+

Graphics Comparison (What do you like?)

• First one.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Second one.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Graphics Comparison (What do you like?)

Please look at http://may17th.deviantart.com/art/Graphics-Comparison-534463620 to view the original image in full resolution and uncompromised quality.

Settings are Ultra, HBAO+, HairWorks but one has Sharpness at Low and one at High.

Man I´m not sure if this screen is the best for comparing, maybe try to take a photo in normal light with some building/object

I'm a fan of sharp graphics, but the top one looks better IMO with the slight blur for the farther away objects.

First one is better because it looks more natural (are you sure DoF isn't on ?), second one actually puts strain on my eyes.

First one is better because it looks more natural (are you sure DoF isn't on ?), second one actually puts strain on my eyes.
Only difference between these shots are that one has sharpness on low and the other on high.
Both shots have depth of field and ultra settings with everything on.

First one has the sharpness on low (this was the highest setting before patch 1.03)
Patch 1.03 introduced high option that I find weird as I personally feel it ruins the view as it puts a sharp edge on everything from far distance to low distance.

Thought it was a weird setting to add as it made it look less good, in my opinion.

---------- Updated at 10:04 PM ----------

Another image for comparison here: http://may17th.deviantart.com/art/Graphics-Comparison-534494912
It's only possible for me to show the uncompromised quality there in full size as the image loses quality on the forum.

Last edited:
I feel that the original sharpening (Low) is a bit too soft. The new sharpening (high) on the other hand is way over doing it.... I want something in between and I found it XD

For nvidia cards, set Sharpening to HIGH and DSR it. DSR softens things out pretty well.

my settings are like: everything ultra, hairworks off, hbao+, all postprocess " on " except sharpening. i have that off. I just can't stand what it does to the image. it's way more realistic without it sharpening.

I feel that the original sharpening (Low) is a bit too soft. The new sharpening (high) on the other hand is way over doing it.... I want something in between and I found it XD

For nvidia cards, set Sharpening to HIGH and DSR it. DSR softens things out pretty well.

I agree with you Ashwind, I would like a middle ground. I've not played around with DSR before. Does enabling it impact on frame rates much? I'm getting a virtually constant 60 fps (in White Orchard) running a combination of high and ultra settings at 1920 x 1080p on a stock GTX970.

I agree with you Ashwind, I would like a middle ground. I've not played around with DSR before. Does enabling it impact on frame rates much? I'm getting a virtually constant 60 fps (in White Orchard) running a combination of high and ultra settings at 1920 x 1080p on a stock GTX970.

Well, if you want to get a constant 60fps using DSR 1440p with a GTX 970 (which is the card I am using), you will have to push quite some settings to HIGH, maybe foliage to medium even.... I went the opposite way though: I push everything to Ultra and I am getting close to 40FPS most of the time (jumps from 30-50 fps in certain spots). If I drop Foliage to HIGH, will get around 45FPS mostly but since I feel that the game is as smooth even below 60fps, i went all out.

p/s: You can also adjust the DSR quality in the nVidia panel

**Goes without saying that Hairworks is off

This is a jest right? I see no difference in the quality of the two pictures, even after staring them down in full size.

I like the soft myself. I think the graphic style they've gone for needs a bit of softening.

Definitely do not like the sharp. It makes a digital image look even more digital.

---------- Updated at 05:04 PM ----------

This is a jest right? I see no difference in the quality of the two pictures, even after staring them down in full size.

Perhaps like me you clicked on them both in separate browser windows and failed to realise the second one needs scrolling down :)

Look at the birds' positions and make sure you're looking at the right image

Top Bottom