Graphics and Audio Thread

+
First of all hi to everyone, I'm new here :) and sorry for my bad english (I'm italian)

...probably I come too late, but these are my suggestions:

-to start a "real" antialiasing filter, like SSAA that is compatible with any engine (basically SSAA is a downsampling...). I know, it's heavy in terms of performance but no one force you to turn it on...just a great plus for those that have high end machines. Shader AA not work so well for me, and I still see a lot of aliasing, specially in the wooden bridges :/

-better water rendering: looks like oil/gel right now, not like water at all...onestly it's one of the worst water rendering I've seen in years, specially at night :/ (please, please not offence CDP!)

-a"foggy rain"effect like TW1&2. I really miss this effect, it was very...atmospheric :p

- better lod in terms of shadow and texture detail distance, I'm tired to see fine detail (in the wall for example) and shadow suddenly come up when i walk, specially in the cities
I agree with the aliasing all over the place, and DSR seems to be the only viable solution to removing it. DSR completely removes aliasing in all areas, specially at resolutions near 4K.
I also completely agree on a better water rendering. I'm not gripped to the water in TW3 at all. It looks and feels like gel. Heck, even the water in TW2 looked better.

I ALSO AGREE on a foggy rain effect like the one in TW1&2. I felt the gripping atmosphere when it started raining in TW2, very specially in the Flotsam woods at night.

Graphics in Blood and Wine (judging by the screenshots) is awesome! I hope upgrade will apply to all locations :smile:

First of all hi to everyone, I'm new here :) and sorry for my bad english (I'm italian)

...probably I come too late, but these are my suggestions:

-to start a "real" antialiasing filter, like SSAA that is compatible with any engine (basically SSAA is a downsampling...). I know, it's heavy in terms of performance but no one force you to turn it on...just a great plus for those that have high end machines. Shader AA not work so well for me, and I still see a lot of aliasing, specially in the wooden bridges :/

-better water rendering: looks like oil/gel right now, not like water at all...onestly it's one of the worst water rendering I've seen in years, specially at night :/ (please, please not offence CDP!)

-a"foggy rain"effect like TW1&2. I really miss this effect, it was very...atmospheric :p

- better lod in terms of shadow and texture detail distance, I'm tired to see fine detail (in the wall for example) and shadow suddenly come up when i walk, specially in the cities

Signed 100%! I was just about to post this exact request! For me, the biggest graphical problems in the Witcher 3 are definitely the water (it's the worst water in any AAA game by far) and the LoD.

The LoD is probably a result of the slow streaming of the engine and won't be improved unfortunately. Red Engine 3 is decent, but it's no top tier engine by a long shot. I hope they continue to update it, as it doesn't really cut the mustard for delivering high amounts of detail.

And the water....oh God! The water shader is atrocious, and as you rightly said, looks more like oil/gel; although I prefer to compare it to mercury. It needs more translucency for it to look like actual water.

I agree with the aliasing all over the place, and DSR seems to be the only viable solution to removing it. DSR completely removes aliasing in all areas, specially at resolutions near 4K.
I also completely agree on a better water rendering. I'm not gripped to the water in TW3 at all. It looks and feels like gel. Heck, even the water in TW2 looked better.

I ALSO AGREE on a foggy rain effect like the one in TW1&2. I felt the gripping atmosphere when it started raining in TW2, very specially in the Flotsam woods at night.

Signed 100%! I was just about to post this exact request! For me, the biggest graphical problems in the Witcher 3 are definitely the water (it's the worst water in any AAA game by far) and the LoD.

The LoD is probably a result of the slow streaming of the engine and won't be improved unfortunately. Red Engine 3 is decent, but it's no top tier engine by a long shot. I hope they continue to update it, as it doesn't really cut the mustard for delivering high amounts of detail.

And the water....oh God! The water shader is atrocious, and as you rightly said, looks more like oil/gel; although I prefer to compare it to mercury. It needs more translucency for it to look like actual water.
:cheers2:

Graphics in Blood and Wine (judging by the screenshots) is awesome! I hope upgrade will apply to all locations :smile:
It's been said that only Region of Toussaint will have improved graphics/lighting and the older regions will not be affected. Sorry

E3 graphics

Im on my third playthrough of the witcher 3 right now and i came back to watch some E3 videos and the graphics actually looked a lot better back then not like now its not one of most good looking games today but why cd projekt red didnt release at least some time of free dlc just to make the graphics like they where in E3 only for high end pc

there are some mods that try to give the gam that "E3" look, you could try them, anyway you should just find a graphical configuration you like and just stay with it and forget about the illusive E3 look, for it is impossible to recreate, and it's very unlikely cdpr will mk dlc to give the game that graphics, the expansion blood and win is the last content

Yep true but they are probably going to still update the game and i know about the mods i have already installed the lighting mod but its not even near E3

Please, just add a FOV SLIDER. People with ultrawide monitors need it because Geralt looks far away. I need it to move the camera back from Geralt a little so I don;t get motion sickness.

Hi. Please dear CDPR can you upgrade graphic in game like Blood and wine? Please! :D I have gtx 970 and i5 4460 and still getting lags in novigrad and i have ultra - high graphic and hairworks off :/ I think if you uprgrade graphic its can be more friendly. I bought a 970 just for witcher 3 and i still getting drops. Sorry for my english. (btw) all drivers latest.

Last edited:
After returning to Witcher 3 for the DLCs, I've realized, how quiet Novigrad is. If there are no close dialogues or sound effect triggered, it is as if there was no town. On the one hand you see a buzzing metropole. But on the other hand you hear only a few guys and their swear words.
Could you put in some athmosphere sound that depictures the backround of a loud, lively and working metropole?

By the way; I'm playing the german version. Is the english one different?

Last edited:
Dynamic Quen effect looked amazing in the trailers before the game's release. With it, quen shield leaves trace behind like fireflies as you move around. Combined with lightening reflection on the armor, this particularly favored sign among players would seem extreamly authentic.

Last edited:
does any one know how to turn off the horrible edges that appeared with the graphics in 1.21? Sharpening postprocessing setting no longer regulates this.

[Console User] Can you please get rid of that sound it makes when quen gets activated? I mean that very low "drum sound(?)" just before light saber sound haha
Doen't it get to you guys after so many times?

Last edited:
Tussent looks very nice. Lighting, grass, textures :ok: And even on my weak PC fps is not decreased. It will be great if these improvements relate to the other locations.
:smile:

Change the display for map icons indicating explorations that have been completed, e.g. Guarded Treasure, Abandon Site. When they're barely greyed out it's still really difficult to tell apart which ones are completed or not, especially up against certain parts on the map. Make them either displayed in a different color or simply have a check mark on them.

Also, its annoying when XP is received during video clips and all you hear is the sound when XP is gained but you dont know how much you gained unless it was enough to level up.

Last edited:
Is there a way we could turn-off subtitles for cutscenes, but not for random NPC chatters?
Sometimes the scene is good, only that there are subtitles. But I don't want to totally eliminate it, because of the NPC chatters in the open world.

The game used an entirely different renderer back then. Putting back all the extra visual fluff from the 35 minute demo should be possible though.

I believe the hardest part for CDPR is to bring back all the impressive facial animation because to trigger all the complex movements of the muscle, you need sufficient CPU power, which I'm unsure whether the consoles are capable of without noticeable performance hiccups.

I think the 35 min demo is rendered with the same effects and comes with the same assets as the SOD trailer, and also the XBOX ONE debut ("tracking down the griffin" demo). You can see that a lot have happened ever since (human skin texture, water, tree texture etc.). The faces of Geralt, Yennefer and Triss have all been drastically altered. Geralt's eyelids are much lower in the current game than in those 2014 demos. CDPR was more than frank when they commented on his old look by saying he was a relatively handsome guy compared to his look in TW2 and VGX era of TW3.

But now, one of my friends is extremely dissatisfied with Geralt's final look, because slight changes on eyelids and cheekbones do make a big difference to one's overall temperament, lol.

And we no longer see Geralt capable of that grimace at the end of the XBOX ONE demo of griffin fight.

Top Bottom