graphics problem, polygon spikes from geralt's head and body

+
graphics problem, polygon spikes from geralt's head and body

Hi, I am getting great fps, and have just about everything turned to medium or maxed. lowering anything doesnt seem to fix this problem, as I have played with the settings for 3 days now. I have tried updating drivers, rolling them back, and nothing helps. basically, there are "leaks" or something originating from geralt's head and body. in the very beginning of the game i saw only minor probs, like his facial hair with tiny little spikes shooting off all in the same direction, and a simple reload seemed to fix it. but later on, after you get out of the castle, the problem gets worse. sometimes even cabinets, and things are just a jarbled mess of spiky polygons, but mostly it is geralt. the problem sometimes goes away when i enter a house, or reload the game, but always persists. changing the direction in which geralt is facing sometimes effects the intensity of the prob.Here are 3 screenshots of what i am getting.

Those spikes are pretty common with old and/or underpowered video systems/ drivers. http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/game/system_requirements.html The Witcher Minimum requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 +28001 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP / 1536 MB for Microsoft Windows Vista128 MB Video RAM or greater with DirectX9 Vertex Shader/ Pixel Shader 2.0 support (NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon 9800 or better)8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-RomRecommended requirements:Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, Vista (Operating System must be up to date with the latest fixes)Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz or AMD X2 5600+2 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX or ATI Radeon X1950 PRO8.5 GB available hard drive spaceDirectX 9.0c compliant soundcard, plus speakers or headphonesDVD-Rom

wow.... linear-thinkers LOVE to throw in the "requirements" (copIed and pasted into forums), but did you not read the first sentence i wrote? my computer's "performance" is FINE.. i am getting a good 20-40 fps all the time, which obviously isn't the best, but it is good enough. I'm using an x800xt, and it is handling everything just fine. keep in mind i said the problem didnt occur till i got into vizima outskirts (after the castle).If anyone has an intelligent solution or theory to my problem please let me know. otherwise don't waste my time or anyone elses, because we all know the "minimum requirements" for the game.

Mate, looks like your card could be overheating a bit.You could try turning up the fan speed a touch, on the grfx card that is.ps: what are your specs?

Might be a long shot, but try turning grass effetcts completley off.. I had similar tearing. Unfortunatly you will miss out on all grass effects =/

Lemme see...Grass, or tearing...I'd go for the no-grass solution then.But to the point, see if it is Geralt himself tearing, or that it is an item that causes this problem.I had it in some other games (The Elder scrolls), and was caused by items not properly installed.A reinstall of the game fixed it.I noticed that sometimes, a game can alter a graphical file through using it.An opening/closing error? (as in, read/write error, red.)Cro-Mag

Top Bottom