Graphics Problem since 1.3

+
Graphics Problem since 1.3

So after installing the 1.3 Patch, each time I change any setting in the launcher configurator, all textures are bland and without details.
The only way to fix that is to use the predefined settings (low, medium, high, ultra) or using AutoDetect.
Also after clicking on AutoDetect all options are disabled yet they still work ingame. I guess thats just a display bug so no big deal.
Everything was fine on earlier patches.
I attached some screenshots so you know what I mean.
Its not a huge problem though, I can still play the game on high/AutoDetect.
Any help is appreciated.

Pham said:
So after installing the 1.3 Patch, each time I change any setting in the launcher configurator, all textures are bland and without details.
The only way to fix that is to use the predefined settings (low, medium, high, ultra) or using AutoDetect.
Also after clicking on AutoDetect all options are disabled yet they still work ingame. I guess thats just a display bug so no big deal.
Everything was fine on earlier patches.
I attached some screenshots so you know what I mean.
Its not a huge problem though, I can still play the game on high/AutoDetect.
Any help is appreciated.

That is bad, indeed. I would like to offer solutions that might work, if you don't mind.

From now on, lay OFF the Configurator.exe. Instead, configure directly by accessing the "user.ini" file in /MyDocument/Witcher 2/Config/ folder.

Make a backup of that "user.ini" file.

Open the file using Notepad program. Look for the [Rendering] section and copy+paste the following texts DIRECTLY BELOW that [Rendering] section, so it would like this:

[Rendering]
AllowAntialias=0
AllowBloom=1
AllowBlur=0
AllowCutsceneDOF=0
AllowDOF=1
AllowDecals=0.5
AllowMotionBlur=0
AllowRain=0
AllowSSAO=0
AllowScatterDOF=0
AllowShafts=1
AllowSharpen=1
AllowVignette=1
AtlasTextureDownscale=1
CharacterLodGameplayDownscale=1
DanglesLimiter=1
DetailTextureDownscale=1
FoliageDistanceScale=0.9
Fullscreen=0
MaxAtlasTextureSize=4096
MaxCubeShadowCount=1
MaxCubeShadowSize=256
MaxSpotShadowCount=3
MaxSpotShadowSize=512
MaxTextureSize=2048
MeshDistanceScale=1.0
ShadowQuality=0
ShadowedLights=0
TextureDownscale=1
TextureMemoryBudget=400
TextureTimeBudget=10
UberSampling=1
VSync=0

[Viewport]
Height=740
Width=1024

Save it. Notice that it overwrites the original texts, but it's OK.

Exit Notepad.

Fire up the game by directly accessing the Witcher.exe file in the /bin/ folder where you install the Witcher 2. Make sure to right click the file, and choose "Run as Administrator".

Please do this first and report back if anything's changes.

Dude, it's 05:40AM in here and I'm sss....ss...sleepy.

Anyway, if you're still having problem, kindly checklist the following:

The "user.ini" file configuration that I gave you was for the lowest settings. Check the following link if you want to try medium, high, and ultra settings:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/580627-witcher-2-performance-issues-solved.html

In any case, I hope my efforts really help. I gotta crash now.
Good luck, ya!

First of all, thanks for your input, sorry I didnt answer yesterday I wrote it as I was going to bed and just now I had the time to try your advice out.
Unfortunately it didnt help. Tweaking the user.ini file has the same result as the config tool. Bland graphics. I tried turning the option on and off one at a time but it seems that the problem is not bound to one of them, but rather to the fact that I change any option.

Ummm...what's your PC specs? Your NVIDIA settings and driver version, if you use one? Perhaps that would helps determine the culprit.

Don't give up [yet], though. There are many kind people here that would and could help.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
3GB of RAM
9800GT GeForce 1GB Didnt mess around with the settings.
And other stuff I dont know. Bought it already built. I updated my drivers some weeks ago I think. Should do that again, I guess. I will update tomorrow.
I dont think its a PC problem, it runs perfectly fine on High and it happened only after I installed Patch 1.3. Other games are running perfectly was well.
Reinstalling the game might help, although its not needed.

Pham said:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz
3GB of RAM
9800GT GeForce 1GB Didnt mess around with the settings.
And other stuff I dont know. Bought it already built. I updated my drivers some weeks ago I think. Should do that again, I guess. I will update tomorrow.
I dont think its a PC problem, it runs perfectly fine on High and it happened only after I installed Patch 1.3. Other games are running perfectly was well.

Well, perhaps you might want to try going back to Patch 1.2. But the only way to do that is complete reinstall of TW2. Plus, I can't guarantee any savegame you made with 1.3. will work in 1.2.

IMHO, it's better that way than having to play with the nagging feeling of unsatisfied graphics.
How was your FPS in 1.2. by the way?

On Nvidia control panel settings set as many as possible to application controlled and you won`t need vsync or antialiasing enabled unless you have screen tearing...these you can disable through the user ini just set both to 0 .

blubeetle said:
Well, perhaps you might want to try going back to Patch 1.2. But the only way to do that is complete reinstall of TW2. Plus, I can't guarantee any savegame you made with 1.3. will work in 1.2.

IMHO, it's better that way than having to play with the nagging feeling of unsatisfied graphics.
How was your FPS in 1.2. by the way?

Nah, I completed my Iorveth playthrough yesterday so now I will take a break from TW2 and focus on reading the books (Im at Times of Contempt now and its great, just a bit difficult to like Yen because I like Triss more :D)
I will do another playthrough some time later, but I hope then, the next patch will be already available and the problem will be fixed. If not the game looks amazing even on High. Oh and I get the same FPS as on Patch 1.2. From 25-60 depending on the location I am in (20-30 outdoors, around 50-60 indoors).

blubeetle said:
On Nvidia control panel settings set as many as possible to application controlled and you won`t need vsync or antialiasing enabled unless you have screen tearing...these you can disable through the user ini just set both to 0 .

Everything was already set to application controlled.

Thanks both of you for your input. I appreciate it.

Pham said:
Nah, I completed my Iorveth playthrough yesterday so now I will take a break from TW2 and focus on reading the books (Im at Times of Contempt now and its great, just a bit difficult to like Yen because I like Triss more :D)

I will do another playthrough some time later, but I hope then, the next patch will be already available and the problem will be fixed. If not the game looks amazing even on High. Oh and I get the same FPS as on Patch 1.2. From 25-60 depending on the location I am in (20-30 outdoors, around 50-60 indoors).

Thanks both of you for your input. I appreciate it.

You're welcome, Pham.

I only read The Last Wish, Blood of Elves and fans translations, including the first 4 chapters of Time of Contempt. I have to admit, I'm one of the few readers and players of the Witcher games who find it more inclined towards Triss and resent Yennefer more and more with each revelation of her. There are at least three people now, including you, who share this perspective.

By all means, please drop by here if you wish to join the fray:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22370-contradictions-in-story-between-witcher-books-and-games/​

I'll see you around, Pham.

blubeetle said:
You're welcome, Pham.

I only read The Last Wish, Blood of Elves and fans translations, including the first 4 chapters of Time of Contempt. I have to admit, I'm one of the few readers and players of the Witcher games who find it more inclined towards Triss and resent Yennefer more and more with each revelation of her. There are at least three people now, including you, who share this perspective.

By all means, please drop by here if you wish to join the fray:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22370-contradictions-in-story-between-witcher-books-and-games/​

I'll see you around, Pham.

You would hate Yen even more if you read Sword of Destiny, mainly in the first story (The Bounds of Reason) and A Shard of Ice, what really made me like Triss even more than before.

Pham said:
You would hate Yen even more if you read Sword of Destiny, mainly in the first story (The Bounds of Reason) and A Shard of Ice, what really made me like Triss even more than before.

>hik<

If only I could read Polish or Russian.

IMHO, Mr. Sapkowski is a genius writer, able to present people for what and who they are--to say the Witcher series as a character-based story, so it's not merely fantastical creation. He presents the story and characters as they are and let the readers draw their own interpretation rather than leading them by the nose with unnecessary dialogs. Pretty much like, "Show, don't tell" ala movie script.

That aside, Yennefer is the kind of woman I used to date for eight years before she finally broke it up for a close friend of mine. But she was destructive even way before that happened. Thus, speaking from my own experience, I know exactly how destructive Yennefer is [to anyone], and how much the better of the lesser evil Triss is as an option. Bias notwithstanding, I can't help seeing it that way. Besides, the books and the games confirm how much she genuinely loves Geralt--perhaps even more so than Yennefer could ever claims.

I am so can't wait to read the rest of the official translations. Aaarrrgh!

blubeetle said:
>hik<

If only I could read Polish or Russian.

IMHO, Mr. Sapkowski is a genius writer, able to present people for what and who they are--to say the Witcher series as a character-based story, so it's not merely fantastical creation. He presents the story and characters as they are and let the readers draw their own interpretation rather than leading them by the nose with unnecessary dialogs. Pretty much like, "Show, don't tell" ala movie script.

That aside, Yennefer is the kind of woman I used to date for eight years before she finally broke it up for a close friend of mine. But she was destructive even way before that happened. Thus, speaking from my own experience, I know exactly how destructive Yennefer is [to anyone], and how much the better of the lesser evil Triss is as an option. Bias notwithstanding, I can't help seeing it that way. Besides, the books and the games confirm how much she genuinely loves Geralt--perhaps even more so than Yennefer could ever claims.

I am so can't wait to read the rest of the official translations. Aaarrrgh!

Lucky me, I am Slovak and have the books in Czech which is very very similar (Another bonus is, that the Czech version has "Something ends, something begins in Sword of Destiny too). But I think a few short stories from Sword of Destiny have been translated by fans already, you can search for them if you want.

Pham said:
Lucky me, I am Slovak and have the books in Czech which is very very similar (Another bonus is, that the Czech version has "Something ends, something begins in Sword of Destiny too). But I think a few short stories from Sword of Destiny have been translated by fans already, you can search for them if you want.

Thanks, Pham. I'll do that.

Top Bottom