Graphics and Audio Thread

+
Graphics and Audio Thread

Here it is: THE Place to put all your hopes and dreams for EVEN BETTER graphics. Or audio. Voice mods! Whatever.

This includes ENB stuff, Sweetfx stuff and any visual or aural requests or modifications that change those aspects of Wild Hunt's gameplay.

Hi. First post to this thread is from MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Anyway. I think it would be good if somebody can remove the light from the camera. When camera is rotating we can see light reflection on Geralt's armor. In dark places and in caves the atmosphere destroys. The best cave lighting was in SOD trailer. 2nd in 35 min demo. Now when we enter into cave green light illuminate everythig. In 35 min demo when Geralt went into dark area in cave the shadow effected to Geralt and we couldnt see him in dark areas. But now we can see him even in dark areas. And it is atmosphere breaking.

Something that has bugged me since way back, in the first game. And I've never thought to mention it on the forum before.

Geralt's eyes are always mentioned on how they glow in the dark, like a cat's eyes. Yet, they never actually do, in any of the games.

It would be pretty sweet if they actually did in fact glow like they're supposed to, when you're in dark places. Eye glow maps plz? lol.

Last edited:
Ca'ts eyes do not "glow" in the dark, but reflect light in certain angles of incidence. When there is no light, there is no reflection, so this would not work in really dark places. The effect is called eyeshine, it is caused by a feature called tapedum lucidum. If geralt's eyes would reflect light from any sources, you would not really notice it while playing, because you mostly look at him from behind. But it would be nice to have. Also i am all for more visible potion effects. The eyeshine would be briliant as a visible effect from the "cat" potion.

Ca'ts eyes do not "glow" in the dark, but reflect light in certain angles of incidence. When there is no light, there is no reflection, so this would not work in really dark places. The effect is called eyeshine, it is caused by a feature called tapedum lucidum. If geralt's eyes would reflect light from any sources, you would not really notice it while playing, because you mostly look at him from behind. But it would be nice to have. Also i am all for more visible potion effects. The eyeshine would be briliant as a visible effect from the "cat" potion.

sigh..

You knew exactly what I meant. Not to mention, I said like a cat's eye, nowhere does it say he has bloody cat's eyes. That's just often used as a reference for how his eyes look... if you want to get all wannabe wiki. We're talking about a fantastical, magically enhanced mutant. Not a cat.

Translated into graphical terms, it's a glowmap for the eyes under certain situations that's required. My point still stands. It doesn't happen.

Instead of picking it apart for literal meanings, maybe post your own bloody suggestion...

Last edited:
Something that has bugged me since way back, in the first game. And I've never thought to mention it on the forum before.

Geralt's eyes are always mentioned on how they glow in the dark, like a cat's eyes. Yet, they never actually do, in any of the games.

It would be pretty sweet if they actually did in fact glow like they're supposed to, when you're in dark places. Eye glow maps plz? lol.
don't you think also the cateye potion effect sux? just to see whitish in the dark? come on-.-

I want to turn shadows off so the game will run on my dilapidated p.o.s.

Please make that happen.

Hi, some sound effects (like sword clashing sound) are not played during combat... is there anyone having similar problems?

Ambiance music some times is to loud and doesn't let the dialogue have the impact it should have, I like most of the songs but peronally find the cellos music in Vellen very depressing, I switch it off, but when combat is triggered then I have to connect it again, maybe just not have it playing all the time put some silence when you are travelling in the world

Need an additional "Subtitles" option that only shows subtitles when NPC's are speaking another language (such as Elder Speech). This is common in other games and has spoiled us.

Agreed.. every time there's a cutscene I find myself reading the subtitles at the bottom rather than looking at the faces. An option to turn off subtitles on all cutscenes would be great. But like you say, only have them show when the language is unkown

---------- Updated at 08:56 AM ----------

Ambiance music some times is to loud and doesn't let the dialogue have the impact it should have, I like most of the songs but peronally find the cellos music in Vellen very depressing, I switch it off, but when combat is triggered then I have to connect it again, maybe just not have it playing all the time put some silence when you are travelling in the world

You can turn down the music in options/audio, I set mine to 25/100 so its like subtle background music. There are times when the music actually does stop for about 2-3 mins and goes silent.. and then slowly comes back in. Im finding the sound effects like wind, crackling etc aren't always heard (could be a bug), and all I hear is geralts footsteps. But then it will come back after a few mins, its weird. Im starting to think it could be delibrate on the dev's part, it gives the game a silent eeriness which I kinda like

Is the draw distance still locked?

Is there a way of customizing the fog?
I'm thinking of using the mods installer batch scripts to actually make specific changes to the weather. But the numbers don't have any definition of what they are, or what they're doing.

This includes ENB stuff

There won't be an ENB profile for Witcher 3... :(

At the moment I'm playing to finish (trying to finish all quests and encounters) and then I"m not touching the game until something worthwhile is done to the graphics (or the 1st Expansion hits since I already bought the season pass when I pre-ordered the fricking game like a month before release).

A friends of mine and even I have a the same problem with the subtitles, the voice and the gestures of the characters that are mismatched. The subtitles appears first then the voice and finally the gestures Someone knows if it is a configuration problem or a game crash and if it is the first one how to fix it and if it is the second I will like to know if it will be fix with the next pc game patch the 1.07

Last edited:
It's funny how most people seems to focus on the lightning, while what really kills my immersion graphically is the water.
What's interresting about the water is that it doesn't seem to be due to the 2013-2015 renderer switch. Why ? Because even in the 2015 trailer, even in the CURRENT video that is displaying in the background of the official site right now, water still looks great.
But without a doubt, it's not the same water we have ingame. If you doubt, ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V962NMUXp6A . To be honest The final water looks barely passable. In most places, it looks totally flat and oily. Even in open sea during bad weather, it' feels pretty tame ... and still oily.

So, unlike the lightning, the water was a very last-second change. I'm a bit currious about what happened ... what didn't work with the trailer-render, is it a completly different renderer that replaced it, of just some tweaks ...

But more that that, I'd really like to know if I can hope for a real change to water with a future patch. And if not, could a mod improve it a bit. I think it would feel better if only thre wave height was a bit higher. I'd like the lake water to feel no so flat, and the ocean to feel like it has REAL wave.

I think it would feel better if only the wave height was a bit higher
Did you try in the user.settings file(in your documents folder\the witcher 3) to add GlobalOceanTesselationFactor=512? The waves get greater, you can see it better in storms. Also try WaterGeometry =10, it should improve water

So is this the real graphics thread then? :coffee:

CDPR, we really need REDKit before the expansions are out. Don't make the same mistake you did with TW2.

And on another note, in case you guys are actually looking at feedback:
The sharpening may have gone too far in a few places, but I (among other people) was a huge fan of this look:

It has a really dark, but vibrant/ glossy feel to it, I just fucking love it.

The graphics in this video are also something that many people were hoping to see in their PC version of the Witcher 3. This is also where the complaints about the colours started coming in. People said that it looks too colourful and doesn't fit the tone of the game.

The footage above was already considered to be downgraded back then. Now that the game is out, we can't even reach that level of fidelity. :turned:

So is this the real graphics thread then? :coffee:

CDPR, we really need REDKit before the expansions are out. Don't make the same mistake you did with TW2.

And on another note, in case you guys are actually looking at feedback:
The sharpening may have gone too far in a few places, but I (among other people) was a huge fan of this look:

It has a really dark, but vibrant/ glossy feel to it, I just fucking love it.

The graphics in this video are also something that many people were hoping to see in their PC version of the Witcher 3. This is also where the complaints about the colours started coming in. People said that it looks too colourful and doesn't fit the tone of the game.

The footage above was already considered to be downgraded back then. Now that the game is out, we can't even reach that level of fidelity. :turned:
you are just killing yourself, dreaming on what can't ever happen:cry: and also killing our heart :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom