yearned for change.

The one saving grace was the fact that the game compensates for it with an incredible amount of rich content. That is of course a big one, certainly justifying all of the awards TW3 has received. However had the music been more key-diverse, it would have made exploration far more interesting and atmospheric, and less "monotone".

Had I been able to mod the music, I probably would have added select (very select and subtle) pieces from previous Witcher games to improve the atmosphere of exploration. Either that, or experiment with manipulating the existing music in such a way where the key does change, taking care that there would be little dissonance during overlapping moments.

Hello)
Please, upgrade texture for high and ultra settings. In general, the texture look nice, but some objects environment (stones, some walls, foliage) looks really blurry.Thank you for your attention, I hope you listen to my request)

Toussaint music inspiration ?

:)

(this traditionnal style of choir is called Kan Ha Diskan, that song is a "gavotte", a traditionnal somehow peasant dance. It's from little brittany folk music - I always pictured Toussaint as more or less french, because of the 'ou' and 'ain' sounds in its name)

Last edited:
Just need to increase the volume of the videos to match the game sound. Maybe the devs should try to tweak and improve occulsion mapping. Looks backdated tbh

I guess what I'm about to suggest applies as an audio suggestion. Witcher 3 is an immersive RPG. And yet there's a tiny little thing that ruins a huge chunk of the immersion - namely voiced NPC random chatter. It's repetative as hell. Even during the 1st playthrough it gets repetative. And I'm on my 3rd. It makes no sense to hear the same dialogue all over again. I assume voicing 10x more dialogues would be costly. So please CDPR, limit the generic dialogue so it can only be heard once. Replace it with some crowd noise and it will be much better than hearing about the mouse poop in some peasant's bread in Novigrad or about someone having to pass through the Redania-controlled bridge from Velen for the 50th time. Thanks.

I hope this wasnt asked before.
Does its possible that we could have a possibility to choose the intro music in the future ?
I prefer the old intro music than the new one :)

Continue your good work,

Regards.

The game looks great for the most part, but there are a few inconsistencies which I feel completely ruin the look of the game. At the moment, even on Ultra PC settings the building LOD is horrendous! Like literally worse than games like Skyrim or Fallout 3. I mean take a look at these images below, all of the buildings are within about 40m range of geralt but they look like carboard cutouts:

Please, please add an LOD slider to the PC version. Please let PC players who have PCs that can handle higher building LOD, actually able to do so.

Hey, @Marcin Momot, can you help me? I really don't know who to adress my question or request about a soudn I've definitively missed in all the swamps, lakes and rivers of TW3: frogs and toads sounds when the sun has gone...

Do you mind to tell this detail to the proper department or responsable of blackground FX's?

Thank you very much

Hey, @Marcin Momot, can you help me? I really don't know who to adress my question or request about a soudn I've definitively missed in all the swamps, lakes and rivers of TW3: frogs and toads sounds when the sun has gone...

Do you mind to tell this detail to the proper department or responsable of blackground FX's?

Thank you very much

For all technical inquiries, please contact our tech support via thewitcher.com/support.

CDPR - Suggestions for Graphics settings

I get it - CDPR tries really hard to come to the rescue of people playing the game on all manner of PC hardware configurations, a lot of which simply can't handle the game as it was intended.

The problem I have with all the culling and pruning is that the game suffers for it, even on Ultra settings!
This is really unfair to people who really value visual quality.

So I want to propose this to you, CDPR developers:

Please add new "Uber" settings, which would be one step up from Ultra, to get rid of the horrible texture pop-ins and streaming issues, etc. that has been plaguing the game for so long.
Restore the game to it's full glory for those people who have invested hard earned money into getting quality PC components. Because you (should) get what you pay for, right?
I do not believe this to be a disservice to people who play on console and low end PC's. They are already getting the best for their hardware.
But this really should be no reason to nerf the game's visuals like it has been done.

It is frustrating and often unsuccessful to have to fiddle around with config values of which we do not have sufficient knowledge, in order to make the game look better.

Please consider this. You guys are listening to fans playing on console, low-end PCs, mid-range PC's... now please also accommodate high-end PC owners.
Because not everyone cares about 60FPS. I believe a lot of us care about a smooth running game that looks as good as it was intended.

When are we going to get some official fixes for

The crafting tabs being open all the time? Making Geralts moments more precise and graceful would be welcome too, because he is much like a bumbling fucking idiot in combat than a legendary swordsman.

Top Bottom