Graphics and Audio Thread

+
Water graphics need huge improvements. It is basically flat and uninteresting... Waves need to be added along with ripples when it is raining.

As far as I've seen 99.9% graphic mods, suites, UBERfx, whathaveyou are just Reshade presets.
Only exception is the Cutscene lighting mod, which looks relatively GREAT, but has not been fixed yet in regards to the weather bugs.

I'm using that coupled with a SunBroFX reshade (kinda heavy). But it looks great.
Because all is locked, we need the redkit. I use perfect vision and prophets presets, alternatively, as the day turns :D

Appears to me CDPR is hoping for people doing the job by themselves. Once Redkit is released there will be hopefully a mass of mods coming out, CDPR doesnt need to do anything but developing a good modkit for users and modders alike, once thats done they just have to wait.
Instead of implementing new effects they should focus on releasing Redkit, except of course the options in Redkit are very limited which would be a shame. In that case ENB would be our only hope.

Appears to me CDPR is hoping for people doing the job by themselves. Once Redkit is released there will be hopefully a mass of mods coming out, CDPR doesnt need to do anything but developing a good modkit for users and modders alike, once thats done they just have to wait.
Instead of implementing new effects they should focus on releasing Redkit, except of course the options in Redkit are very limited which would be a shame. In that case ENB would be our only hope.

In case you haven't noticed the whole Witcher 3 buzz is dying down rapidly. In today's news are: Batman's crappy port which Rocksteady supposedly outsourced to someone (the game is locked at 30 fps on PC, missing textures, rain effects etc.), Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront.

I bet that RedKit won't be released until all the Expansions (the latest of which is due in early 2016) are out and I think you can surmise yourself how relevant The Witcher 3 will be by then. Plus I don't think RedKit is capable of bringing back ALL the effects that were cut out.

Well theres still some hope they will release it in the near future, but youre right, after the initial buzz about the game things have silenced down. Been a long time since Ive seen any articles in the video game media. If they dont hurry up the games modding community is gonna be dead by then or most people will have switched to other games.
Maybe expansions will raise attention to the game again, thats pretty much the only chance redkit has got if they dont release it in the next 2 or so months.

2013:

VS my game with advanced ini tweaks and cutscene lighting, as good as it can get, sorry couldn't embed because GFY embedding is broken here.

http://viking.gfycat.com/MadeupFormalBighornedsheep#?speed=0.55

PLEASE
DO
SOMETHING
ABOUT
THE
LOD

Last edited:
By the way did anybody see these locations in the game? Particularly thу 2nd one with Geralt & Roach on the cliff overlooking Kaer Morhen. Or has they've been too cut out?

Attachments

• reWalls.com-73889.jpg
    reWalls.com-73889.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 35
  • The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Kaer_Morhen.jpg
    The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Kaer_Morhen.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 44
the cliff was probably just a quick compositional setup, cant find it anywhere ingame.

I've got that screenshot as my desktop picture. That's a goddamn shame and really false advertising. When I looked at that pic I always thought how cool that would be to ride to that location. But yeah, sure the game is open-world. Yeah, right.

I'd like to have a Photo Mode in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. I'd like to continue to take some great screenshots but Cheat Engine is not working anymore and the debugger console/camera movement mod is a bit difficult to use. At least for me.

Not sure if this belongs here: is there a mod that 'tones down' the tunnel-vision of the Witcher Sense ability in this game? I find it's a bit too much for my liking. I'd love it if there was none of the intense 'focus' effect at all and just keep the relevant clues highlighted in red.

Not sure if this belongs here: is there a mod that 'tones down' the tunnel-vision of the Witcher Sense ability in this game? I find it's a bit too much for my liking. I'd love it if there was none of the intense 'focus' effect at all and just keep the relevant clues highlighted in red.

Hi Tangsta

You can manually add this line to your user cfg, under [Gameplay]

[Gameplay]
MotionSicknessFocusMode=true

It will get rid of the blurred edges.

Please, add a realistic colour palette.

I don't like the pastel/Fable palette of the game. I prefer the pre-release more realistic palette. Can you add an option for this, at least on PC?

I know there are mods for this, but I don't want to be forced to use mods for a thing already in the game, in the past.

for a thing already in the game, in the past.

It's not something still in the game, it doesn't exist. They don't have that old 2013 build set of colours, lighting, artstyle etc, that they can just throw in a menu option and boom it's back.

This is one of those situations where I guess you're totally welcome to place it as a suggestion, but realistically it just isn't going to happen (The work involved would be astronomical, and it'd be all just for PC, which would likely be seen as a massive waste of time). Your best bet is using SweetFX/ReShade for now, and/or waiting for Modding Tools as I have no doubt there'll be some kind of "VGX/Debut Project" that'll be kickstarted once the Redkit releases, with people trying to find a way to mimic the look of those old trailers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom