Graphics and Audio Thread

+
Please add new "Uber" settings, which would be one step up from Ultra, to get rid of the horrible texture pop-ins and streaming issues, etc. that has been plaguing the game for so long.
Restore the game to it's full glory for those people who have invested hard earned money into getting quality PC components. Because you (should) get what you pay for, right?
I do not believe this to be a disservice to people who play on console and low end PC's. They are already getting the best for their hardware.
But this really should be no reason to nerf the game's visuals like it has been done.

The problem is that many of these "nerfs" for better console performance are baked into the maps (e.g. what distance some static object will pop-in at, whether a particular light source casts shadows, etc.), so it is not easy to make them configurable in the settings.

The problem is that many of these "nerfs" for better console performance are baked into the maps (e.g. what distance some static object will pop-in at, whether a particular light source casts shadows, etc.), so it is not easy to make them configurable in the settings.

If a single guy can create a completely new lighting system for Witcher 3 using nothing but the most basic modding tools provided by CDPR, I really don't see how this will be a problem for the developers.

Some visual improvement ideas for the next patch

Hey CD Project,

Through some mods the visual experience has improved a lot, so I thought i collect some ideas in hope that the next patches will bring some of these things..

- Make water riples from the Aard effect last longer in the water

- Give alternate Aard the same riple effect on the water

- Give Igni some wind effect + increase the particles from alternative Igni

- Increase the chance of blood pools in the water to 75 - 100% and let them last for at least a minute

- Give Roach some dust / snow particles under her feet when riding on roads or through the snow (seen in earlier VGX trailer)

Last edited:
Sound suggestion

I'd like to be able to turn off the (standard, constant) background music, while keeping the contextual music on eg - the battle music etc.

Add something like this armor) Please :)

Attachments

• geralt_of_rivia_by_bathorygen-d77oftn.jpg
    geralt_of_rivia_by_bathorygen-d77oftn.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 95
  • iiKV2HUU3aw.jpg
    iiKV2HUU3aw.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 60
It requires HEAVY improvement from vanilla graphics, its needs a major texture, effects, lighting overhaul.

And this, as with the post above it, is an expression of an opinion. Which means that there's no argument. You think one thing, he thinks something else.

So if anyone is thinking of continuing with a "Yes it is, no it isn't" argument here, don't.

GPUOpen

Hello CDPR, can you guys consider looking into this amd's open source tech? It would be great to see TressFX implemented in this game, since it has an open source code it could be much less hardware taxing than Hairworks, especially for amd users.

Any new technology introduction into this game would have to have an acceptable return on investment. Simply being an open-source product is no indicator of such. AMD would have to provide support comparable to that which nVidia provided and AMD did not. And even then, the cost of implementation has to be paid back in predictable additional sales.

Early adopters have to break trail rather than follow the proven success of others.

Last edited:
It would be really good to see both these techs in the game, like an enhanced edition feature or as a free dlc. Thank you for the answer btw.

AMD tech in any game I play would be great. Last game I even bothered with that had Tressfx was fucking Tomb Raider.

Depends on the tech.

TresFX is basically completely superior to Hairworks.
But Nvidia HBAO + is teh shit.

Still depends on the other solutions.

I really want increased draw distance and for the graphics to be "undowngraded". The game looks great but it's a big shame to see the E3 videos and get the game and notice that the graphics don't look near as nice and in some areas, it really shows.

I absolutely HATE that effect. I didn't buy this game that's supposed to have these great graphics only for me to have see in stupid black and white when I want to see in the dark!

Because of this I usually don't even use the potion in dark caves and instead use a torch, though lately the flaming sword effects on the AMM mod brighten things up nicely, so I just let my flaming sword light the way.

My suggestion is to make the option to reduce the trees and grass to the minimum.

My game runs on average at 10-15 FPS without doing that.
But I meddled with the user.config file and achieved 30 FPs which is very playable.

My Specs are:
i3 Core 2.1 Ghz Dual Core
450 Nvidia GTS
4 GB of Ram
500 GB of memory on Hard Drive

I consider that if I could run Witcher 2 on medium to high with no problems - Witcher 3 should not be a problem either. I even remember a interviews from 2014 about that.

Please support lower end PC's!

Give more options for low and ultra low settings

Currently there are many people who cannot play Witcher 3, though it was promised 2 years ago that everyone who could mostly run Witcher 2 - will be able to play Witcher 3 as well in some interview.

That is the case with me, but the FPS is really botched down by some features I wish to be seen in the graphics settings.
The trick is that I can tweak them myself in the user.config file but in order to make the game not overwrite it I need to make it read only. I really, really hope that it's possible to support those low end PC's and those of us who want to experience Witcher 3 while also not having the funds for the newest PC by simply giving plain tools such as allow to disable grass like in the old games, make simple shadows on short distances, give some simpler textures etc. etc.

A lot of the above can be done manually and the worst that Witcher 3 can look like is this: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/247/?

Don't understand me the wrong way - that doesn't mean to *downgrade* the graphics as some people insinuate (though honestly I think that's going to be resolved in the future anyway).
But, if it's possible to disable shadows and grass - why limit it to those who need it?
That still means that those who want to - can play with great looking grass later on.

Basically like Gothic 1. I don't need it to look quite like that, but I'm pretty certain that stuff like the maximum view distance are important things to allow a high level of customization. Not everyone is in a rich country to buy a new PC every few years.
When Witcher 3 gets to the Enhanced Edition release. Please, kindly don't forget about the poorer playerbase CD Projekt.
Thank you for making The Witcher trilogy possible. I've been with you since the beggining. Best of luck and Happy 2016!
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I was wondering if it would be possible to implement the Dynamic resolution scaling found on the Xbox One onto the PC version? This feature would be quite nice as Witcher 3 has a quite large difference between needed GPU power in different areas. For example running on Ultra settings( no hairworks) capped at 60FPS my GPU isn't often 100% utilized. Average utilization is somewhere close to 50-60% which means I have the headroom to push the resolution to 1440p at most times. But when entering more demanding areas( some areas in Skellige for example) the playability would suffer as the framerate would drop. The scaling would of course introduce inconsisteny in the experience in form of a reduced resolution but which I at least find more acceptable than FPS drops.

Scaling could also be useful on less powerful systems in the same way as the Xbox One uses it.

I don't have a clue how hard it would be to carry this feature over from the Xbox but I think it would give great flexibility to the user.

Please, upgrade the texture of the walls, stones and other environment objects. Beсause it's f*****g shame, guys :hurt:

Attachments

• 8KEM0kYJtfg.jpg
    8KEM0kYJtfg.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom